Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I actually think this would be the smart play to give the Phoenix more exposition in the cinematic lore, but sometimes I think some writers are purists so they may stick with it being Jean.
    TBF there's precedence in the MCU to give a crucial role that people initially thought only one character could play to another character spoilers:
    the biggest and most recent example being Aunt May being the one to die and teach the "With great power comes great responsibility" lesson to Peter instead of Uncle Ben
    end of spoilers and it went over REALLY well with people.

Again though, timing matters. Spider-Man's origin story has been told 3 times in the last 19-20 years on the big screen so it needed a severe shake up the third time around. But if a lot of time passes between 2019 when the Dark Phoenix film came out (a film that most people didn't even watch btw), and the next retelling of the Phoenix story, I see it being fair grounds to give it another try with it still being about Jean. Third time's the charm.

Concept is fine it being butchered by other writers who don't really understand it and especially those outside the X-Franchise I find is the bigger issue.....to me the damage is being done both in more recent comics even going back to AvX which also butchered the PF completely ignored Rachel Summers and elevated Hope Summers a character who imo I find a dead weight and certainly not deserving of being Phoenix of the White Crown to such a prominent position......In terms of outside media I think the Phoenix stuff can best be told perhaps on Disney Plus show so its has the time to develop or just do Rachel Summers as the Phoenix that was cool time and shows the PF isn't just some negative force.....the battle between her and Galactus in the comics from Excalibur way back when was visually stunning would love to see that on the screen.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Nowadays even people without powers can be a Phoenix lol , in fact Maya López / Echo has been a better Phoenix and with more control than Jean could ever be XD .

And I don't understand why?
    the formula of adding a woman and giving her an extremely dangerous powerup always works in different works of fiction and even in the mcu see the case of Wanda, but in the mutants it had the opposite effect lol not only did it generate the worst reviews but also the worst collection figures.
    The Phoenix was in full control of herself and her Jean persona before Mastermind interfered.

Morrison's Jean had no problem controlling the Phoenix until Xorn killed her.

Plus, you only two examples of female characters going mad with power? Because it's not that trope is rampant with male ones. /s
    "Cable was right!"

the phoenix is not necesary a grey family member but it has to be a mutant!