Page 42 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Phils enjoy a relaxing laugher, pummeling the Reds 11-4 tonight behind two homers and five RBI’s from Rhys Hoskins.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Red Sox beat the Pirates tonight 5-3. Until former Red Sox Michael Chavis came in as a late inning replacement, I don't think I had heard of any of the players in the the Pirates line-up tonight nor any of their pitchers. If you asked me this afternoon to name a player on the Pirates current roster, I am not sure I could have done it. I think the Pirates have taken small market roster to a new level.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Oh, yeah, almost forgot! That win by the Phils last night was the franchise's 10,000th victory!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Red Sox beat the Pirates tonight 5-3. Until former Red Sox Michael Chavis came in as a late inning replacement, I don't think I had heard of any of the players in the the Pirates line-up tonight nor any of their pitchers. If you asked me this afternoon to name a player on the Pirates current roster, I am not sure I could have done it. I think the Pirates have taken small market roster to a new level.

-M
    I've noticed that too... Its not like I know all of the players in MLB, but I can usually count on knowing who at least three or four players. But there's one or two teams I can't do that with.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh, yeah, almost forgot! That win by the Phils last night was the franchise's 10,000th victory!
    Well congrats then. I figure the Angels will get there too, around the year 4652. So keep the 10,000 victory seats warm for us!

Hey great Job getting your 10,000th Win vs a AA Rosters (I am going to run that into the ground)

You guys were on point last night. That is the big difference between a team that cares and makes moves vs one that doesnt.

But 20 years from now I can look back and tell my grand kids. That 2022 Reds team? They wernt very good but my god were they fiscally responsible and not afraid to play for a budget!

One more in the afternoon game today. Im hoping we get at least 1 lol.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Braves have signed their rookie of the year front runner Michael Harris II to an 8 year deal worth 72 million with two team options at 15 million a piece

11 runs for the Phils last night, zero today on all of five hits in a 1-0 loss to the Reds. Infuriating!

After Texas Rangers' President of Operations Jon Daniels fired manager Chris Woodward on Monday, he himself was fired by the organization today, ending his 17 year tenure with the team. GM Chris Young will take over his duties for the remainder of the season.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

11 runs for the Phils last night, zero today on all of five hits in a 1-0 loss to the Reds. Infuriating!
    Excuse me just one second while I read my speech.

Haw Haw!!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Excuse me just one second while I read my speech.

Haw Haw!!
    Well, I’m happy that you’re happy.

Well, I’m happy that you’re happy.
    Well a win vs a team way better then us on the same day finding out Votto is done for the season. Ill take whatever I can today.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Well a win vs a team way better then us on the same day finding out Votto is done for the season. Ill take whatever I can today.
    If Votto has been trying to play with a torn rotator cuff, it might explain why he has been scuffling so bad. I had a partially torn one in my 20s and I couldn't even lift my arm higher than my waist. Rotator cuff injuries are no joke.

-M

Extraordinary Member

If Votto has been trying to play with a torn rotator cuff, it might explain why he has been scuffling so bad. I had a partially torn one in my 20s and I couldn't even lift my arm higher than my waist. Rotator cuff injuries are no joke.

-M
    Damn, I didn't know that. I hope he keeps that color guy thing in mind; I'd hate to see him just leave baseball entirely when he can talk like that.

Meanwhile, here's a story you must have seen. It hits home for me since as a kid of that age I always loved bunkbeds, and my mom always hated them, for this very reason. So, sorry Mom, you were right. Kudos to Mookie Betts though, who continues to prove how nice he is.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/little-...212051532.html

-M
    At 38 and only two years left on his contract I wonder if he will return next season. he was in a slump all of this year not just the last few weeks. He would be a great booth guy for the Reds. better then Larkin right now who is a HOF player but a god awful announcer.

To be honest the Reds should have had a plan in place for if an everyday 38 year old starting first basemen goes down. But they did not.