Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1339
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Boy, did the Yankees blow that. That offered Judge 7 years and $200million. He wanted 10 years and $360M. So probably could have gotten a deal done for 9 years and $300-$320M. Now, we are talking up to $400M. They will lose their MVP best player and anger their fan base. Also lose any chance at a WS without Judge.
    The Yankees’ chances of winning a World Series WITH Judge aren’t all that great either, not after Houston took them apart like a cheap toy on Christmas morning with their lockdown pitching last month, and the Astros aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. Now, if Judge wants to win instead of just cashing big checks, staying in the Bronx would accomplish that, getting lured to San Francisco wouldn’t as it looks like the Giants are on the downside while the Dodgers are still the cream of NL West and the Padres might well have passed the Giants.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Yankees’ chances of winning a World Series WITH Judge aren’t all that great either, not after Houston took them apart like a cheap toy on Christmas morning with their lockdown pitching last month, and the Astros aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. Now, if Judge wants to win instead of just cashing big checks, staying in the Bronx would accomplish that, getting lured to San Francisco wouldn’t as it looks like the Giants are on the downside while the Dodgers are still the cream of NL West and the Padres might well have passed the Giants.
    I really hate to say it, but if he wants that ring, he should go to the Astros; the Dodgers just aren't committed to winning the Series, only the regular season. And the Padres just aren't quite on that level yet.

Angels trade 3 minor league arms for Hunter Renfroe (2 righties and one lefty). They've added some power to their line up with Uershela and Renfroe, but I still don't think they've moved the needle on their ability to contend.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Angels trade 3 minor league arms for Hunter Renfroe (2 righties and one lefty). They've added some power to their line up with Uershela and Renfroe, but I still don't think they've moved the needle on their ability to contend.

-M
    Pitching, apart from Shohei, they don't have any. No pen.

Extraordinary Member

Anyway, it's a well known law of physics that any player traded to the Angels, no matter how good, will become terrible with the Angels, then get better once traded again.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I really hate to say it, but if he wants that ring, he should go to the Astros; the Dodgers just aren't committed to winning the Series, only the regular season. And the Padres just aren't quite on that level yet.
    Does Houston really need a big bopper like Judge? They won it all with lockdown pitching no team could touch in the postseason, god knows my Phillies saw that first hand as they barely hit above .100 after game three of the World Series.

Extraordinary Member

Does Houston really need a big bopper like Judge? They won it all with lockdown pitching no team could touch in the postseason, god knows my Phillies saw that first hand as they barely hit above .100 after game three of the World Series.
    Probably not, just saying that they're the favorites for him if a ring is what he wants.

Speaking of Judge, this is just me, but I thought he’d make a better first baseman with his height than an outfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Pitching, apart from Shohei, they don't have any. No pen.
    Well they did add Tyler Anderson who went 15-5 with a 2.57 ERA and 4.5 WAR last season for the Dodgers, so they have at least 1 more pitcher than Shohei.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Speaking of Judge, this is just me, but I thought he’d make a better first baseman with his height than an outfielder.
    If and when Judge's knees start to go, he could transition to first base, as many tall outfielders have done before.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member

Well they did add Tyler Anderson who went 15-5 with a 2.57 ERA and 4.5 WAR last season for the Dodgers, so they have at least 1 more pitcher than Shohei.

-M
    Oh yeah, forgot about him. Good add. But they need pen guys, they always lose when the starter leaves.

Bryce Harper had surgery on his elbow today and is expected to be out until around mid May.

Bryce Harper had surgery on his elbow today and is expected to be out until around mid May.
    Mid May actually wouldn't be bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Mid May actually wouldn't be bad at all.
    Not sure who is saying mid-May, this was the official statement from the Phillies-

Harper is expected to return as a hitter only by the All-Star break and could return to playing right field by the end of the regular season.
    So mid-May is way overly optimistic.

-M

Not sure who is saying mid-May, this was the official statement from the Phillies-

So mid-May is way overly optimistic.

-M
    Around the All-Star game is what I also heard this week. I was wishing and hoping they bumped up his return date.