Page 6 of 90 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So he is using the season to pad his numbers then.
    That is what he said. But I can for the life of me see what numbers he is padding right now. I mean a .158 BA is not a number padding stat.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I dont mind a player being all about their stats and wanting to put up big numbers. But it makes them look like a huge ass to say that is all they are about and then not get a hit in their first 8 games.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Miggy Cabrera officially adds the 3000 hit milestone to go alongside his 500 home runs becoming the 7th player in MLB history to have both
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-23-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Going into the bottom of the 8th in the Red Sox Rays game today, the teams have combined for 1 hit.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Sometimes I watch a game, and try to come up with what I think is a player's team nickname. For example, Walker Buehler or however you spell that, is likely "Ferris". Rouhned Odor or however you spell his name is likely "Stinky", Freddie Freeman is likely some version of "Captain Marvel Jr.". Any others you guys can come up with?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Going into the bottom of the 8th in the Red Sox Rays game today, the teams have combined for 1 hit.

-M
    How'd that turn out?

3-2 in extra innings. The Rays no hit the Sox through 9, Sox got their first hit and scored 2 in the 10th. Sox shut out the Rays for 9, Rays ended up scoring 3 in the bottom of the tenth (in large part due to a fielding error by the Sox that gave the Rays an extra at bat which wound up being a 2 run homer). But I think it went 9 with only the one hit combined.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 04-26-2022 at 12:03 PM.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

3-2 in extra innings. The Rays no hit the Sox through 9, Sox got their first hit and scored 2 in the 10th. Sox shut out the Rays for 9, Rays ended up scoring 3 in the bottom of the ninth (in large part due to a fielding error by the Sox that gave the Rays an extra at bat which wound up being a 2 run homer). But I think it went 9 with only the one hit combined.

-M
    Sounds like an interesting game.

MLB has suspended Trevor Bauer for 2 seasons, the rest of 2022, all of 2023 and part of 2024.

-M

MLB has suspended Trevor Bauer for 2 seasons, the rest of 2022, all of 2023 and part of 2024.

-M
    Shame he doesnt play in the NFL. he would have gotten 230 Mil.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Shame he doesnt play in the NFL. he would have gotten 230 Mil.
    Hahahaha! Thankfully, I wasn't drinking anything when I read that!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Eight innings in, and my Phillies are being no hit by the Mets after pummeling Colorado just yesterday. Swell.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Eight innings in, and my Phillies are being no hit by the Mets after pummeling Colorado just yesterday. Swell.
    Yeah it wasn't pretty last night for the Phillies or fans. Just couldn't do anything at all. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Yeah it wasn't pretty last night for the Phillies or fans. Just couldn't do anything at all. Literally.
    And none of those pitchers were named Jacob deGrom or Max Scherzer. The Phils had been punked by a bunch of nobodies after pummeling Colorado for four games. Damned frustrating.

Good news: the Phils scored four runs off Max Scherzer last night
    Bad news: our pitching went south in a 10-6 loss to the Mets