Page 15 of 90 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Well with the Celtics over in a few weeks I need something to watch. I will watch an MLB game if its on and I have the time. With the Sox I just want them to be entertaining. I believe they could still turn it around but maybe not enough to make the playoffs. Even if they make the playoffs there are far better teams out there.
    I don't live in market any more for the Sox and I do not pay for MLB network or other carriers so I only get to watch the Sox when they're on national broadcasts, but I follow them as best I can still. As much as I love baseball, it has always been something to have on in the background while you were doing other things rather than something to actively watch. As a kid, I used to listen to games on the radio far more than I would ever watch them, and even now I would be far more likely to look for a way to stream the radio broadcasts than I would to pay to watch the game. You can get everything worth seeing in a game via the highlights on the MLB.com Sox page without all the dead time waiting for players to dig the dirt and adjust their cups, which despite what people may think, is not riveting TV and MLB games are about 50% longer timewise than they should be.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Red Sox up 10-0 top of the 4th.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Red Sox kicked some butt last night. It was actually fun to watch.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

the Phillies have one of the worst defenses I've seen in recent memory, last night they muffed a fly ball in the bottom of the 9th that turned into the walk off run the next batter, tonight they combine a wild pitch and what should have been scored as at least three errors on a single steal attempt that also resulted in a run

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    the Phillies have one of the worst defenses I've seen in recent memory, last night they muffed a fly ball in the bottom of the 9th that turned into the walk off run the next batter, tonight they combine a wild pitch and what should have been scored as at least three errors on a single steal attempt that also resulted in a run
    According to ESPN, my Phillies are 21st in MLB in fielding and, going into last night, had only 12 more errors than San Diego, the top fielding team in baseball. Still, last night's Keystone Cops routine by my squad was painfully embarrassing to watch.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-26-2022 at 02:37 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Red Sox lost 3-1 against White Sox. Hoping to win the rubber match later today. The Yankees win again. They are very good this year.

Yo, babyblob! The Reds missed an extra point kick in a 20-5 demolition of the Cubs yesterday. Do you think your squad will have any offense left for the long weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yo, babyblob! The Reds missed an extra point kick in a 20-5 demolition of the Cubs yesterday. Do you think your squad will have any offense left for the long weekend?
    I couldnt believe it as I watched that game! And it came against the Cubs so it was a double treat. Sadly it wasnt on the Cards but hey there is still a lot of season left

No if the Reds follow form they will get no hit on the next game. Their record in games after the game they win by 5 or more is depressing. Their record in games following a run by 10 wins or more? HA!

I have to admit the last ten days or so the Reds are showing me more then I thought they would.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I couldnt believe it as I watched that game! And it came against the Cubs so it was a double treat. Sadly it wasnt on the Cards but hey there is still a lot of season left

No if the Reds follow form they will get no hit on the next game. Their record in games after the game they win by 5 or more is depressing. Their record in games following a run by 10 wins or more? HA!

I have to admit the last ten days or so the Reds are showing me more then I thought they would.
    You have to admit it was an awesome performance in that 20-5 squeeker by Kyle Farmer. Now the Reds have another record; slowest pitch ever whiffed on at just shy of 45 MPH.

Always remember that no one can take that away from Reds fans except probably another Reds player, a bit later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    You have to admit it was an awesome performance in that 20-5 squeeker by Kyle Farmer. Now the Reds have another record; slowest pitch ever whiffed on at just shy of 45 MPH.

Always remember that no one can take that away from Reds fans except probably another Reds player, a bit later in the year.
    It was fun to watch! Funny thing about baseball. It is more enjoyable when the team plays well

And the 45 MPH pitch reignites my big league dreams!
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-27-2022 at 12:06 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

it was fun to watch! Fun y thing about baseball. It is more enjoyable when the team plays well

It’s quirky fun to watch position players on the mound toss meatballs and that old standby, the eephus for all to see!

Extraordinary Member

It was fun to watch! Funny thing about baseball. It is more enjoyable when the team plays well

That's the spirit! And you know, you're right, that game was fun.

Tonight's game shows why the Red Sox, despite having one of the best records in MLB the last 3 weeks, are nothing but a pretender until they fix that bullpen. Garrett Whitlock 6 IP, 2 runs allowed, leaves game with an 8-2 lead. Sox bullpen gives up 10 runs in the 7th, 8th and 9th, to the Orioles to lose 12-8.

Not one reliever they trotted out there tonight was effective.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

So the Reds' Tommy Pham got himself a 3 game rest courtesy of MLB for a slap of the Giants' Joc Pederson over something to do with fantasy football. Yeah, I find that weird too, but there it is. For what it's worth, I've long thought Pham was a flake with poor judgement and likely poor impulse control. At least he didn't get himself stabbed this time.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...r-fantasy-slap

Red Sox looking like they will lose another one tonight.