Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It's good to have goals. They don't have to be good goals, just goals...
    We just lost 18-4. No starting pitcher this season has gone past the 5th. The PA guy at the Brewers stadium told the fans there is no point in leaving early to beat the traffic because there is a 45 minute wait to get out of the parking lot.

Ok that last one wasnt real.

The Most beloved Sports guy in our city told fans not to get refunds on their season tickets. They should sell them to out of town fans to watch their players pad stats.

I have no goals for this team other then to watch and laugh.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Man I am not even mad any more. My Reds being blown out again 3- 13 vs the Brewers. It is March 4th and we have 3 wins. I am watching now because I really want them to beat the 62 Mets in terms of suck.

I see you all on here moaning about your teams. Turn on a Reds game for two innings and you will think your guys are ready to win the Series.

12 losses ina row. 19 losses out of 20 games LOL Epic beyond the pale. If yo are going to be Bad. Be the best at being bad!
    I think the '62 Mets are safe. There's enough bad teams in baseball to allow the Reds to avoid that dreadful record for futility.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think the '62 Mets are safe. There's enough bad teams in baseball to allow the Reds to avoid that dreadful record for futility.
    i have my doubts. Its not the fact that the Reds are losing. If you watch some Reds games you will see it is the fact that they never had a chance to win the games they lost. I mean just out played on every level, pitching, batting, fielding, coaching. Last night the final score was 18-4 and I am mad because those 4 from the Reds make it look closer then it was. In the 8th inning the Brewers had the bases loaded 4 different times!

Even in the games they lost by a few runs it wasnt even that close.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Meanwhile, there is the whole Mad Bum thing. Guy was ejected at the end of the first IIRC, but according to pretty much everyone who saw it, including evidently rival teams and fans and broadcasters all say the ump was intentionally baiting Mad Bum at the hand check bit, never even looking at the guy's glove or hands, just staring in a very unfriendly way at the pitcher. Don't know myself, didn't watch it, though I might give it a look. He was actually tossed apparently because of what he said to the ump, not anything on his hands. The checks between pitchers were quite different, supposedly.

Meanwhile, there is the whole Mad Bum thing. Guy was ejected at the end of the first IIRC, but according to pretty much everyone who saw it, including evidently rival teams and fans and broadcasters all say the ump was intentionally baiting Mad Bum at the hand check bit, never even looking at the guy's glove or hands, just staring in a very unfriendly way at the pitcher. Don't know myself, didn't watch it, though I might give it a look. He was actually tossed apparently because of what he said to the ump, not anything on his hands. The checks between pitchers were quite different, supposedly.
    Oh yea that ump bated him big time. it was very unprofessional. I hate that The Umps can do crap like this. it is not the first time an ump baited a player or manager to get a reaction so they can toss them. And they get away with it. Nothing is done. it pisses me off.

I think MLB will have a problem if they don't discipline that Ump for the way he antagonized Bum.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think MLB will have a problem if they don't discipline that Ump for the way he antagonized Bum.
    They never discipline them though. An Ump czn do and say what they want and they never get in trouble.

Was it expected that the Reds would be this bad? I mean, I know no one expects a team to be historically bad, but was there any indication that this would be a tank year? Weren't they kind of good last year?

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Was it expected that the Reds would be this bad? I mean, I know no one expects a team to be historically bad, but was there any indication that this would be a tank year? Weren't they kind of good last year?
    They were good. but rather then get the pieces they need they traded some of their best pitchers for Minor league prospects. Signed some cast offs and junk players for cheap, and let some FA walk. So we took a major step back. So we have pitchers that should still be in AAA getting rocked. Minor league players being called up because of Guys on the IL and no depth to back them up because we traded everyone away.

it is so laughable.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Oh yea that ump bated him big time. it was very unprofessional. I hate that The Umps can do crap like this. it is not the first time an ump baited a player or manager to get a reaction so they can toss them. And they get away with it. Nothing is done. it pisses me off.
    Aw, you make me miss Joe West. A few years back, we saw games in four different cities and coincidentally Country Joe was there every time. That dude loved to be the star of the show.

Jays finally beat the Yankees. First series they've lost this year. Jays are winning most of the one-run games but it's not helping my blood pressure any. When Yanks challenged the final out, I was stressed.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Aw, you make me miss Joe West. A few years back, we saw games in four different cities and coincidentally Country Joe was there every time. That dude loved to be the star of the show.

Jays finally beat the Yankees. First series they've lost this year. Jays are winning most of the one-run games but it's not helping my blood pressure any. When Yanks challenged the final out, I was stressed.
    Oh man we have a Joe West Fan Club here in Cincy

The Umps are just getting worse and worse each year. it is a shame that a non player has this much impact on the games. How would the game have been different if Bum had not been ejected on some BS just for the Ump to inflate his ego.

And that is what it is. Ego. the Umps dont get paid much. They get a lot of hate. So I am sure a few of them get a thrill throwing their weight around to big name stars making millions.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah, I watched that video. Beyond the whole hinky factor (I’ve seen married couples hold hands and stare in each other’s eyes less as long than that), there’s no doubt in my mind that ump was goading Bumgarner, and MadBum gave that asshat just what he wanted. That ump should be called on the carpet and disciplined for acting the fool, sadly, that won’t happen as the umpire’s union is just too powerful. God knows Joe West and Angel Hernandez have gotten away with **** for years and never got so much as a slap on the wrist.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Ohtani's line in his pitching debut at Fenway---7 innings, zero runs allows, no walks, 11 Ks, two hits, including a line drive single that knocked his number of the Green Monster scoreboard, with one RBI. Then there's Ward, who is...er, the best batter in MLB right now. He's got a absolutely silly OPS, a .375 average, and hits Judge style moonshots.

Ohtani's line in his pitching debut at Fenway---7 innings, zero runs allows, no walks, 11 Ks, two hits, including a line drive single that knocked his number of the Green Monster scoreboard, with one RBI. Then there's Ward, who is...er, the best batter in MLB right now. He's got a absolutely silly OPS, a .375 average, and hits Judge style moonshots.
    I though the most impressive stat with Ohtani's performance today was 99 pitches thrown, 81 for strikes. In seven innings of work, he threw only 18 balls.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Ohtani is a monster on the mound. Teams havnt figured him out yet. I havnt seen this much just pure talent in a long time.