Page 41 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Aww, you know you want one!
    Of course I do. I am only human!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Well WPP your guys got us today.

Good job beating a AA Ball club Roster!!

Im done being snarky.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Well WPP your guys got us today.

Good job beating a AA Ball club Roster!!

Im done being snarky.
    Pfft! That wasn’t a win, it was an escape. Nothing personal against your team, but we should’ve blown them out of the water, leaving ELEVEN men on base was inexcusable. Other than that homer he gave up in the eighth, Thor was fairly solid while relievers David Robinson and Seranthony Dominguez shut things down to seal the win.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Pfft! That wasn’t a win, it was an escape. Nothing personal against your team, but we should’ve blown them out of the water, leaving ELEVEN men on base was inexcusable. Other than that homer he gave up in the eighth, Thor was fairly solid while relievers David Robinson and Seranthony Dominguez shut things down to seal the win.
    With Minor on the mound you guys should have been teeing off on us. I will be honest this was a let for you guys. You got the win but it was not pretty because the Reds should have been rocked.

Minor is god awful, our Pen is sub par. i dont under stand how you all only got 4. Maybe you should have watched the series where the Mets got double digits vs us 2 out of 3 games.

No wonder they lead the East

Angels fail to cover home plate in a rundown in the top of the 9th in a game that was tied 2-2 allowing the go ahead run to score and then wind up allowing 4 total to score in that half inning, giving the game to the Mariners. That's just sloppy baseball and an unforgivable play in a little league game, let alone in MLB.

I hope they are forced to play pickle for hours before the game tomorrow.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

With Minor on the mound you guys should have been teeing off on us. I will be honest this was a let for you guys. You got the win but it was not pretty because the Reds should have been rocked.

Minor is god awful, our Pen is sub par. i dont under stand how you all only got 4. Maybe you should have watched the series where the Mets got double digits vs us 2 out of 3 games.

No wonder they lead the East
    Well, despite things having changed for the better after Joe Girardi had been canned, the Phils occasionally play down to the level of their competition. There was also a goodly amount of poor baserunning and poor plate discipline last night, especially by Nick Castellanos who swung at anything in the same area code, annoying me no end. Still his night was nowhere near as bad as Joey Votto who swung his bat only four times, but produced four outs. Even our broadcast team was stunned at what they saw. What's up with him?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Angels fail to cover home plate in a rundown in the top of the 9th in a game that was tied 2-2 allowing the go ahead run to score and then wind up allowing 4 total to score in that half inning, giving the game to the Mariners. That's just sloppy baseball and an unforgivable play in a little league game, let alone in MLB.

-M
    Huh, words fail me. However, I'll still give it a shot. Typical Angels. They will find a way to lose. Damn I wish Moreno would sell to someone who is interested in baseball, not just real estate scams.

Extraordinary Member

Well, despite things having changed for the better after Joe Girardi had been canned, the Phils occasionally play down to the level of their competition. There was also a goodly amount of poor baserunning and poor plate discipline last night, especially by Nick Castellanos who swung at anything in the same area code, annoying me no end. Still his night was nowhere near as bad as Joey Votto who swung his bat only four times, but produced four outs. Even our broadcast team was stunned at what they saw. What's up with him?
    He left it in the broadcaster's booth at the Field of Dreams game?

He is not having a great year. The fact he is so loved in the city keeps him from being sat down. He is a 41 year old first baseman whose best days are behind him yet he is starting every game.

Not like we have anyone better but lets be real he would not be an every day starter on other teams.

Casty has always had problems with discipline at the plate. I love the guy but when he first got here if you just through it any where close to him he was swinging.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

-M
    God that was such a **** show. No one covering home. No one covering 3rd. it was just god awful.

And that was not the only bad play of the inning! There was so much bad. it was borderline unwatchable.

Extraordinary Member

God that was such a **** show. No one covering home. No one covering 3rd. it was just god awful.

And that was not the only bad play of the inning! There was so much bad. it was borderline unwatchable.
    Which goes to show, Sho is leaving as soon as possible for greener pastures. After all, it's his game they ruined. Guy might like support now and again, and a shot at a Series.

He is not having a great year. The fact he is so loved in the city keeps him from being sat down. He is a 41 year old first baseman whose best days are behind him yet he is starting every game.

Not like we have anyone better but lets be real he would not be an every day starter on other teams.

Casty has always had problems with discipline at the plate. I love the guy but when he first got here if you just through it any where close to him he was swinging.
    41? I had no idea Votto was that old! Wow!

41? I had no idea Votto was that old! Wow!
    Sorry 38. I got my dates mixed up.

So either way still old as Hell and declining.

Extraordinary Member

Sorry 38. I got my dates mixed up.

So either way still old as Hell and declining.
    He would make a great color guy. He can talk, knows the game, has personality.

Extraordinary Member

Dodgers' Roberts has finally benched Bellinger, who has been terrible, for three games, hinting that at some point might play other players who are actually producing. If you don't follow them, he just couldn't hit. Snakebit is the word that comes to mind.