Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Considering the Pirates lost the series with the Reds, and I watched their AAA affiliate, the Indianapolis Indians, lose to the Reds' AAA affiliate, the Louisville Bats, 4 out of 5 times last week...

Yeah, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
    But then, the Bucs went and handled the mighty Dodgers 5-1 last night.

Meanwhile, out on the left coast, my Phillies pounded out 17 hits in a 9-0 whitewashing of Seattle.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

I almost couldn't believe Ohtani never has hit a grand slam...until yesterday, when he did, and also one more. Who stole my Angels and replaced them with a decent team?!?

Extraordinary Member

Much like Emily, the Dodgers are looking to be in Paris. Or at least to play a game there in a future year. Hopefully, they take Peyton along with them, and buy colorful outfits.

Just a heads up to the rest of the MLB fans. The Reds won their 6th game last night. That is 2 wins in a row and we are on a row. So the rest of you all need to look over your shoulders we are coming
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Much like Emily, the Dodgers are looking to be in Paris. Or at least to play a game there in a future year. Hopefully, they take Peyton along with them, and buy colorful outfits.
    Are there any baseball fans in Paris? I didn't think there were any baseball fans at all in France.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Are there any baseball fans in Paris? I didn't think there were any baseball fans at all in France.
    I guess we might find out, if this goes through. Sounds preliminary to me at the moment. It would be cool though, if the French decide they really like baseball. It'd be cool to convert the continent to the church of baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I don’t know about France, but I’ve heard there’s lots of baseball fans in Great Britain.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Just a heads up to the rest of the MLB fans. The Reds won their 6th game last night. That is 2 wins in a row and we are on a row. So the rest of you all need to look over your shoulders we are coming
    They'll probably pass the Cubs soon. I think the Cubs will be tanking until their Marquee broadcast deals come due.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Who stole my Angels and replaced them with a decent team?!?
    I'll cheer for anyone who can take out the Astros.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 05-10-2022 at 01:55 PM.

Angels rookie Reid Detmers threw the second no-hitter of the season in a 12-0 thumping of the Rays last night.

https://www.mlb.com/news/angels-rook...s-no-hits-rays

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Angels rookie Reid Detmers threw the second no-hitter of the season in a 12-0 thumping of the Rays last night.

https://www.mlb.com/news/angels-rook...s-no-hits-rays
    Like I said, who stole my Angels and replaced them with a good team?!? It was a complete game solo no hitter too. Detmers had been highly touted, and I guess that's why. Never mind Trout's two HRs, it was Detmers' night.

For a bit more context, it was Detmers' 11th career start, his ERA was over 5.0, and he'd never gone beyond 6 innings before. The last Angels solo no-no was about a decade ago, and the last lefty to do that for the Angels was in 1970.

Meanwhile Verlander lost one in the ninth, I think, for the Cheatros, and the Jay's lost one against the Yankees in the 6th in...circumstances.

I didn't see that one, so I don't know if the HBP was intentional or not, or if the ejections were warranted, but still, sounds wild.
    Last edited by achilles; 05-11-2022 at 03:54 AM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Yeah, the umps in the Jays game were as ridiculous as ever.

Extraordinary Member

That Rendon HR was interesting; he's had thousands of at bats in his career, but that was his first ever at bat as a lefty. He said after that he's been batting from the wrong side all this time!

Of course, it probably didn't hurt that the pitcher was a position player. I think this was his third time ever pitching.

Christian Yelich hit for the cycle for the third time in his career, tying him for the MLB record for career cycles.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Sadly, it appears you can stick a fork in the Phillies, they're done. Harper has a small tear in his UCL in his elbow. That can heal itself, or require a new surgical procedure, or full on TJ surgery. He's going to miss a couple of series, when he might be able to hit, but not throw...for months. At this point, no one knows. Damn, he and the Phillies can't catch a break.

Sports Illustrated is covering just how bad the Reds are so far this season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.