Page 43 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Damn, I didn't know that. I hope he keeps that color guy thing in mind; I'd hate to see him just leave baseball entirely when he can talk like that.

Meanwhile, here's a story you must have seen. It hits home for me since as a kid of that age I always loved bunkbeds, and my mom always hated them, for this very reason. So, sorry Mom, you were right. Kudos to Mookie Betts though, who continues to prove how nice he is.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/little-...212051532.html
    Mookie was a my favorite player while he was with the Sox, not just because he was a great player, but because he was a tremendous human being who gave a lot back to the community. This video, and the video I saw the other night on Twitter of him agreeing ot play catch with a kid who had brought a sign asking for a catch with him in lieu of his regular warm up tosses before the inning started only serve to remind of just how good Mookie is for the game and the community.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    If Votto has been trying to play with a torn rotator cuff, it might explain why he has been scuffling so bad. I had a partially torn one in my 20s and I couldn't even lift my arm higher than my waist. Rotator cuff injuries are no joke.

-M
    My g/f's aunt had that injury a few years ago. I told her that when baseball players get that injury, it usually takes about a year to fully recover.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Braves beat deGrom and take a 3-1 series win against the Mets, notable its the first NL East team thats won a series against them this season

edit: Also I haven't really been paying attention to the AL standings but man the Yankees are full on imploding, the Braves are actually within half a game of their record and their lead has shrunk to single digits over the Jays and Rays, that's a stunning turn since the all star break when they looked like they might challenge the regular season win record
    Last edited by Hiromi; 08-19-2022 at 01:09 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Braves beat deGrom and take a 3-1 series win against the Mets, notable its the first NL East team thats won a series against them this season

edit: Also I haven't really been paying attention to the AL standings but man the Yankees are full on imploding, the Braves are actually within half a game of their record and their lead has shrunk to single digits over the Jays and Rays, that's a stunning turn since the all star break when they looked like they might challenge the regular season win record
    Despite their skid (people have joked that it was caused by the trade of Joey Gallo to the Dodgers), the Yankees are nine games up as of this morning, and I don't think there's any danger of Tampa or Toronto overtaking them. However, if that were to happen, Aaron Boone wouldn't be long for the Yanks' dugout.

Meanwhile, the Mets will be here in Philly for a four game weekend series. While we've lucked out in avoiding deGrom, I'm guessing we'll see Scherzer which is hardly a consolation prize.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Despite their skid (people have joked that it was caused by the trade of Joey Gallo to the Dodgers), the Yankees are nine games up as of this morning, and I don't think there's any danger of Tampa or Toronto overtaking them. However, if that were to happen, Aaron Boone wouldn't be long for the Yanks' dugout.

Meanwhile, the Mets will be here in Philly for a four game weekend series. While we've lucked out in avoiding deGrom, I'm guessing we'll see Scherzer which is hardly a consolation prize.
    The Mets' announcers were speculating about sitting Alonso for a bit, but NOT against you guys. Good news for the Phillies on that front is he's slumping, so maybe you caught him and the Mets at a good time?

The Mets' announcers were speculating about sitting Alonso for a bit, but NOT against you guys. Good news for the Phillies on that front is he's slumping, so maybe you caught him and the Mets at a good time?
    I worry more about facing the Mets’ pitching, not their hitting. Outside of last Sunday’s 6-0 drubbing, we held the Mets to just three runs in the first two games.

Extraordinary Member

If I were the Braves, I'd dump Ozuna ASAP. Once was bad enough, considering what he did, twice indicates a pattern of behavior to me. This time it was a DUI in Georgia. You don't want to wait for the inevitable, IMO.

If I were the Braves, I'd dump Ozuna ASAP. Once was bad enough, considering what he did, twice indicates a pattern of behavior to me. This time it was a DUI in Georgia. You don't want to wait for the inevitable, IMO.
    I agree. The Braves should send Ozuna packing. It’s not like they really need him, not with that literal assembly line of youngsters Atlanta has down in the minors.

At this point Ozuna is just not worth the trouble and the distraction he brings in. Atlanta has some good players in the farm system. They will be fine in the long run if they decide to ditch him/
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

They're not even really playing him right now, they have better options for both DH and Left Field and once Albies comes back he'll be even further down the bench

About Pujols, I wonder if he comes back next year for one more, it'd be really hard to retire only a few homers away from 700
    Last edited by Hiromi; 08-19-2022 at 09:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

They're not even really playing him right now, they have better options for both DH and Left Field and once Albies comes back he'll be even further down the bench

About Pujols, I wonder if he comes back next year for one more, it'd be really hard to retire only a few homers away from 700
    Yeah, for some reason I really want him to hit the next record on his list.

I love that when Ozuna was pulled over he told the cop he was Ozuna for the Braves and gave him his MLB ID also.

If that doesnt scream "Do you know who I am?" What does.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

That’s make me want to give him a ticket even more for wasting the Braves money by stinking

That’s make me want to give him a ticket even more for wasting the Braves money by stinking
    20 Bucks says if the cop was a Mets fan he would have lelt him go lol.

Meanwhile my Reds almost pulled an Angels with a Run down. Only reason they got the out is the guy tripped on his way home that let The Reds get the tag at home. But to be honest it should have been over turned but was not challenged by the Pirates. Lucky.