Page 79 of 90 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1339

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Am I salty because Rob Thomson got no consideration for the job he did with the Phillies? Damn right I am, but, I get it because he took over in midseason and I think that disqualified him.
    I feel the same exact way WPP. I don't see how it's possible he's not one of the candidates. The team totally turned around their season after he took over.

This years WS was the second worst ratings WS ever. The only WS fewer people watched was the 2020 season after the pandemic season. It's November, there's too much competition from other sports leagues that people want to watch, so the only people watching the WS are fans of the 2 teams involved and hardcore baseball fans. Casual sports fans are watching other things. Baseball needs a shorter season so the WS is once again the October classic, and early October at that.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Congrats to Dusty Baker, he's the one bright spot for me in the WS story this year. But man, baseball has got to be done in October, because I really found it hard to care about the WS with all the other sports going on simultaneously.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    This years WS was the second worst ratings WS ever. The only WS fewer people watched was the 2020 season after the pandemic season. It's November, there's too much competition from other sports leagues that people want to watch, so the only people watching the WS are fans of the 2 teams involved and hardcore baseball fans. Casual sports fans are watching other things. Baseball needs a shorter season so the WS is once again the October classic, and early October at that.

-M
    Short of reducing the schedule from 162 games to, say, 150 (something the owners would never agree to), the best way to shorten the season would be to add doubleheaders to the slate, 10 at the very least. Twinbills, and I don’t mean the day/night variety used to be a commonplace in baseball as daytime World Series games, but, that went away a long time ago, perhaps it’s time to bring that tradition back as it would shorten the season while maintaining a full seasonal slate of games.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Short of reducing the schedule from 162 games to, say, 150 (something the owners would never agree to), the best way to shorten the season would be to add doubleheaders to the slate, 10 at the very least. Twinbills, and I don’t mean the day/night variety used to be a commonplace in baseball as daytime World Series games, but, that went away a long time ago, perhaps it’s time to bring that tradition back as it would shorten the season while maintaining a full seasonal slate of games.
    They need to do something or they are going to find their crown jewel, the world series, completely irrelevant, and if it can't bring in ratings, those big TV contracts the owners live will soon dry up as well.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Reducing teams would help, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Reducing teams would help, too.
    C'mon, you know the players will NEVER go for that.

Edwin Diaz's new deal won't be paid off until 2042, so yep we have our successor to Bobby Bonilla day already set up

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Edwin Diaz's new deal won't be paid off until 2042, so yep we have our successor to Bobby Bonilla day already set up
    Given how closers can lose it out of the clear blue and go from firemen to firestarters, Diaz will most likely be done inside of five years. I’d call that a bad contract.

Especially since Diaz is literally a good year removed from the nickname Edlose Diaz

Former MLB star Chuck Carr, one of the original Florida Marlins players, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

I say again, if the Dodgers don't resign Justin Turner for that one final season, I will be seriously pissed. The guy is the heart and soul of the team and quite frankly could have won the Roberto Clemente award multiple times, he's that active in doing good in and around Los Angeles. And since they seem perfectly happy just winning the regular season and bowing out of the post season, why not?

Michael Harris II and Spencer Strider predictably finish first and second for NL ROTY honors, they accounted for every single first place vote and all but 1 second place vote

I’ve heard Terry Francona won AL Manager of the Year while Buck Showalter won the award in the NL. Okay, I can get behind Francona who went 92-70 for the AL Central winning Guardians, but Showalter coughed up a 10 1/2 game lead and lost NL East to the Braves. If I had a vote, it would’ve gone to Atlanta’s Brian Snitker who finished third behind L.A.’s Dave Roberts.

Yea I would not have given it to Showalter
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.