Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I respect Kershaw. he had the chance to do something special. Some guys their ego would get to them. Try and push through it even if they couldnt. Kershaw put his team first. he knew he didnt have it and rather then hurt the team for his ego he told the truth and he sat down for another day.

Props to him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

For those of us who are interested in the management side of baseball. And for those who were kind of blind sided by the comments Reds President Phil C made the other day and wonder why Reds fans are so mad at ownership here is a great and detailed write up of just how the ownership group have ruined The Reds since they took over the team. Found this on Reddit of all places.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Reds/commen...er_castellini/
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

I'm sorry but part of me is loving that the Reds have become a trainwreck...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm sorry but part of me is loving that the Reds have become a trainwreck...
    No need to be sorry. Not everyone is a Reds fan. But Why are you loving it?

Good lord, the Braves bats are either ice cold or red hot.......there is nothing in between. Pitching which was supposed to be improved this season is not off to a great start. World series hangover? Shortened spring training? Guess we will see.
    Good news is Matt Olson is looking pretty solid.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member

Vlad Jr. is my fav over at the Jays to become AL MVP this year. That performance a couple of nights ago with the spiked finger and three HRs plus a double...the guy's picking up where he left off.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    No need to be sorry. Not everyone is a Reds fan. But Why are you loving it?
    Well one because it's not the Cards, two because it takes a challenger out of the Cards way for the central, mostly just that there's one less obstacle to the division title...so nothing personal against the city itself or the Reds fans...

Well one because it's not the Cards, two because it takes a challenger out of the Cards way for the central, mostly just that there's one less obstacle to the division title...so nothing personal against the city itself or the Reds fans...
    I get it. I feel the same about the Cards lol. Not big on that team. The stadium was nice but a lot of the fans (not saying you) were real dicks to me and it ruined the whole thing when I was there.

But there are bad fans everywhere. God the Cubs!! Blah!

Ultimate Member

I just remember past games where certain Reds players got in some dirty/cheap shots on some of the Cards and then acted like they'd done nothing, shortening Matheney's career and the Cards always had problems with the Reds game wise so most of the division being bad can only help, right...

PS-Closest I've ever been to a pro game in any sport was AAA Baseball and College basketball, a big 12 game years ago...

I just remember past games where certain Reds players got in some dirty/cheap shots on some of the Cards and then acted like they'd done nothing, shortening Matheney's career and the Cards always had problems with the Reds game wise so most of the division being bad can only help, right...

PS-Closest I've ever been to a pro game in any sport was AAA Baseball and College basketball, a big 12 game years ago...
    Meh. The Cards have done their share of cheap shots on people also. Every team does man. I remember two Reds players getting dinged in the head by the same guy in one season. it is what it is.

Meh. The Cards have done their share of cheap shots on people also. Every team does man. I remember two Reds players getting dinged in the head by the same guy in one season. it is what it is.
    I grew up in New England and became a Sox fan in 1973. I became a Reds hater in 1975 and still bear a grudge from the World Series tilt. I moved into the Reds market when I moved to Ohio in '03, and in nearly 20 years I still haven't managed to bring myself to root for them. There are only two teams I like less than the Reds, and they both hail from New York. That team from Tampa comes close, but I always feel bad for them when I look at their home crowds and their stadium, so it ameliorates the dislike I have for them (plus I admire how they manage to stay competitive despite all the financial challenges they face each season and that they never tank to rebuild).

But I have all the respect in the world for most Reds fans and what they endure.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

We try and be a cool fan base. We are pretty loyal.

On the other hand I get annoyed at Reds fans who keep telling Cubs fans to stop living in the past about their World Series Win, Or to Dodgers fans to quit bitching about the Trastros because it is also in the past. But then our fan base never shuts up about The Big Red Machine. I mean I love that team but damn move on. Or the Wire to Wire 1990 team.

Extraordinary Member

Last night's Angels/Rangers game had Shohei hitting two dingers including a GS IIRC, but the big thing was Maddon intentionally walking Cory Seager of the Rangers, (yeah, that sounds wrong to me), with the bases loaded. That has happened three time in MLB before again IIRC, with Maddon run teams accounting for two. Neither particularly were huge home run threats, but Seager at least might have driven in runs in the situation. The other, non-Maddon one was for Bonds in '98.

Maddon's play worked, though, and the Angels held on to win, but it shows what sort of person he is, cautious and not aggressive in game on the line situations. Can't say if I approve in that situation or not, but it is interesting.

C'mon Phillies, lets get it going!

Bats have got to wake up here...

Ultimate Member

The bit with Matheny was during a brawl between the teams and not in regular gameplay...