Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I know the game is cancelled for today but Go Red Sox!
    Sorry, but a day later and the Red Sox lost to the Yankees, 6-5.

Extraordinary Member

Lindor hit it the head by a pitch, with some ejections, and he passed concussion protocol, so there's that.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Lindor hit it the head by a pitch, with some ejections, and he passed concussion protocol, so there's that.
    And that was after Pete Alonso was hit the day before, so it stood to reason the Mets would be just a little salty.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And with the DH in the Senior Circuit, there’s no concern about the guaranteed out that’s the pitcher’s spot in the order. Between Harper, Realmuto, Schwarber, Castellanos and Hoskins, that’s a real menacing lineup to be sure. While it’s only one game, I like what I see so far.
    I really liked what I seen from the Phillies yesterday! I really think the whole lineup can work and get to most pitchers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I really liked what I seen from the Phillies yesterday! I really think the whole lineup can work and get to most pitchers.
    Me too, I'm getting quite excited for their chances this year.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Oof. That’s three bad starting pitching outings for the Jays to start the season.

So much for 162-0….

The Phillies’ bats were silenced in a 4-1 loss to Oakland to close out the season opening series. While I’m not one to come up with excuses, the umpiring behind the plate was a tad…sketchy.

Just watched a great comeback by the Phillies! Scoring 5 runs in the 8th, to erase a 4-0 deficit. Held on for the win against the Mets.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Just watched a great comeback by the Phillies! Scoring 5 runs in the 8th, to erase a 4-0 deficit. Held on for the win against the Mets.
    They need to think about what to do with Bohm. Dudes got the yips big time. 3 errors in 3 innings? That doesn't cut it. And he knows it. Triple A? And who do they have to replace him and do better?

And at this point, the Dodgers too have to think about Bellinger, who seems unable to do...well, anything.

They need to think about what to do with Bohm. Dudes got the yips big time. 3 errors in 3 innings? That doesn't cut it. And he knows it. Triple A? And who do they have to replace him and do better?
    At present, all they have is rookie Bryson Stott who opened the season at third, but he's a middle infielder, and former Atlanta Brave Johan Camargo. I'm guessing the Phils will go with Camargo if they decide to send Bohm down.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    At present, all they have is rookie Bryson Stott who opened the season at third, but he's a middle infielder, and former Atlanta Brave Johan Camargo. I'm guessing the Phils will go with Camargo if they decide to send Bohm down.
    Yeah, they don't have a huge amount of options at third. Camargo does seem likely.

Yeah, they don't have a huge amount of options at third. Camargo does seem likely.
    One of the problems, perhaps the chief problem with Bohm is that he's six foot five, god knows I'm no baseball expert, but that's too tall for the hot corner, perhaps that's why he occasionally airmails his throws across the diamond. If you ask me, Bohm is better suited to play first where his height comes in handy to snag high or errant throws, however, that would mean displacing Rhys Hoskins, but, he could DH while keeping Bohm's bat in the lineup and Camargo takes over at third. I don't know if there's another third bagger down at Lehigh or available for trade, so the team is limited to what they have at present.

Extraordinary Member

IF you had watched the SF/SD game the other night, you might have wanted to check your eyes during the lineup card exchange. Yes, it was...identical twins, one playing for the Giants, and one for the Padres! It was the first time since high school that they've played in the same stadium at once.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I don't follow the Reds much, so I don't really know exactly what's going on there, but damn, this Phil Castellini, team president, sounds like a right tool. It seems to me that he was threatening to move the team because fans wanted him to produce a winner. Is he as terrible as he seems?

Yeah, I don't follow the Reds much, so I don't really know exactly what's going on there, but damn, this Phil Castellini, team president, sounds like a right tool. It seems to me that he was threatening to move the team because fans wanted him to produce a winner. Is he as terrible as he seems?
    babyblob would know since I do believe he lives in that region. I just heard about that story this morning and yeah, Castellini sounds like a first class douche.