Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    They're going good, let's hope they can keep it up.
    Same here. Things did get a little hairy when the May Phillies bullpen showed up last night, but they hung on for the win and are now at .500. WHOO!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Same here. Things did get a little hairy when the May Phillies bullpen showed up last night, but they hung on for the win and are now at .500. WHOO!
    Don't forget, the Braves and the Nats both started horribly, and then went on to win the whole thing. And that Harper almost single handedly got them into the playoffs last year. Guy's a legend, after being a bit underwhelming after signing with the Phillies. Honestly, IMO, the Phillies are when they're at their best one of the most entertaining, fun, and just plain wonderful teams to watch. If they can all come together at the same time, the right time....who knows? Can they do it? Depending on the breaks, I'm thinking maybe they can.

What a great ride it's been for these 8 games!

What a difference it's been the last the last week or so. The hitting has been soo good. It's what I was hoping for when the season started. Keep it up Phillies!

Don't forget, the Braves and the Nats both started horribly, and then went on to win the whole thing. And that Harper almost single handedly got them into the playoffs last year. Guy's a legend, after being a bit underwhelming after signing with the Phillies. Honestly, IMO, the Phillies are when they're at their best one of the most entertaining, fun, and just plain wonderful teams to watch. If they can all come together at the same time, the right time....who knows? Can they do it? Depending on the breaks, I'm thinking maybe they can.
    Well, that would be amazing if they could do what the Braves or Nationals did. And as a Phillies fan, I thought the same exact thing. I can dream right?

And yeah, that offense when hot is very exciting and entertaining. And they've been hot!

The 2008 team won it all mostly on the strength of their offense which delivered clutch hitting time after time, a fairly competent starting staff led by Cole Hamels and, most of all, a lockdown bullpen with Brad Lidge perfect in save situations. If, as I suspect, the Phils are buyers at the trade deadline, they’re gonna need to shore up the bullpen first and foremost, lord knows they have enough hitting, and you don’t need the 1970 Baltimore Orioles starting staff (with four 20 game winners) to go all the way.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-11-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Red Sox win 8 out of last 9 games. They are back at it tonight. I am honestly just hoping they can keep it exciting for a bit before football comes.

The Yanks have first place on lock down and I do believe will have it that way for a long time to come.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Zack Wheeler, fresh off maternity leave after his wife gave birth to a girl celebrated by throwing six shutout innings in a 4-0 blanking of the Snakes yesterday for the Phillies’ ninth straight win. Today, they go for a third consecutive sweep and a tenth straight win.

Extraordinary Member

Sad news, I'm afraid. Marine Corps Captain John Sax was one of those killed in that Osprey accident this week. A very brave man, and the son of former Dodger Steve Sax.

RIP to a brave man and the son of a major leaguer who served his country honorably. He was 33. It reminds me of the 80s e played the Predator in the original movie, and perhaps the Danny Glover one. The lead in the show was Dean Paul Martin, son of Dean Martin. He was part of the Air National Guard, and was by all accounts a good pilot. He flew into a mountain.
    Last edited by achilles; 06-12-2022 at 07:15 AM.

Zack Wheeler, fresh off maternity leave after his wife gave birth to a girl celebrated by throwing six shutout innings in a 4-0 blanking of the Snakes yesterday for the Phillies’ ninth straight win. Today, they go for a third consecutive sweep and a tenth straight win.
    Wouldn't that be PATERNITY leave since it was him taking the time off?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Wouldn't that be PATERNITY leave since it was him taking the time off?
    Oops! You’re right! My bad!

Sad news, I'm afraid. Marine Corps Captain John Sax was one of those killed in that Osprey accident this week. A very brave man, and the son of former Dodger Steve Sax.

RIP to a brave man and the son of a major leaguer who served his country honorably. He was 33. It reminds me of the 80s e played the Predator in the original movie, and perhaps the Danny Glover one. The lead in the show was Dean Paul Martin, son of Dean Martin. He was part of the Air National Guard, and was by all accounts a good pilot. He flew into a mountain.
    Very sad. RIP
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

The Phillies’ nine game win streak ends with a colossal thud in a 13-1 curbstomp by Arizona. Meanwhile, Atlanta won their 11th straight. Annoying. I just hope today’s mugging by the Snakes doesn’t leave any lingering after effects going forward.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-12-2022 at 03:16 PM.

And the Yankees keep rolling, today clobbering the Cubs 18-4.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    And the Yankees keep rolling, today clobbering the Cubs 18-4.
    They stay healthy and keep it up they are winning it all.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    They stay healthy and keep it up they are winning it all.
    Hard to argue that, and heavens knows I want to since I have little love for the Yanks.