Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I’m reading some of the Elseworlds stuff but other than that, I’ve pretty much given up on DC. I’ve been reading comics for 30 years and mostly DC for 20 but this directionless nonsense has killed it for me.

I stopped reading DC comics a couple of years ago. It wasn't a conscious decision on my part, but my pull list whittled away slowly as titles were cancelled or I lost interest in them. Suddenly I was surprised to discover that there was nothing left.

I haven't felt any urge to return. I have plenty of older books and reprints that I'm still catching up on. I read through the solicitations each month but nothing leaps out at me.

This isn't a DC-specific problem though. I had the same situation with Marvel once Immortal Hulk ended.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm buying more DC stuff now than I have in the previous 25 years.
    So my latest pre-order looks like this:

Flash
    Rogues
    Robin
    Nice House on the Lake
    Dark Crisis
    Aquamen
    Flash/Aquaman: Voidsong
    World's Finest
    Dark Crisis: Young Justice
    Fastest Man Alive
    Multiversity: Teen Justice
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I see like, the minute Didio was fired DC began to say "EVERYONE IS GAY" and I think that's ****** beautiful

(It's not an irony, I really like the new DC)

I supose they aren't selling comics very well, but i don't care about USA, Spain, or Japan's sales

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I'm buying more DC stuff now than I have in the previous 25 years.
    So my latest pre-order looks like this:

Flash
    Rogues
    Robin
    Nice House on the Lake
    Dark Crisis
    Aquamen
    Flash/Aquaman: Voidsong
    World's Finest
    Dark Crisis: Young Justice
    Fastest Man Alive
    Multiversity: Teen Justice
    But, how many of those titles are regular on-going series?

The last two titles from DC that I was enjoying were both limited series, and now that they both have finished, there's nothing from DC that currently grabs me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I supose they aren't selling comics very well, but i don't care about USA, Spain, or Japan's sales
    So you don't care if the comics sell well so long as 'the message' is heard?

You should care a little bit about sales, seeing as without them none of the books you read will last very long.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 04-12-2022 at 08:10 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, how many of those titles are regular on-going series?

The last two titles from DC that I was enjoying were both limited series, and now that they both have finished, there's nothing from DC that currently grabs me.
    They're doing a lot of limited series so it's plausible that they could be replaced with more limited series.

I'm curious, though-- which comics were those, Major? Not trying to start anything, but I was under the impression you weren't really reading anything so I'm interested to see what caught your attention. Glad you've at least enjoyed a couple books in recent years.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    . . . The last two titles from DC that I was enjoying were both limited series, and now that they both have finished, there's nothing from DC that currently grabs me.
    . . . I'm curious, though-- which comics were those, Major? Not trying to start anything, but I was under the impression you weren't really reading anything so I'm interested to see what caught your attention. Glad you've at least enjoyed a couple books in recent years.
    I had been reading Arkham City: The Order of the World (6 issues) and The Batman & Scooby-Doo! Mysteries (12 issues).

I also tried the first four issues of the Williamson-written Batman, but those were "less than enjoyable". (I planned to drop it anyway once the Shadow War-crossover started.) And I also gave Batgirls a try, only to drop it after issue #4. (I didn't really recognize the characters they were so poorly written.)

DC lost me about 2 months ago. For the first time since 1986, I don’t buy DC, and it hurts.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I had been reading Arkham City: The Order of the World (6 issues) and The Batman & Scooby-Doo! Mysteries (12 issues).

I also tried the first four issues of the Williamson-written Batman, but those were "less than enjoyable". (I planned to drop it anyway once the Shadow War-crossover started.) And I also gave Batgirls a try, only to drop it after issue #4. (I didn't really recognize the characters they were so poorly written.)
    I hope the future holds some books we can both enjoy, Major.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

No. Course was starting to correct, but it's gotten so bad that most DC characters would be better off not appearing in any books. And it makes me really sad to even have to think it.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    DC lost me about 2 months ago. For the first time since 1986, I don’t buy DC, and it hurts.
    I found it hard to keep after the New 52. I was upset with how they butchered canon.

I have read more DC then all other comic companies together. Back when HOX/POX relaunched X men I got back into X men... but with that I am now more and more reading Marvel.

I can't put a finger on what happened. I just stopped likeing JLA, and SUperman (okay I can say Bandis was the reason for that) and the only Bat title I am reading is Robin. I have been keeping up with GL. However I just found out that Green Lantern may not have a new series at all...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I found it hard to keep after the New 52. I was upset with how they butchered canon.
    Rebirth was repairing the universe IMO, but Jurgens' and Tomasi's forced departures from Superman signaled the end of the healing of DC Comics.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I haven't felt excited about anything DC since Rebirth. DC went scorched Earth with that initiative with Heroes in Crisis, and I just don't think the brand has recovered. I thought they were on the right path when Didio was let go but then the vast majority of the line became Bat-centric, and I lost all remaining interest. I still buy Superman out of some stupid loyalty to the character (I have every Superman comic since 1983) but outside of that I've given up.