Page 33 of 90 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

I am surprised by that. There have been been teams that really sucked. How many starts does a pitcher have, 5? There are team that have lost 2/3 of their games in a month.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am surprised by that. There have been been teams that really sucked. How many starts does a pitcher have, 5? There are team that have lost 2/3 of their games in a month.
    I’m also surprised. I mean, you’d expect a hopeless bottom feeder like the Bucs to have managed that ignominious feat, but the Red Sox were expected to contend for a playoff spot coming into the season. Talk about a crash and burn. With Boston in last place in AL East, nearly two games behind the Orioles for pity’s sake, I’m guessing there will be a fire sale come Tuesday’s trade deadline.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Red Sox already losing once again. This team is just really really bad. I am not sure what to say anymore.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Red Sox already losing once again. This team is just really really bad. I am not sure what to say anymore.
    Well, they can always trade a single A guy and some magic beans for Shohei, I'm pretty sure the Angels would go for that. Honestly, I just don't see him staying around there any longer than he has to; he wants to win and they evidently don't.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, they can always trade a single A guy and some magic beans for Shohei, I'm pretty sure the Angels would go for that. Honestly, I just don't see him staying around there any longer than he has to; he wants to win and they evidently don't.
    He might be given one of the biggest contracts in MLB history though and I am not sure the Red Sox are up to pay for that.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    He might be given one of the biggest contracts in MLB history though and I am not sure the Red Sox are up to pay for that.
    Don't worry, they can ask the Angels to take the hit and they probably will---they love doing that sort of thing. Now that Moreno's real goal is toast, he probably just wants to mess with fans.

Austin Riley just broke the Braves franchise record for most extra base hits in a month set by Hank Aaron by hitting a walk off double to sweep the Diamond Backs

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Austin Riley just broke the Braves franchise record for most extra base hits in a month set by Hank Aaron by hitting a walk off double to sweep the Diamond Backs
    Do they still count beating the D-Backs as a victory in the record books, or do they just score it as a day ending in the letter "y"?

I heard that today’s starter for Boston won, keeping the Red Sox from going this month without a win by a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I heard that today’s starter for Boston won, keeping the Red Sox from going this month without a win by a starter.
    By the skin of his teeth. He went five innings and gave up 2 runs, but the Sox scored a 5 spot in the bottom of the fifth to put then ahead to qualify Winchowski for the win.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

My Phillies completed a four game sweep of the Pirates with an 8-2 whupping today. Alec Bohm ended a hot hitting July with a flourish, going 4 of 5 with a homer while Kyle Schwarber hit his NL leading 33rd dinger and Aaron Nola threw six strong innings. Next up, a trip to Atlanta.

Angels starter Reid Detmers, who pitched a no-hitter against Tampa Bay on May 10, struck out three Texas hitters on nine pitches in the second inning for the 109th immaculate inning in baseball history.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Angels starter Reid Detmers, who pitched a no-hitter against Tampa Bay on May 10, struck out three Texas hitters on nine pitches in the second inning for the 109th immaculate inning in baseball history.

-M
    Yeah, if he proves to be that good, the Angels will develop him, and then trade him for a can of shaving cream and a groundskeeper to be named later.

Extraordinary Member

You know, even if I were a team that could meet both Soto's and the Nat's ask for Soto, I probably wouldn't. His numbers this year just don't justify the estimated $500 million he's expected to go for.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Sox still suck. It is painful watching them.

I am paying attention to the NL and the Mets and Braves. I honestly believe one of those teams is winning it all. Ya the Yankees look like they could take it as well but ill believe that when I see them healthy in the post season.