Page 56 of 90 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Dodgers tied their season win total with 106. Obviously they can improve on that. But...there's only one goal they should have.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    All things considered, my Phillies were lucky to have earned that split. If not for one bad inning by Bailey Falter Saturday afternoon and a bullpen collapse last night, we could've swept the Braves.
    every team racks up a lot of shoulda/coulda/woulda games over the course of a season, the Braves have a lot of them this year to the point I believe they could be competing with the Dodgers for the top seed if they'd won most of theirs. But that's sports. NBA and MLB in particular cause of how long the seasons are.

I think Aaron Judge's best shot at 61/2 is going to be the Texas series, teams with something to compete for just aren't going to pitch to him at this point

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Zach Wheeler looked sharp in his return for the Phillies, going six innings, giving up one run on five hits against the Cubs. Problem was the offense was stymied by Marcus Stroman who tossed seven innings of one run, four hit ball in a 2-1 loss for the Phightins. While a Padres win up their lead for the second NL wild card to 2 1/2 games, fortunately, the Brewers lost, keeping them 1 1/2 games out of the running.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Got an alert that Aaron Judge tied Roger Maris with his 61st homer tonight.

Got an alert that Aaron Judge tied Roger Maris with his 61st homer tonight.
    Has 7 more games to get the untainted record.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Has 7 more games to get the untainted record.
    I'm rooting for him. He got a standing ovation from the Toronto crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I'm rooting for him. He got a standing ovation from the Toronto crowd.
    That same crowd booed the Jays for walking Judge four times last night.

Extraordinary Member

That same crowd booed the Jays for walking Judge four times last night.
    So did I....

In two games against the bottom feeding Cubs who are some 20 games under .500, my Phillies have managed all of three runs in two losses to the Southsiders, and their losing streak is now at four.. This is flat out inexplicable. Meanwhile, the Padres lost, but the Brewers won, so Milwaukee is now only half a game out of the third NL wild card. Those fears I had of yet ANOTHER September collapse by the Phils is a now at four alarms.

In two games against the bottom feeding Cubs who are some 20 games under .500, my Phillies have managed all of three runs in two losses to the Southsiders, and their losing streak is now at four.. This is flat out inexplicable. Meanwhile, the Padres lost, but the Brewers won, so Milwaukee is now only half a game out of the third NL wild card. Those fears I had of yet ANOTHER September collapse by the Phils is a now at four alarms.
    The September's the Phillies are having are just terrible. At this point, I'll be surprised they make the playoffs.

Damn, Lets GO Phillies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    The September's the Phillies are having are just terrible. At this point, I'll be surprised they make the playoffs.

Damn, Lets GO Phillies!!!
    The Phillies are a MLB worst 3-10 since September 15th after getting swept by the goddamn Cubs in a series where we managed all of three runs and were stymied today by something called Javier Assad in a 2-0 shutout. If the Brewers win later tonight, they’ll take the third wild card spot. I can’t believe the Phils are choking yet AGAIN in September!

Miami did my Phillies a solid by nipping Milwaukee 4-2 last night, so the Brewers remain half a game out of the third NL wild card. Meanwhile, with the remnants of Hurricane Ian expected to cause trouble in the Mid-Atlantic with periods of heavy rain over the weekend, the Phils and Washington will play a day-night doubleheader today, needless to say, my squad has GOT to pull itself out of this godawful funk or they'll be on the outside looking in once more.

The Phillies are a MLB worst 3-10 since September 15th after getting swept by the goddamn Cubs in a series where we managed all of three runs and were stymied today by something called Javier Assad in a 2-0 shutout. If the Brewers win later tonight, they’ll take the third wild card spot. I can’t believe the Phils are choking yet AGAIN in September!
    Yet Again!

I really did not think this was going to happen, like say a month ago. Then as the month progressed I got worried. Now... I just don't know what to say or expect. I'll keep rooting of course, as I don't care how we get in or back into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Yet Again!

I really did not think this was going to happen, like say a month ago. Then as the month progressed I got worried. Now... I just don't know what to say or expect. I'll keep rooting of course, as I don't care how we get in or back into the playoffs.
    A month ago, I was wondering who the Phils would face in the postseason, now this! By the by, once the Mariners, currently second in the AL wild card secure their spot in the playoffs, breaking a 20 year skid, guess who would then own the longest drought….yup, the Phils at 10 years. URGH!