Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Do you like the new direction dc is going

Im loving DC now then i did before.All the changes thats coming out.im really exited for dark crises and what's happing next.This feels like one Big story with Dark metal started in 2016 till today., future state and the stores that came out

Parts of it have been absolute garbage. Others have been gold. Most somewhere in between.

Like, Robin, the series, is gold.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm liking the new direction quite a bit.
    I think publishing 4-6 issue mini-series is a smart way to put the spotlight on lower tier characters without the weight of trying to prop up a monthly title.
    Just gimme my second Flash book and I'll be happier than a pig in sh!t.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I like that they're courting new readers with webtoon and OGN. Much more efficient than rebooting
    I like that they have multiple answers for continuity issues
    I hate that I have take account all of them one by one though when you know it's just some comic magic excuse, just so I can get immersed

NO i've always been a ''Team Book'' Collector and the majority of books are are all Batman Family Based and i haven't been happy with DC Since the New 52.I live for the day when we have More Team Books instead of Solo books.Justice League.New Titans.The Legion.Young Justice.The Power Co.The Outsiders.The Doom Patrol.Birds of Prey.The Omega Men.Infinity Inc.JSA.JLEurope.Extreme Justice.just to name a few but i live for the day when the Titans are as Popular as the X Men.My Dream Teams The Titans.Titans L.A. The New Titans.and a New Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I don't really understand it, to be honest.

Astonishing Member

DC's current direction does not seem that new to me.

The individual parts feel better than the whole is my take. The overall universe is a mess but I'm currently enjoying what they are doing on Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman titles.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I don't really understand it, to be honest.
    More importantly, who at DC understands it?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I haven't been crazy about the majority of DC's output since Flashpoint. It's not for me. Occasionally if there's a creator I like I'll check it out, but there's a back catalog of thousands of comics from 1935 to 2011 I still have yet to read.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The individual parts feel better than the whole is my take.
    I feel much the same way.

The books I'm reading are, by and large, better than they've been in years. And we're getting a bunch of self-contained, stand-alone content in the form of mini's and Elseworlds and I really appreciate the variety. Plus we have a few things set in the past, like World's Finest, and it all allows for the more familiar status quo's to remain active and visible even as DC pushes forward with their newest legacy initiative.

But somehow, despite having all these things that I've wanted for years, the DCU and publishing line as a whole feels weaker than the individual books I'm reading. Continuity isn't even a factor anymore, much less something that adds depth and dimension to the characters and their stories. There's far too many books focused on the big names (and that's mostly just Bats and to a lesser degree, Supes) while the C-list languishes.

I think the line is pointed in the right direction. Absolutely. But the fact that it's been built on the unstable foundation of the last ten years does detract from it all, and makes some of the success seem less impressive.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The individual parts feel better than the whole is my take. The overall universe is a mess but I'm currently enjoying what they are doing on Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman titles.
    This. Individual books are great, but there’s no sense of an overall “goal” that the universe is working towards. Will be up to Dark Crisis to provide that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The individual parts feel better than the whole is my take.
    This right here.

I'm not sure I could even identify a line-wide direction if asked, but I do know I love what's happening in Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, and (so far) Aquamen.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Im loving DC now then i did before.All the changes thats coming out.im really exited for dark crises and what's happing next.This feels like one Big story with Dark metal started in 2016 till today., future state and the stores that came out
    Well, I have not liked much of what DC has been up to since around 2011-2014. And now I am really enjoying 4 books and looking forward to more new stuff. So yes, for the first time in nearly a decade I am enjoying DC's new direction.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

According to my comic orders from 2021-2022, the only two DC series I've bought were Challenge of the Super Sons and Robin & Batman. Overall, I've really lost interest in what DC Comics has been doing. The line wide direction hasn't appealed to me since Heroes in Crisis butchered the good intentions of Rebirth and I've not been happy with the way DC's treated my favourite characters (Superman, Green Lantern, and Captain Marvel come to mind) I hear Jeremy Adams' Flash is an under the radar hit, and Zdarsky/Jiminez on Batman is a strong creative team. But I'm not looking forward to Dark Crisis at all as it includes many tropes in DC events I've grown to loathe over the years. Hopefully, other people are enjoying DC more than I am.