Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    C'mon Phillies, lets get it going!

Bats have got to wake up here...
    Agreed. In the first two games (both wins), the Phils rung up 13 runs, in their last six (five losses), they only scored 16. I know pitchers usually have the edge in the early part of the season, but this is ridiculous.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Okay, that Red pitcher Hunter Greene looks seriously impressive. Most 100 MPH pitches in a game, and highest average pitch speed, 100.2 MPH. Still lost, but it was to the Dodgers. Hopefully Greene's future is as bright as it seems. From his line for the game, he obviously still needs work, I'm guessing on placement, but he's close.

I'm firmly convinced there are not two, but THREE constants in life: life, death....and my Phillies constantly getting punked by the Marlins. Yesterday's four game set with Miami ended with a embarrassing 11-3 pounding and losing three of four to the Fish. With the exception of that 10 run outburst on Saturday, the Phightins managed all of seven runs in the three losses, and, on top of that, Zach Wheeler looked shaky as hell yesterday, giving up seven runs in just four innings. Not good, not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Okay, that Red pitcher Hunter Greene looks seriously impressive. Most 100 MPH pitches in a game, and highest average pitch speed, 100.2 MPH. Still lost, but it was to the Dodgers. Hopefully Greene's future is as bright as it seems. From his line for the game, he obviously still needs work, I'm guessing on placement, but he's close.
    His has some great pitches. He did better in his second start. His first start he fell apart in the 5th.

He is a great talent and we are happy to have him. He is the only reason anyone is watching right now.

Man the Dodgers are such a sick team. I know our pitching sucks but those guys are monsters at the bat.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    His has some great pitches. He did better in his second start. His first start he fell apart in the 5th.

He is a great talent and we are happy to have him. He is the only reason anyone is watching right now.

Man the Dodgers are such a sick team. I know our pitching sucks but those guys are monsters at the bat.
    Yep. And Freeman looks like he's working out. Shame Bauer is still hanging around there, lurking in the background like a horror movie monster. You'd think he'd take the hint.

Former NL Cy Young winner Jake Arrieta, who won a World Series with the Chicago Cubs, has announced his retirement.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm firmly convinced there are not two, but THREE constants in life: life, death....and my Phillies constantly getting punked by the Marlins. Yesterday's four game set with Miami ended with a embarrassing 11-3 pounding and losing three of four to the Fish. With the exception of that 10 run outburst on Saturday, the Phightins managed all of seven runs in the three losses, and, on top of that, Zach Wheeler looked shaky as hell yesterday, giving up seven runs in just four innings. Not good, not good at all.
    For sure. I literally can Not stand the Marlins. They are not a good team and haven't been. But they own the Phillies. Especially there.

Meanwhile the Phillies drop another last night. Scoring only 1 run. Only 10 games in but I'm getting really frustrated already.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    For sure. I literally can Not stand the Marlins. They are not a good team and haven't been. But they own the Phillies. Especially there.

Meanwhile the Phillies drop another last night. Scoring only 1 run. Only 10 games in but I'm getting really frustrated already.
    Same here. With the additions of Schwarber and Castellanos to a lineup with Harper, Realmuto and Hoskins, this team was touted as being a modern day murderer’s row, but those bats have been more silent than a convention of mimes. I keep telling myself that it’s early and that the offense will warm up to the occasion, but, at present, I just don’t know.

watching Kenly Jansen notch a save in Dodger Stadium by getting a fly out from Freddie Freeman while both wore their new teams jerseys was... weird

Extraordinary Member

My question here is how to score this... Obviously it was a hit... And now we all know how to make baseball more popular.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...amon-rcna25312

Don't feel bad for this guy; while he was kicked off the baseball team, the school's football coach offered him a scholarship at linebacker.

In other news, the Nationals' events coordinator is going to coordinate the pregame acts for this year's All-Star Game. He's going to get some people to parachute into the game, I hear...
    Last edited by achilles; 04-21-2022 at 07:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Heh, the pitcher in that thing WAS a high school linebacker.

My question here is how to score this... Obviously it was a hit... And now we all know how to make baseball more popular.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...amon-rcna25312

Don't feel bad for this guy; while he was kicked off the baseball team, the school's football coach offered him a scholarship at linebacker.

In other news, the Nationals' events coordinator is going to coordinate the pregame acts for this year's All-Star Game. He's going to get some people to parachute into the game, I hear...
    They were just talking about this on the WIP, our local radio sports station.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if Tommy Pham has taken a good look at Voit? I mean, Pham may have a point, and he's an edgy guy, but slashing at that guy seems to be a wrong move, nearly as wrong as going to the local gentleman's club for the chicken wings. Still, I'd watch that MMA match.

I wonder if Tommy Pham has taken a good look at Voit? I mean, Pham may have a point, and he's an edgy guy, but slashing at that guy seems to be a wrong move, nearly as wrong as going to the local gentleman's club for the chicken wings. Still, I'd watch that MMA match.
    Pham is a lot of talk. This is the guy who put out a tweet a couple weeks ago that he was using his reason with the Reds to pad his numbers. Then of course went 1-26 in his first several games.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Pham is a lot of talk. This is the guy who put out a tweet a couple weeks ago that he was using his reason with the Reds to pad his numbers. Then of course went 1-26 in his first several games.
    So he is using the season to pad his numbers then.