Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1339

Showalter again?! Guy just wont go away.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Rizzo resigns with the Yanks on a 2 year $40 million/3 year $51 million deal. 2 years @ $17 million per, with a team option for a third year at $17 million or a $6 million buyout of that third year.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Yanks and the Mets might be in trouble over Judge. The Mets have apparently agreed not to bid on Judge unless the Yanks declare themselves out of the bidding. Investigation pending. Giants suddenly favorites?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yanks and the Mets might be in trouble over Judge. The Mets have apparently agreed not to bid on Judge unless the Yanks declare themselves out of the bidding. Investigation pending. Giants suddenly favorites?
    Speaking of Judge, he was named AL MVP.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Speaking of Judge, he was named AL MVP.
    And well done for him. And for the NL MVP Paul Goldschmidt.

Extraordinary Member

Cubbies are shopping for Bellinger, evidently. I don't know about that, depends on what deal they can make. I just think his shoulder might be irreparably damaged, which is why I wince every time I see them do that.

Here are the 2023 candidates for the MLB Hall of Fame:

FiGw26VWQBMrdHT.jpg

Nothing much to get excited about, really. Beyond Jimmy Rollins and maybe Scott Rolen, the rest aren't worthy of enshrinement in my opinion. And no, I wouldn't give A-Roid a vote if I were paid to do so. Opinions?

Don't expect Andruw Jones to get in this year but hope he continues to make good progress towards it, Scott Rolen is the only one I think has a significant chance of getting in off this ballot(63.2% last year), don't expect the roiders to make any significant progress. The big thing this year is the Era Committee's ballot as Bonds, Clemens, and Schillings will be on it for the first time, but I'm personally rooting for Fred Mcgriff and Dale Murphy

Judge meeting with the Giants?! Seriously...?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Judge meeting with the Giants?! Seriously...?
    Evidently. Wonder what they'll offer him.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Evidently. Wonder what they'll offer him.
    I heard that word out of Frisco said the Giants would not be outbid for any free agents. And, I think Judge is from California, so that might be an inducement.

Extraordinary Member

I heard that word out of Frisco said the Giants would not be outbid for any free agents. And, I think Judge is from California, so that might be an inducement.
    He's actually from the Bay area, and he's reportedly eager to get closer to home, so I think it might be. Sometimes you just want to go home.

Here are the 2023 candidates for the MLB Hall of Fame:

FiGw26VWQBMrdHT.jpg

Nothing much to get excited about, really. Beyond Jimmy Rollins and maybe Scott Rolen, the rest aren't worthy of enshrinement in my opinion. And no, I wouldn't give A-Roid a vote if I were paid to do so. Opinions?
    I think that's your Philly bias speaking there WPP, as neither of those guys stands out from the crowd of meh to me. They were both solid players, but that is a field of solid players and none of them stand out as exceptional except those that where chemically aided, so I don't see any real candidates among them.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I think that's your Philly bias speaking there WPP, as neither of those guys stands out from the crowd of meh to me. They were both solid players, but that is a field of solid players and none of them stand out as exceptional except those that where chemically aided, so I don't see any real candidates among them.

-M
    Rollins won NL MVP, a four time Gold Glover, a Silver Slugger and a World Champion, pretty decent stats for a Hall of Fame candidate.

Boy, did the Yankees blow that. That offered Judge 7 years and $200million. He wanted 10 years and $360M. So probably could have gotten a deal done for 9 years and $300-$320M. Now, we are talking up to $400M. They will lose their MVP best player and anger their fan base. Also lose any chance at a WS without Judge.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!