Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1339

Seeing reports of Right-hander Noah Syndergaard to the Los Angeles Dodgers on a 1 year deal, looking ot bet on himself and get a better deal next offseason.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Wow how about them Red Sox huh?! Look great next year. No doubt going to spend a $1,000 for a night out at the ball park.

What a joke.

Anyways I am not surprised by the Correa contract as that is the market right now. It all depends on his health after 33 which might not look good.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Seeing reports of Right-hander Noah Syndergaard to the Los Angeles Dodgers on a 1 year deal, looking ot bet on himself and get a better deal next offseason.

-M
    Yeah, they overpayed for him IMO, north of $13 million IIRC. He's not yet regained his pre-TJ arm. Still, at least they did something, even if it wasn't what they needed.

I cant tell you how much I enjoy seeing all of these off season moves just to watch my Reds sit back and do nothing.

Oh they did get a guy in the rule 5 draft. Just to trade him to the Giants for cash 6 hours later for the exact same amount as they gave up to get him. So they got a guy and gave him up and got nothing. But hey they didnt lose any either so for The Reds that is a win.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The New York Yankees and free agent left-hander Carlos Rodon have agreed on a six-year, $162 million contract. Yanks rotation looks good again.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The New York Yankees and free agent left-hander Carlos Rodon have agreed on a six-year, $162 million contract. Yanks rotation looks good again.

-M
    This is just my uninformed opinion, but the Yankees got lucky in landing Rodon. If his original asking price hadn’t been so high (I heard it was in the $200 million range), causing teams to balk, he would’ve been snatched up before the Bombers landed him. It’s no surprise both New York teams, embarrassed in the postseason (Mets ambushed by San Diego in the Wild Card round, Yankees swept by Houston in the ALCS) opened up the vaults and went on their spending sprees. The Mets in particular have been crazy, what with an expected payroll of around $400 million. OUCH!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This is just my uninformed opinion, but the Yankees got lucky in landing Rodon. If his original asking price hadn’t been so high (I heard it was in the $200 million range), causing teams to balk, he would’ve been snatched up before the Bombers landed him. It’s no surprise both New York teams, embarrassed in the postseason (Mets ambushed by San Diego in the Wild Card round, Yankees swept by Houston in the ALCS) opened up the vaults and went on their spending sprees. The Mets in particular have been crazy, what with an expected payroll of around $400 million. OUCH!
    Rondon also had a qualifying offer so the Yanks will lose a pick signing him, a deterrent to some teams, but the Yanks aren't about developing their own players they just play the free agent market, so not as much a deterrent to them as to some other teams.

-M

Looks like the last of the big SS on the market is off the table now. Cubs and Darby Swanson finalizing a 7 year $177 million dollar deal with a full no trade clause.

-M

Extraordinary Member

Looks like the last of the big SS on the market is off the table now. Cubs and Darby Swanson finalizing a 7 year $177 million dollar deal with a full no trade clause.

-M
    With Benintendi and him, they've added a core that will make them lose less...maybe. Not enough to do much beyond that though. But hey, at least they bothered to get a couple of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    With Benintendi and him, they've added a core that will make them lose less...maybe. Not enough to do much beyond that though. But hey, at least they bothered to get a couple of guys.
    Didn't Benny go to the White Sox not the Cubs?

And Dodgers making another move, 1 year $10 million to JD Martinez to be their DH. Reunited JD with his private hitting coach and Mookie.

-M

Extraordinary Member

Didn't Benny go to the White Sox not the Cubs?

And Dodgers making another move, 1 year $10 million to JD Martinez to be their DH. Reunited JD with his private hitting coach and Mookie.

-M
    Naw, you're right. So Cubs really haven't done that much. Maybe some trades before the deadline, though who they've dangle as trade bait I don't know. But they seem set for more futility next season.

Dodgers got JD? Interesting. Sort of a minor move, all things considered. I don't put them into the mix much either. Last year was likely their high point IMO. Their pen isn't good, especially toward the end of the season and post. Their starting is suspect due to age and injuries, and their hitting just isn't clutch. Also, the JD thing isn't making me happy, since where does that leave my favorite, Justin Turner?
    Last edited by achilles; 12-18-2022 at 02:52 AM.

Naw, you're right. So Cubs really haven't done that much. Maybe some trades before the deadline, though who they've dangle as trade bait I don't know. But they seem set for more futility next season.

Dodgers got JD? Interesting. Sort of a minor move, all things considered. I don't put them into the mix much either. Last year was likely their high point IMO. Their pen isn't good, especially toward the end of the season and post. Their starting is suspect due to age and injuries, and their hitting just isn't clutch. Also, the JD thing isn't making me happy, since where does that leave my favorite, Justin Turner?
    Turner is probably on the outside looking in. He's a free agent and likely won't be resigned by the Dodgers now.

-M

Extraordinary Member

Turner is probably on the outside looking in. He's a free agent and likely won't be resigned by the Dodgers now.

-M
    Yeah, that bums me. He can still play well enough for the team, and likely only has one more season anyway. They should work something out for him, he's very well liked locally because of his extensive charity work, and he's one of the clubhouse leaders.

Yeah, that bums me. He can still play well enough for the team, and likely only has one more season anyway. They should work something out for him, he's very well liked locally because of his extensive charity work, and he's one of the clubhouse leaders.
    Rumors today Turner is close to finalizing a deal with the Red Sox, if so JD and he essentially switch teams and roles. But this the sox, Turner could take less to go to a different team at the last minute or be using the sox to leverage a better deal for himself elsewhere.

-M

so 2 years just under $22 million with an opt out after 1 season for Turner with the Sox.
    Last edited by MRP; 12-18-2022 at 04:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Rumors today Turner is close to finalizing a deal with the Red Sox, if so JD and he essentially switch teams and roles. But this the sox, Turner could take less to go to a different team at the last minute or be using the sox to leverage a better deal for himself elsewhere.

-M

so 2 years just under $22 million with an opt out after 1 season for Turner with the Sox.
    So the Dodgers could have made him a two year deal for less per year than his option. They just didn't want him. After what he's done for the city. And he was a local guy anyway.