Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Last night, my Phillies faced Miami's stud starter Sandy Alcantara for seemingly the tenth time this season and nipped him and the Fish 2-1 behind a seventh inning two run homer by utility player Nick Maton. With the win, their fourth straight, the Phils maintain a 1 1/2 game lead over San Diego for the second NL Wild Card spot and Milwaukee by 3 1/2 games. Oh, yeah, big props to lefty Bailey Falter who didn't falter, throwing six solid innings, giving up just one run on four hits while fanning four.
    Watched it, it was a great game. Nice win.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Great win as far as I'm concerned. And how about Bailey Falter, the kid just keeps doing very good for the Phillies. Keep it up kid!
    Falter certainly has been impressive of late, moreso than Suarez or Syndegaard, something I never saw coming several months ago when he was nothing more than a spot starter or the first link in a bullpen game. He’s shaping up to be a solid back of the rotation arm.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Former 4-time All-Star John Stearns, who played with the New York Mets, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

My Phillies took a 2-1 lead against the Braves into the bottom of the eighth in Atlanta last night, then....BOOM went the dynamite as the Braves plate six and won 7-2. With San Diego having won, we lead the second NL Wild Card by just 1 1/2 games while Milwaukee is only 1 1/2 behind the Fathers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Former 4-time All-Star John Stearns, who played with the New York Mets, has passed away.
    He was there at their old timers' game a few weeks back, looked like he was dying then. I'm surprised and impressed he could even stand up. RIP to him.

Meanwhile. Pujols hit is 698th with 17 games left for them. Can he make it? I hope so.

The Dodgers are on their 99th win.

My Phillies took a 2-1 lead against the Braves into the bottom of the eighth in Atlanta last night, then....BOOM went the dynamite as the Braves plate six and won 7-2. With San Diego having won, we lead the second NL Wild Card by just 1 1/2 games while Milwaukee is only 1 1/2 behind the Fathers.
    What an ugly inning that 8th inning was. Thought we had the game, and as you said, Boom.

Getting a little worried to be honest about making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    What an ugly inning that 8th inning was. Thought we had the game, and as you said, Boom.

Getting a little worried to be honest about making the playoffs.
    Ranger Suarez deserved a better fate because he pitched a great game. Of course, a little more offense would’ve helped since both runs came off the long ball, other than that, nothing. Seranthony flat out didn’t have it in the eighth and should’ve been pulled sooner than he had.

As for our chances, I’m still confident, after three games next weekend with the Braves, we have seven against the Cubs (3) and the gNats (4), we should make hay against them.

Extraordinary Member

Congrats to the Dodgers for their 100 beat down...er...win. And congrats to Hunter Pence, who did a nice job at color, and got himself inducted into the Giants' HOF, with a plaque on the outside of their stadium.

Spencer Strider just broke another record getting to to 200 strikeouts faster than anyone ever has, previously held by Randy Johnson. Also it seems like the Phillies get swept in Atlanta in September every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Spencer Strider just broke another record getting to to 200 strikeouts faster than anyone ever has, previously held by Randy Johnson. Also it seems like the Phillies get swept in Atlanta in September every year.
    And we have another series with Atlanta here in Philly this coming weekend. I’m trying to stay positive, but I worry that the Phillies have commenced yet another September collapse.

Aaron Judge hit #58 and 59 today. He's now only two behind Roger Maris and now holds the single season record for a right handed hitter for the Yankees. If he doesn't get the MVP, it has to be an anti-NY bias.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Aaron Judge hit #58 and 59 today. He's now only two behind Roger Maris and now holds the single season record for a right handed hitter for the Yankees. If he doesn't get the MVP, it has to be an anti-NY bias.
    Oh yeah, I agree. Shohei would be second, but there's no contest at this point.

My Phillies had a miserable weekend in Atlanta, managing all of seven runs while getting swept by the Braves. As of this morning, the Phils, on a four game skid are now in the third NL Wild Card slot, half a game behind San Diego, and two games ahead of Milwaukee who's on the outside looking in.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Oh yeah, I agree. Shohei would be second, but there's no contest at this point.
    Actually, Judge is only four points in average behind the league leader, who is dropping. If he can just close that gap, he's a Triple Crown hitter. So boy does he have MVP in the bag.

Extraordinary Member

My Phillies had a miserable weekend in Atlanta, managing all of seven runs while getting swept by the Braves. As of this morning, the Phils, on a four game skid are now in the third NL Wild Card slot, half a game behind San Diego, and two games ahead of Milwaukee who's on the outside looking in.
    Well, your guys know what to do in the offseason: Get Shohei! Judge too if they can. Couldn't hurt...