Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1339

Mr Perfect Tom Browning has passed away.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinn...at-62/42287355
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Not so fast with Correa's megadeal with the Giants...

The San Francisco Giants postponed a news conference Tuesday to introduce Carlos Correa after a medical concern arose during the All-Star shortstop's physical, two people with direct knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press.

The people spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Tuesday because the Giants have not announced publicly any details regarding Correa's $350 million, 13-year agreement, not even that Tuesday's availability was to introduce the prized free agent.

One person confirmed to the AP that Tuesday's conference to welcome Correa was put on hold because the sides were awaiting the results of testing. A second person said that a medical issue was flagged during Correa's physical.
    according to an ESPN article

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Justin Turner huh? Yup I am def paying big bucks to go to the park to see him.

Ya ya ya I know the deal looks ok but he is 38. We are not winning the WS with this current team. Probably not making playoffs as well.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Not so fast with Correa's megadeal with the Giants...

according to an ESPN article

-M
    I heard about that this afternoon. After losing out on Aaron Judge, then letting their best pitcher Carlos Rodon walk to join him in the Bronx, the Giants desperately need to sort this situation out with Correa and make it work, otherwise their entire offseason will end up a disaster.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I heard about that this afternoon. After losing out on Aaron Judge, then letting their best pitcher Carlos Rodon walk to join him in the Bronx, the Giants desperately need to sort this situation out with Correa and make it work, otherwise their entire offseason will end up a disaster.
    And now there are claims that he's signed with the Mets after the Giants scuppered the deal over this. $315 million IIRC, don't remember how many years, plan is to move him to 3rd with Lindor remaining at short. Don't know if it's all true, I'll wait until an official notice from any of the parties. Pretty big if true. I will note however that this rumor still insists that it's pending medical. Which means it depends on the Mets' doctor's opinion on whatever it was. And the Giants' doctors found enough to be worried about to scupper their big deal if this turns out to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    And now there are claims that he's signed with the Mets after the Giants scuppered the deal over this. $315 million IIRC, don't remember how many years, plan is to move him to 3rd with Lindor remaining at short. Don't know if it's all true, I'll wait until an official notice from any of the parties. Pretty big if true. I will note however that this rumor still insists that it's pending medical. Which means it depends on the Mets' doctor's opinion on whatever it was. And the Giants' doctors found enough to be worried about to scupper their big deal if this turns out to be true.
    Here's the story from MLB.com:

Correa pivots to Mets after Giants deal falls through (report)

The fact Steve Cohen swooped in and signed Correa almost immediately after the Giants balked makes me wonder if some sort of fix was in. Maybe I'm just acting like a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy nut, but this whole business is fishier than the Baltimore Aquarium.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Here's the story from MLB.com:

Correa pivots to Mets after Giants deal falls through (report)

The fact Steve Cohen swooped in and signed Correa almost immediately after the Giants balked makes me wonder if some sort of fix was in. Maybe I'm just acting like a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy nut, but this whole business is fishier than the Baltimore Aquarium.
    Yeah, something about this is weird. But there IS a perfectly logical explanation: the air in New York is miraculously healing, and he suddenly got better when he went there.
    Last edited by achilles; 12-21-2022 at 05:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

So Trevor Bauer has won his arbitration and has been re-instated to MLB. Which puts the Dodgers in a bind; what to do with him? He carries with him substantial salary the Dodgers will be liable for no matter what they do. So, what would you guys do? I'd DFA the guy personally. I wouldn't want him, and don't know who would. A team that desperately needs pitching and has no qualms about disrupting the clubhouse like he always does. Also...he hasn't pitched in what, three years? Does he even still have anything left? How old is he?

Yeah, if it were me, I'd get rid of him as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So Trevor Bauer has won his arbitration and has been re-instated to MLB. Which puts the Dodgers in a bind; what to do with him? He carries with him substantial salary the Dodgers will be liable for no matter what they do. So, what would you guys do? I'd DFA the guy personally. I wouldn't want him, and don't know who would. A team that desperately needs pitching and has no qualms about disrupting the clubhouse like he always does. Also...he hasn't pitched in what, three years? Does he even still have anything left? How old is he?

Yeah, if it were me, I'd get rid of him as quickly and painlessly as possible.
    If I were the Dodgers’ GM, I’d drop Bauer like a live grenade, salary hit be damned. Like you said, he hasn’t pitched in nearly three years, and, if memory serves, he wasn’t exactly lights out when he had, and yeah, he’s an *******. Cutting Bauer would be the textbook definition of addition by subtraction.

Extraordinary Member

Rumor is Giants sign Conforto for 2 years $36 million, with an opt out after one. He'll slot into left IIRC, with Yaz playing center. Currently on the "Rehab Files", he can throw a whopping 120 feet, which will be of great use in playing the outfield. Yeah, a bit of a risk, that.

The Phillies bolstered their bullpen by inking Craig Kimbrel to a one year, $10 million dollar deal:

https://www.mlb.com/news/craig-kimbrel-phillies-deal

Look for his funky pre-pitch stance in red pinstripes this coming season!

5A6LM2F42BFGLDJABEEM75M3TY.jpg

apparently the Mets are now having concerns about Carlos Correa's surgically repaired leg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    apparently the Mets are now having concerns about Carlos Correa's surgically repaired leg
    Oh dear, when they "signed" him, I thought, "Surely they must have done their own physical first, and been satisfied, because only a total putz would imply there's a deal publicly, and then back out because they hadn't actually done that part first," but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I heard about that an hour ago. Sounds like the Mets put the cart before the horse, signing Correa before completing the physical. Hilarious!

It is typical Mets luck to have it play out this way. But if they didnt do The Physical before the signing this is on them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.