Page 21 of 90 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Phillies have won 11 out of their last 13 and are LOSING ground to the Braves who are running on all cylinders like last year when they won it all. If any Mets fans think they've sewn up NL East, they'd better think again, Atlanta is on fire and aren't going anywhere.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Phillies have won 11 out of their last 13 and are LOSING ground to the Braves who are running on all cylinders like last year when they won it all. If any Mets fans think they've sewn up NL East, they'd better think again, Atlanta is on fire and aren't going anywhere.
    Maybe ATL keeps on, despite injuries, but maybe not.

So right now the forecast is "many" teams are prepared to offer Ohtani 4 year 200 million dollar deals that would essentially shatter the AAV record not for Baseball but for all American sports

The Braves didn’t win last night….but that’s because they were off. Today, they start a series with the sad sack Cubs. URGH!

Meanwhile, my Phillies play a day/night doubleheader against 43 loss Washington (three losses more than the Cubs) after a 10-1 whupping of the Nets last night for their 12th win in the last thirteen games.

Well now that basketball is over I am all in on MLB. The Red Sox have won 7 our of the last 10.

Boston is 13 games back in the AL East but are not that far back in the Wildcard. I honestly believe they can get the wildcard spot.

I just hope the Red Sox keep it interesting for awhile.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I am really hoping the Braves dont surge too much. I really want to see The Mets or Phillies win the east with a slight hope for The Mets more then The Phillies.

But I will take either over the Braves.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am really hoping the Braves dont surge too much. I really want to see The Mets or Phillies win the east with a slight hope for The Mets more then The Phillies.

But I will take either over the Braves.
    I like the Mets. I kind of always have. Maybe because most hardcore Mets fans hate the Yankees like me LOL.

I also like the Yankees (I know and I am a GIANT Red Sox fan). Judge is just a beast. The rest of the team is very good as well. The manager is a goof ball but it is what it is.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

I'm a fan of both the Dodgers and the Angels, but I live about ten minutes from the Big A, so I take it a bit hard when the Angels....start acting like the Angels. Rendon, with that huge multi-year deal with the no trade clause and guaranteed money....just doesn't look that good any more. Yep, he's gone for the season....again. Wrist surgery, evidently he couldn't take the pain. The Angels always buy these guys who do well right up until they hit the Angels, then they become brittle.

The Braves didn’t win last night….but that’s because they were off. Today, they start a series with the sad sack Cubs. URGH!

Meanwhile, my Phillies play a day/night doubleheader against 43 loss Washington (three losses more than the Cubs) after a 10-1 whupping of the Nets last night for their 12th win in the last thirteen games.
    Those sad sack Cubs wound up beating the Braves 1-0 to end both their losing streak and the Braves winning streak.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Heh, it took a trip to Seattle for Trout and Othani to give the Angels a win, which Trout owns with the most HRs in that place of any visiting player. And second all time against the Mariners. But you'd think the Mariners would be great against a fish...

My Phillies just won their eighth straight, a 7-5 home win over the Snakes.
    Maybe it was Girardi all along...

It never rains, but it pours for the Angels: Anthony Rendon is done for the season after surgery on an injured wrist.

My Phillies swept a day/night doubleheader from the Nats yesterday. That's 14 wins in their last 16 games, putting them just 2 1/2 games behind second place Atlanta.

Extraordinary Member

Scary bit in the Angels/Seattle game. Upton was hit full on the head and dropped like a stone, a 90 MPH something. Seems a bit slow for a decent fastball. Anyhow, he was helped off and out of the game obviously, he's said to be feeling well.

At 36-31 the Red Sox could actually go into a Wildcard spot. Interesting.