Page 26 of 90 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Games not over yet but the Sox go up 4-2 by a misthrow to first base. Hey I will take it. Now lets see if the bullpen can get 3 outs for the W.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Games not over yet but the Sox go up 4-2 by a misthrow to first base. Hey I will take it. Now lets see if the bullpen can get 3 outs for the W.
    Bullpen is going to have to get the whole game tomorrow as their starting pitching health woes continue, they had to scratch Wacha from tomorrow's start due to a "heavy arm"-Wacha has had a solid season after several down years, but eating up innings so far may have worn down his arm. We'll have to see if he gets pushed back a few days, misses the start completely, or is headed to the IL. Austin Davis is going to be the opener tomorrow and the rest of the bullpen will have to finish the game against the Rays. Tough way to start a key series against a team breathing down your neck only a game back.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

On the big stage of ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball, Zach Wheeler was masterful, throwing seven shutout innings in a 4-0 Phillies win over the Cards last night.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Bullpen is going to have to get the whole game tomorrow as their starting pitching health woes continue, they had to scratch Wacha from tomorrow's start due to a "heavy arm"-Wacha has had a solid season after several down years, but eating up innings so far may have worn down his arm. We'll have to see if he gets pushed back a few days, misses the start completely, or is headed to the IL. Austin Davis is going to be the opener tomorrow and the rest of the bullpen will have to finish the game against the Rays. Tough way to start a key series against a team breathing down your neck only a game back.

-M
    Ya this will be a very tough series and tough start against Tampa Bay.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I'm watching Boston and Tampa Bay right now. Boston up 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I'm watching Boston and Tampa Bay right now. Boston up 2-0
    Hope Boston can take this game. Big series for them. So is the next series.

Extraordinary Member

RIP to the 17 year old daughter of Jay's 1st base coach, Julia Budzinski, who died in a tubing accident on the James River., hit by a boat prop. Mark Budzinski left the game obviously Saturday, and Charlie Montoyo left with him to help him. Very sad. Jays and the other team held a moment of silence for her Sunday.
    Last edited by achilles; 07-04-2022 at 04:59 PM.

Sox get a win over Tampa Bay yesterday. Pivetta is one the mound today for a big game. Lets see if they can pull out a win.

Extraordinary Member

What was that in the ChiSox Twins game, an 8-5 triple play? Whatever it was, I gather it was the first ever in MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    What was that in the ChiSox Twins game, an 8-5 triple play? Whatever it was, I gather it was the first ever in MLB.
    Yes, it was the first triple-play of its kind in MLB history. Should teach all future opponents of the Twins not to run on that guy.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Sox get a win over Tampa Bay yesterday. Pivetta is one the mound today for a big game. Lets see if they can pull out a win.
    Pivetta did not have a good night, giving up 7 ER and 10 baserunners in less than 6 innings worked. Now it's up the bullpen to try to keep them in the game to see if they can come back, but with both Devers and Verdugo getting a night off, the lineup might be a little too thin for that.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 07-05-2022 at 07:23 PM.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Yes, it was the first triple-play of its kind in MLB history. Should teach all future opponents of the Twins not to run on that guy.
    I only saw the highlight without sound, so I had no context, but it looked like a fluke play. The CF rand down a ball no one thought he would get to, but then overthrew the cutoff man and didn't reach the base he was throwing too, causing some confusion in the baserunners who let up trying to get back thinking they were good, but that gave the #B enough time to corral the errant throw, tag one runner who near him when he did, and beat the other runner to the bag to step on it and complete the triple play. If I were watching that throw from the CF on tape, my take away would be, he's someone we can run on, he's inaccurate and doesn't have a strong arm, but he has a lot of range, so just make sure something hit towards him will drop before taking off because he can get to some balls others can't.

-M

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Phillies broke out the bats and curbstomped the gNats 11-0 last night. Kyle Schwarber hit two homers, giving him 25 for the season to lead the NL while emergency starter Cristopher Sánchez, filling in for injured Ranger Saurez, pitched five scoreless inning in the rout over Washington. Combined with an Atlanta win over St. Louis, the Phightins are one percentage point over the Redbirds for the third Wild Card spot in the Senior Circuit. Not bad, considering how bad my squad looked in May and with Bryce Harper on the shelf.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I'm still trying to get my head around that there are still theoretically possible baseball plays that haven't yet been made in MLB even after all this time.

Anyone ever see Ken Burn's baseball documentary? I haven't, but I want to. Especially since baseball, even some of the current teams are way older than I thought. Getting time for me to brush up on my baseball history, I think.
    Last edited by achilles; 07-06-2022 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Pivetta did not have a good night, giving up 7 ER and 10 baserunners in less than 6 innings worked. Now it's up the bullpen to try to keep them in the game to see if they can come back, but with both Devers and Verdugo getting a night off, the lineup might be a little too thin for that.

-M
    Yes tough game for Pivetta. Tonight Bello pitches. He looks good and all the news I here is he will be used with caution. Sox need this game tonight against Tampa Bay.