Page 78 of 90 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1339

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Regarding what happened to the Phillies last night....big freaking deal. It doesn't matter if they were no-hit, or were on the wrong end of a 15-14 slobberknocker (game four, 1993 World Series), at the end of the day, it was nothing more than just a loss. I'm sure the players have already flushed that turd down the toilet and are ready to get back at the Astros tonight. The Series is now best of three and up for grabs for either team.
    Very true. It really is a best of 3 series now.

Let's go Phillies!

Phillies fans have to hope Christian Vazquez is not catching for the Astros...

Christian Vázquez has caught 28 innings this postseason for the Astros. Opponents have scored 1 run.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Anybody check on WPP?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I thought we'd pull it out there at the end. Damn

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Anybody check on WPP?
    Not to worry, I'm good, though feeling down. Good thing I have today off, because I damn sure don't feel like working after last night. While it ain't over until the fat lady sings, even I have to admit I can her warming up backstage.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not to worry, I'm good, though feeling down. Good thing I have today off, because I damn sure don't feel like working after last night. While it ain't over until the fat lady sings, even I have to admit I can her warming up backstage.
    I feeling down as well today. Not in the greatest of moods for sure.

All I can say is lets go Phillies, just win us 2 more games.

Hopefully Wheeler has a great game and not show signs of fatigue.

Tonight could well be the Phillies' last stand, however, I take comfort in a recent historical precedent that gives them at least a puncher's chance. Just three years ago, the Astros took a three 3-2 lead against the Nationals back home to Houston....and lost games six and seven. Could lightning strike twice this year? Probably not, but, I'm clinging to that tissue paper thin piece of hope with all I've got. In any event, it ain't over until the Astros win that fourth game!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-05-2022 at 02:16 AM.

Welp that's that, Houston takes it in 6. Hot Stove league starts now as some players need to make opt out decisions in the next 48 hours.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Happy for Dusty Baker

Extraordinary Member

Can't bring myself to congratulate the Astros. Sorry, just can't. Good run for the Phillies, but like the Dodgers, they weren't able to close the deal.

The best team won, plain and simple and undeniable. The turning point in the Fall Classic in my opinion was the game four relay team no-hitter, after the Phils pounded Lance McCullers in that 7-0 pounding in game three, Christian Javier and three relievers quickly restored order for Houston, and, ultimately, control of the Series which they never relinquished as Philly only managed three runs in the two games after that. Congrats to Dusty Baker who's a good man and earned his ring.

As for my Phillies, I couldn't be prouder of them for getting as far as they had, especially when you consider they were 22-29 in early June and spinning their wheels in quicksand. Hopefully, the front office when do all it can to bolster the roster, plug up problem areas (rotation, centerfield. maybe first base) and become a contender in the years to come.

Addendum: Before game six, the Union (Major League Soccer) lost the championship game to LAFC on (expletive deleted) penalty kicks. All in all, a miserable night for Philadelphia sports.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-06-2022 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Happy for Dusty Baker
    I second this emotion. Loved him as a player and glad to see him finally get a ring as a manager.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Phillies had a great run. There is no shame for them. Astros just played better over all. And while I hate that the Astros won I am happy Dusty got his ring at long last. All in all it was a good series and both teams played well.

I am looking forward to seeing what the Phillies do next year.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

NL Manager of the Year candidates were announced today, predictably, the candidates were the guys who won 100 plus games: Dave Roberts (Dodgers), Buck Showalter (Mets) and Brian Snitker (Braves). Having Showalter on the list, despite choking away NL East is thoroughly pathetic, meanwhile, Roberts was expected to have the best record in baseball with that roster he had, so, I hope Snitker wins after Atlanta chased down and overtook the Mutts.

Am I salty because Rob Thomson got no consideration for the job he did with the Phillies? Damn right I am, but, I get it because he took over in midseason and I think that disqualified him.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-08-2022 at 02:11 AM.

Well, I'm finally over my Phillies loss in the WS.

It took me a couple days, but now I can look back and be happy my team went as far as it did. Gave me such enjoyment and good memories. I just wanted all year for them to just make the playoffs. They did that and then some. Can't wait for the off-season and next year.