Page 40 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Maybe so, but, it’s incumbent on Tatis to know what’s being put in his body, and his doctor to know what can and cannot be prescribed. Ignorance in this instance is not an excuse.
    Yeah, as far as penalties go, but I'm talking about how fans feel about him. Sadly, it seems he must have intended to do exactly what he did. Basically, I respect him less for it. Plus, it leaves his team without his services....not very cricket if you ask me.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Phillies had been on an offensive roll going into their weekend series against the Mets, but that train came to an abrupt halt after they managed all of two runs in three games, including back to back shutouts Saturday and Sunday. Sure, the Phils missed reigning MVP Bryce Harper and current NL home run leader Kyle Schwarber, still, that series was frustrating to have watched, but, instructional as it showed the Mets are a serious threat to unseat the Dodgers as defending world champions because of their stellar pitching. As a lifelong Phillies fan who HATES the rival Mets, that hurt to admit, but I can't deny the truth as I see it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

How bad have the Yankees become? They went from 56-21 at the end of June to 16-22 in July and August. That is more losses in less than half the games. Playing .500 ball would be a turn around.

Meanwhile a healthy DeGrom and Sherzer, will give the Dodgers a run for their money in the NL.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

My Reds are playing the Phillies the next 3 games. I am looking forward to the series.

And I am either going to engage in so mcuh smack talk because we won that I will seem like a petty winner. or so much smack talk because we lost that I will seem like a sore loser. it will be fun to see how it goes
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Just remember to start practicing calling them the Vegas A's...

Though even I have to respect owners with the stones to directly copy the plot of Major League's evil owner to get their move.
    Yah, thats when I stop being a fan. But for now I can still ... follow them? Hard to cheer. Oakland has a very real sports issue, as compared with their glory days. One of many big problems with that city.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My Reds are playing the Phillies the next 3 games. I am looking forward to the series.

And I am either going to engage in so mcuh smack talk because we won that I will seem like a petty winner. or so much smack talk because we lost that I will seem like a sore loser. it will be fun to see how it goes
    Ahh, yes! This should be most interesting. Thor takes the hill for the Phightins tonight, he isn’t the force he was with the Mets, but he’s kept the Phils in his first two starts since arriving from Anaheim, both wins. And I hope the team will be in a foul mood after having been pantsed in Flushing over the weekend and ready to take out their frustrations on Cincy.

Ahh, yes! This should be most interesting. Thor takes the hill for the Phightins tonight, he isn’t the force he was with the Mets, but he’s kept the Phils in his first two starts since arriving from Anaheim, both wins. And I hope the team will be in a foul mood after having been pantsed in Flushing over the weekend and ready to take out their frustrations on Cincy.
    We have our 10 Mil 1-9 over 6 ERA Ace on the mound.

You all should be able to tee off on him. And beat a team with a roster that is a Whos who of "Who the Hell is that Guy?"
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Dodger lost Buelher for the season at least, elbow surgery.

The Texas Rangers have fired manager Chris Woodward. Article Link
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

My Reds are winning 2-0 going into the 3rd. But WPP dont worry. Minor always gets bad going into the 3rd.

My Reds are winning 2-0 going into the 3rd. But WPP dont worry. Minor always gets bad going into the 3rd.
    I’ve noticed the early hole my squad fell into. Still, the night is young, so I have high hopes.

On a side note. it is 100 percent cool to see Casty keeping his ties going with the DragonFly Foundation. he and his son did a lot of work with them while he was here. His son is in the DragonFly suite for tonights game and I know Nick Has/was going to visit some of the kids on this trip.

I miss him. he was a great player but an even better person. I really hope he does well in his stint with the Phillies. You guys are lucky to have him.

I’ve noticed the early hole my squad fell into. Still, the night is young, so I have high hopes.
    I wouldnt Worry. Minor has a 9+ ERA for innings 3.

Edit. he is not 9+ERA in the 3-9 He is 9+ era in inning 3 alone.

WPP you guys may pull this off.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-15-2022 at 04:37 PM.

If it wasnt for Thor sporting the Side Pony I would be done with the game by now.

If it wasnt for Thor sporting the Side Pony I would be done with the game by now.
    Aww, you know you want one!