Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Bye bye Joe Maddon. The Angels fired him today.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Bye bye Joe Maddon. The Angels fired him today.
    Not really shocked there, but it doesn't matter. They'll still suck; that's their job, to lose games while providing a few pointless highlights. They are very good at losing games. I'm hoping there's at least some milestone in losing they can still achieve this season. I mean if you want to be terrible, at least be the best at it. And maybe put a few jugglers in the crowd to perform during play so the crowd will have something to entertain them.

And Moreno has to be in a pretty bad mood after his land...er....deal...got scuppered. And that further investigations might happen, though of course the Angels have NEVER had any major recent legal scandals, so I'm sure they're fine there.
    Last edited by achilles; 06-07-2022 at 02:14 PM.

2 and a half hours to first pitch in tonight's Red Sox-Angels game, and the Angels still haven't announced who tonight's starting pitcher is. Their starters for the rest of the series are also undecided. I guess when you lose 12 in a row, you got to reach for any advantage but not letting opponents know who's pitching so they can't go over scouting reports ahead of time.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    2 and a half hours to first pitch in tonight's Red Sox-Angels game, and the Angels still haven't announced who tonight's starting pitcher is. Their starters for the rest of the series are also undecided. I guess when you lose 12 in a row, you got to reach for any advantage but not letting opponents know who's pitching so they can't go over scouting reports ahead of time.

-M
    What's the all-time losing streak record? I wonder if the Angels can shoot for that?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Not really shocked there, but it doesn't matter. They'll still suck; that's their job, to lose games while providing a few pointless highlights. They are very good at losing games. I'm hoping there's at least some milestone in losing they can still achieve this season. I mean if you want to be terrible, at least be the best at it. And maybe put a few jugglers in the crowd to perform during play so the crowd will have something to entertain them.

And Moreno has to be in a pretty bad mood after his land...er....deal...got scuppered. And that further investigations might happen, though of course the Angels have NEVER had any major recent legal scandals, so I'm sure they're fine there.
    A shame really. The Angels have one of THE best players in baseball in Mike Trout and that team is wasting his prime years. He’s been there for what, ten years, and he’s only been in the postseason once, maybe twice. He deserves better than that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A shame really. The Angels have one of THE best players in baseball in Mike Trout and that team is wasting his prime years. He’s been there for what, ten years, and he’s only been in the postseason once, maybe twice. He deserves better than that.
    Possibly he gets some consolation by swimming in his money filled pool. I know I would. Still, the Angels just never commit the money to their obvious weaknesses, and when they do it's usually to vastly over-pay for an over the hill star with nothing numbers. They've always seemed a bit snakebit.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Possibly he gets some consolation by swimming in his money filled pool. I know I would. Still, the Angels just never commit the money to their obvious weaknesses, and when they do it's usually to vastly over-pay for an over the hill star with nothing numbers. They've always seemed a bit snakebit.
    Not sure of the severity, but Trout left last night's game with a groin injury, so not sure how much swimming he will do for the next few days. But you know, Trout will be in good company in the HoF with the likes of Ernie Banks who also toiled in frustration when it came to reaching games that mattered in the post-season. Not every great player gets to play on a great team.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 06-08-2022 at 11:31 AM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Not sure of the severity, but Trout left last night's game with a groin injury, so not sure how much swimming he will do for the next few days. But you know, Trout will be in good company in the HoF *****g with the likes of Ernie Banks who also toiled in frustration when it came to reaching games that mattered in the post-season. Not every great player gets to play on a great team.

-M
    He's turned kind of brittle since he signed that huge re-up. Very Angels move. Perhaps he can float on top of his money then.

Wow the Angels are a sad bunch.

Happy the Sox won though.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Red Sox on a 7 game win streak (yes I know they have been playing the Angels). Tonight's pitching match up will be interesting. Late game here on the east coast but I am going to stay up for it.

My Phillies are also on a seven game win streak after sweeping the NL Central leading Brewers 8-3 today. Odubel Herrera, Bryce Harper and Kyle Schwarber all hit homers in the rout as the bats are heating up.

It looks like there could be some rough waters ahead regarding the Baltimore Orioles ownership situation.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Braves now have a 9 game winning streak, it's been against a soft stretch of their schedule but Hell I'll take it

My Phillies just won their eighth straight, a 7-5 home win over the Snakes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Phillies just won their eighth straight, a 7-5 home win over the Snakes.
    They're going good, let's hope they can keep it up.