Page 25 of 90 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Good lord! The Mess are STILL paying Bonilla? How long has it been since he retired?
    1999, and we'll keep going through this until 2035

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Round one of the MLB All-Star voting is in. Judge is in as the highest vote-getter, of course. Jays (7 finalists) and Atlanta (5 finalists) fans represent!

Red Sox lose to Cubs 6-5. Pathetic.

The Sox really need bullpen help. If it were up to me I would throw Sale right in there when he returns.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Red Sox lose to Cubs 6-5. Pathetic.

The Sox really need bullpen help. If it were up to me I would throw Sale right in there when he returns.
    With Hill leaving today's game with an injury (not sure of the extent), Eovaldi and Whitlock still on the IL, they don't have enough healthy bodies on the roster to fill out the rotation now either, so Sale will likely have to step in there despite the bullpen failings. They don't have enough good arms in the bullpen, but they do have enough healthy arms there to get by. They currently only had 4 starters on the roster, so if Hill misses time, they will need bodies to start games despite having had an off day yesterday.

Once they get healthy, putting Whitlock back in the bullpen in tandem with Houck to close out games is the better option than putting Sale there. Whitlock was becoming a serviceable starter, but he was lights out as a reliever.

As the roster currently stands, I'd like to see Bloom trade Kiki and Dalbec somewhere for some bullpen help as the deadline nears. Make room for Casas when he's ready and give the OF playing time to the Duran Refsnyder duo.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A nice gesture by the Phillies for Albert Pujols in his final season before last night's game:

FWnR1R3X0AYldpo.jpg
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    As the roster currently stands, I'd like to see Bloom trade Kiki and Dalbec somewhere for some bullpen help as the deadline nears. Make room for Casas when he's ready and give the OF playing time to the Duran Refsnyder duo.
    I agree I would not mind seeing that happen.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Omg the Phillies have just given up 4 straight hrs in a row. I've never seen that before. Down 5-0 1st inning. This is how the game started.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Omg the Phillies have just given up 4 straight hrs in a row. I've never seen that before. Down 5-0 1st inning. This is how the game started.
    But then the Phils tied the game. It’s currently 6-5 Cards in the bottom of the sixth.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    It is only the 11th time in AL/NL history that a team has hit four consecutive home runs. That is crazy.

The Phils battled back but couldn't complete the comeback, losing 7-6, thanks to Nolan Arenado (who hit one of those four dingers in the first) who went deep in the ninth off Seranthony Dominguez. I place the blame for that solely on interim manager Rob Thomson who should've ordered Arenado walked since he's feasted on Phillies pitching this weekend, having hit for the cycle on Friday. Frustrating!

Wow the Red Sox look awful over the last 5 games. Like how do you lose to the Cubs back to back games?! My hope is fading.

Wow the Red Sox look awful over the last 5 games. Like how do you lose to the Cubs back to back games?! My hope is fading.
    This is why I remain skeptical until at least the All Star Game and usually August with the Sox. They are way too streaky of a team, except in seasons where they are real contenders, and even those have streaks in them. But in a lot of those seasons those streaks are fool's good, you think they're going to be good but all they are doing is breaking hearts again.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    This is why I remain skeptical until at least the All Star Game and usually August with the Sox. They are way too streaky of a team, except in seasons where they are real contenders, and even those have streaks in them. But in a lot of those seasons those streaks are fool's good, you think they're going to be good but all they are doing is breaking hearts again.

-M
    They are not breaking my heart yet. I dont have HUGE expectations for this team. I am just a big Sox fan and want to see some excitement. The last few games have been rough.
    Look at the matchup today. Connor Seabold is pitching for the Sox. This is probably going to be another loss unless they light up Thompson for the Cubs.

They are not breaking my heart yet. I dont have HUGE expectations for this team. I am just a big Sox fan and want to see some excitement. The last few games have been rough.
    Look at the matchup today. Connor Seabold is pitching for the Sox. This is probably going to be another loss unless they light up Thompson for the Cubs.
    Seabold has looked like Winchowski did in the minors and in his first start for the Sox this year. Since that first awful start, Winchowski has been lights out. Seabold had a terrible first start as well. I'm hoping Seabold can find his groove like Winchowski did moving forward. The Sox desperately need to develop some starting pitching out of their system. Hill is gone next year. Eovaldi is a free agent soon. Sale is on the downside of his career. Wacha is on a one-year deal. Paxton on a two year deal and who knows what he has coming back form his injury. Pivetta is the only established starter with a long term contract future with the Sox. Winchowski looks good. Seabold has potential, even if its only a number 4 or 5 starter, the Sox need that. Bello is the other young arm that looks hopeful. But I am rooting for Seabold to find his legs in the majors, not just for today's start, but for the Sox to reamain competitive (if not contenders) over the next few seasons.

-M

Cubs just tied it up. Knew they would. Seabold pitched well today for the Sox. The bullpen will ruin this game now just as the bats have. Sox left bases loaded 3 times today with no runs.

I hope I am wrong. I hope the Sox can win it but I doubt it.