Page 20 of 90 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Very sad. RIP
    I don't know if any of them did it, but the Dodgers at least, and all the American teams should fly their flags half staff, with an announcement.

Braves win their 12th in a row but loose Ozzie Albies for a few weeks due to a fractured foot

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Phillies rebounded from Sunday’s drubbing at the hands of Arizona with a 3-2 win over Miami last night. That makes 10 wins in their last 11 games, but they can’t gain ground on Atlanta which, so far, hasn’t lost this month.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Despite two homers and a career high RBI's from Rhys Hoskins, last month's Phillies showed up as the bullpen imploded, giving up two leads in an 11-9 loss to the Marlins last night. Meanwhile, the damn Braves just won't lose, notching their 13th straight win.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-15-2022 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Despite two homers and a career high RBI's from Rhys Hoskins, last month's Phillies showed up as the bullpen imploded, giving up two leads in an 11-9 loss to the Marlins last night. Meanwhile, the damn Braves just won't lose, notching their 13th straight win.
    Man, that was just an awful loss. Maybe the worst of the season. I don't know what's worse, last night or that loss to the Mets where they blew the 7-1 lead. I was so excited when we took a 8-4 lead. Oh well.

Extraordinary Member

Dodgers lost Ferris, though he says he hopes to be back by the end of the season, which means next year at earliest. Suddenly, with most of them slumping, and the pitching devastated, they don't look as invincible. Hard to replace a starting pitcher like him. Plus Urias isn't pitching to form and Kershaw isn't back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Man, that was just an awful loss. Maybe the worst of the season. I don't know what's worse, last night or that loss to the Mets where they blew the 7-1 lead. I was so excited when we took a 8-4 lead. Oh well.
    I’d say the Mets game. Meanwhile, got an alert that Corey Knebel has been relieved of his duties as closer and the team will go with the dreaded “by committee” approach, something that, as far as I know, has NEVER worked in the bigs. If the Phil’s plan on being a contender, then they DAMN well better bolster the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’d say the Mets game. Meanwhile, got an alert that Corey Knebel has been relieved of his duties as closer and the team will go with the dreaded “by committee” approach, something that, as far as I know, has NEVER worked in the bigs. If the Phil’s plan on being a contender, then they DAMN well better bolster the bullpen.
    That's interesting news. With what we have In the bullpen... It's scary.

Phillies are playing right now, and getting shutout after 7 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Phillies are playing right now, and getting shutout after 7 innings.
    Backup catcher Garrett Stubbs took care of that with a walk off three run blast in the bottom of the ninth to win the series.

Extraordinary Member

The Astros have become the first team in MLB history to have TWO immaculate innings in the same game, (there's something like 108 total). Two different pitchers did it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/astros-beco...213551674.html

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The Astros have become the first team in MLB history to have TWO immaculate innings in the same game, (there's something like 108 total). Two different pitchers did it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/astros-beco...213551674.html
    Two different pitchers, but it was the same three batters for the Rangers each time.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The Braves close out their 4th consecutive sweep and extend their winning streak to 14 games in a row

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Two different pitchers, but it was the same three batters for the Rangers each time.

-M
    True, and I'll grant you that might have made a difference, but still, that's incredible. I hope to live long enough to see a single pitcher immaculate game. That way, I figure I'll be immortal.

Finally saw Field of Dreams....and I was blown away. That movie was the best non comedy baseball movie I've ever seen, and one of the best movies I've seen period. That James Earl Jones monologue was one of the top five I've ever heard.

Oh, and Rodger Clemmons son made his major league pitching debut with the Tigers, IIRC. Sadly, he's not a pitcher. Or apparently anything else. Though he has a pitcher's batting stats, or worse. And he can get up to a terrifying 50 MPH fastball. He plays every position, so I assume he's not very good at any of them. Oh well, fast forward a year and he'll be coaching in the minors, or broadcasting.

Interesting the Red Sox have won 11 out of the last 13 games. Pivetta has been showing up.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime