Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Reds Joey Votto hinted this is his last season. He linked to an article about his slow start and slump that asked "is this the end for Joey Votto" and responded-five months to go, enjoy the show. He offered no further explanation but there are five months to go in the season and the Reds have little hope of post season play this year, so speculation has commenced that he will hang it up after this season, especially if he continues to struggle.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Reds Joey Votto hinted this is his last season. He linked to an article about his slow start and slump that asked "is this the end for Joey Votto" and responded-five months to go, enjoy the show. He offered no further explanation but there are five months to go in the season and the Reds have little hope of post season play this year, so speculation has commenced that he will hang it up after this season, especially if he continues to struggle.

-M
    There is talk that he is going to hang it up in the next week. He was put on the covid list today. And he talked to a local sports guy on the phone. And in the call he thanked the Reds fans for everything and thanked the city and talked about how much he loved, I say again Loved it here and he will never forget it.

I know he is upset at the offseason moves, the comments by the Reds president on Opening Day and he is upset at his very slow start and struggles.

We in Cincy are used to to his slow starts. But this year has been pretty bad. So the rumor his his statements today are his saying So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Well, it looks like Alec Bohm is gunning for a Gold Glove, obviously. Poor Phillies! It isn't too early for that, is it?

I understand why Bryce has been slotted in to the DH role until he recovers fully, but my god, I don't think I've ever seen a more incompetent fielder than Alec Bohm.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, it looks like Alec Bohm is gunning for a Gold Glove, obviously. Poor Phillies! It isn't too early for that, is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I understand why Bryce has been slotted in to the DH role until he recovers fully, but my god, I don't think I've ever seen a more incompetent fielder than Alec Bohm.
    The Phils are in a bind because they need to keep Bohm’s bat in the lineup (I think he’s the team leader in RBI), but his poor glove work makes him a major liability in the field. It’s damn frustrating, because when he was called up two years ago as a third baseman, he was fairly good, since then, he’s regressed big time, and I can’t understand why. If the DH wasn’t in the National League, I don’t know what the team would do with him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

There's a nice viral story going round about a Yankees game the other day. A young fan's hero, Aaron Judge did what he does best and hit a home run to the fan's area, but the kid couldn't catch it---rather an adult nearby did. Then the adult gave the ball to the now crying with happiness young fan. Nice moment, but honestly, I don't know why it went viral; that sort of thing happens in many games throughout the year. I like to think that MLB fans are by and large nice like that guy, and willing to do that for the kids in attendance.

I am a sad Red Sox fan right now and it looks to be that way for the foreseeable future.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    There's a nice viral story going round about a Yankees game the other day. A young fan's hero, Aaron Judge did what he does best and hit a home run to the fan's area, but the kid couldn't catch it---rather an adult nearby did. Then the adult gave the ball to the now crying with happiness young fan. Nice moment, but honestly, I don't know why it went viral; that sort of thing happens in many games throughout the year. I like to think that MLB fans are by and large nice like that guy, and willing to do that for the kids in attendance.
    These things could go viral every time and I would never get tired of it. What made it stand out for me was: the kid's sobbing, joyful hug; it was in Toronto with a Toronto fan giving an opposing team HR to a NYY fan instead of throwing it back; and the coincidence of a Judge homer and a kid in a Judge shirt. It also made a nice counter to the other viral MLB moment - the sad fan scuffle at the Cubs game.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a more incompetent fielder than Alec Bohm.
    I don't think I have either. Honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Phils are in a bind because they need to keep Bohm’s bat in the lineup (I think he’s the team leader in RBI), but his poor glove work makes him a major liability in the field. It’s damn frustrating, because when he was called up two years ago as a third baseman, he was fairly good, since then, he’s regressed big time, and I can’t understand why. If the DH wasn’t in the National League, I don’t know what the team would do with him.
    Yes he has absolutely regressed as a fielder. It's got to be in his head. I don't know.

Bohm is such a good natural hitter. Phils really are in a bind, and not sure what they can do about it right now. I guess I'd keep playing with him in the lineup.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    These things could go viral every time and I would never get tired of it. What made it stand out for me was: the kid's sobbing, joyful hug; it was in Toronto with a Toronto fan giving an opposing team HR to a NYY fan instead of throwing it back; and the coincidence of a Judge homer and a kid in a Judge shirt. It also made a nice counter to the other viral MLB moment - the sad fan scuffle at the Cubs game.
    What Judge said upon hearing all of this was to my mind one of the big things about MLB or indeed other pro sports like the NFL, but especially baseball. He captured it for me, baseball is that thing where you love your teams and players, and you have your heroes, (especially if you're a kid), but above all, you love the sport. In this case, a Jays fan being a fine human being and giving the Yankees fan kid his ball. It didn't matter that they liked different teams, just that a kid could be made happy, and the sport respected.

Bohm is leading off for the Phillies tonight.

Extraordinary Member

That Yankees/Jays game got even more interesting. The Yankees have invited both families from that game, the kid's family, and that of the guy who gave him the ball----to a game, 9 people from each side. To sit in the Judge seats around right. Meanwhile, the kid got to meet his hero, and Glyber Torres, who spoke to him in Spanish, (the kid is Venezuelan and was named after Derek Jeter, (his first name)).

Man I am not even mad any more. My Reds being blown out again 3- 13 vs the Brewers. It is March 4th and we have 3 wins. I am watching now because I really want them to beat the 62 Mets in terms of suck.

I see you all on here moaning about your teams. Turn on a Reds game for two innings and you will think your guys are ready to win the Series.

12 losses ina row. 19 losses out of 20 games LOL Epic beyond the pale. If yo are going to be Bad. Be the best at being bad!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Man I am not even mad any more. My Reds being blown out again 3- 13 vs the Brewers. It is March 4th and we have 3 wins. I am watching now because I really want them to beat the 62 Mets in terms of suck.

I see you all on here moaning about your teams. Turn on a Reds game for two innings and you will think your guys are ready to win the Series.

12 losses ina row. 19 losses out of 20 games LOL Epic beyond the pale. If yo are going to be Bad. Be the best at being bad!
    It's good to have goals. They don't have to be good goals, just goals...