Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Sports Illustrated is covering just how bad the Reds are so far this season.
    Hey if you listen to Reds fans in the city. We won our series vs the Pirates and we won our last series vs the Brewers. So yep things are fine now.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Hey if you listen to Reds fans in the city. We won our series vs the Pirates and we won our last series vs the Brewers. So yep things are fine now.
    Hey, you gotta take positivity when and where you can get it!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hey, you gotta take positivity when and where you can get it!
    For real. This season for sure. But a few wins and some good games vs the Priates for crying out loud and some of the fans think the series is a shoe in. Wait to we get back to playing real teams again lol.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    For real. This season for sure. But a few wins and some good games vs the Priates for crying out loud and some of the fans think the series is a shoe in. Wait to we get back to playing real teams again lol.
    Well they are only one win away from breaking into the double digit win column...I wasn't sure they were going to do that before the All Star Break the way they started.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The Phillies' weekend rampage in Chavez Ravine continues with an 8-3 win over the Dodgers last night. In three wins over the best team in the National League, the Broad Street Bombers scored 29 runs on 37 hits, including 8 homers. I'll readily admit I did NOT see that coming, I figured on the Phils managing only three wins on their seven game road trip in Seattle and L.A., but we've notched five out of six, highlighted by our current curbstomp of the mighty Dodgers. At the risk of sounding greedy, but, dammit, I want the Phils to complete the sweep today.

The Phillies' weekend rampage in Chavez Ravine continues with an 8-3 win over the Dodgers last night. In three wins over the best team in the National League, the Broad Street Bombers scored 29 runs on 37 hits, including 8 homers. I'll readily admit I did NOT see that coming, I figured on the Phils managing only three wins on their seven game road trip in Seattle and L.A., but we've notched five out of six, highlighted by our current curbstomp of the mighty Dodgers. At the risk of sounding greedy, but, dammit, I want the Phils to complete the sweep today.
    It was a good set for the Phlis and to be honest one I was shocked about. But I am pretty happy to see it.

Extraordinary Member

Ohtani just joined a VERY exclusive club, one with only two members, Ohtani, and....well, there's only one other name in baseball history who also has at least 100 HRs and 250 Ks. That other player of course is Babe Ruth. He's also one of three Japanese players with 100 or more HRs, along with Ichiro of course and also Hideki Matsui of course. Weirdly for an Angels' fan, they also...er....won the game?!?! I still think Moreno secretly replaced most of the Angles with pod people. Mark my words, the Angels winning is a sign that the invasion from Planet Ten has begun. When your friends start turning up looking like Donald Sutherland and screeching at you...don't say I didn't warn you!

What I find truly amazing about that is that a team with the GOAT AND the Unicorn also have the best player in BB currently, and it ISN'T either of them; but rather Taylor Ward, who in that game quietly hit a slam to augment whatever his gaudy numbers are.
    Last edited by achilles; 05-15-2022 at 06:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The Reds....hahahahaha! Only they could manage to lose a no-hitter! They'd restored my faith in them! My faith was briefly shaken when they did the unthinkable and started winning a few, but it's back in full.
    Last edited by achilles; 05-15-2022 at 03:07 PM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I came here specifically because of the Reds, knowing it’ll be a topic of conversation. That’s an … accomplishment? It’s a shame that it didn’t happen at home so they could’ve pitched the full nine.

Still hoping they catch the Cubs.

Wow the Red Sox just keeping getting worse. Very sad.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The Reds....hahahahaha! Only they could manage to lose a no-hitter! They'd restored my faith in them! My faith was briefly shaken when they did the unthinkable and started winning a few, but it's back in full.
    The last one to do it was the Angels in 2008 losing to the Dodgers without giving up a hit to them.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The last one to do it was the Angels in 2008 losing to the Dodgers without giving up a hit to them.

-M
    Hahaha, I might have figured it was the Angels. They have given new meaning to the term "futility" over the years, as us fans all know.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That was rather startling.

The Phillies ended their stay in L.A. with a 5-4 walkoff loss yesterday. Whining Phillies fans groused loud and long on social media about the bullpen coughing up the late lead to prevent us from a sweep (ignoring the offense having disappeared after the second inning), sure, it was deflating, but the Phils ended their road trip 5-2, something nobody expected when the team left town a week ago, hell, I had them going 3-4, so I was wholly satisfied with the results.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-16-2022 at 01:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The Phillies ended their stay in L.A. with a 5-4 walkoff loss yesterday. Whining Phillies fans groused loud and long on social media about the bullpen coughing up the late lead to prevent us from a sweep (ignoring the offense having disappeared after the second inning), sure, it was deflating, but the Phils ended their road trip 5-2, something nobody expected when the team left town a week ago, hell, I had them going 3-4, so I was wholly satisfied with the results.
    I think the Phillies did very well against the Dodgers. Even that last loss was so very close...

The Dodgers OTOH seem listless and not up to snuff.