Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Default Is flashpoint WW canon?

I have heard some say that flashpoint is main WW like Post Crisis or even rebirth. saying that the event shows what WW would become if flash didn't turn back time. But i don't remember any proof of flashpoint being canon. Or that WW having the same origin and powers as Post Crisis or Rebirth. can anybody please tell me if there is something i'm missing?

Flashpoint was Barry going back in time in a way that changed everything else unrelated to saving his mother, which's why everyone is so different.

I have no idea how Flashpoint can be considered mainline, it's basically the equivalent of a bad future, and the biggest influence it had I'm aware of was by having Thomas Wayne end up in the main universe to torment Bruce.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Flashpoint was Barry going back in time in a way that changed everything else unrelated to saving his mother, which's why everyone is so different.

I have no idea how Flashpoint can be considered mainline, it's basically the equivalent of a bad future, and the biggest influence it had I'm aware of was by having Thomas Wayne end up in the main universe to torment Bruce.
    Somebody also said that flashpoint WW should have the same origin and powers from mainline WW. But i don't remember anything to suggest this is the case.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

.....huh? Considering we've seen WWs origins and they never included being betrothed to Aquaman, its pretty clear its not canon.

Agreed Flashpoint isn't canon for WW. I looked at it as canon for Flash only.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Somebody also said that flashpoint WW should have the same origin and powers from mainline WW. But i don't remember anything to suggest this is the case.
    About the origins, at best she'd have the clay origin (But I'm not sure if that's talked about) and staying in Themyscira for a while until she decides to leave, but everything changes once she leaves, since she meets Arthur right away and that started the whole relationship with Atlanteans, and her relationship with Arthur.

She likely has the same powers, but I'm not even sure if she's shown flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    .....huh? Considering we've seen WWs origins and they never included being betrothed to Aquaman, its pretty clear its not canon.
    But I thought everything was canon .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    And so very much that says it absolutely is nothing like mainstream ww. Thus was more a Gjohns wankfest for Aquaman and Barry

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Agreed Flashpoint isn't canon for WW. I looked at it as canon for Flash only.
    Flash and Wonder Woman exist in a shared continuity though.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Flash and Wonder Woman exist in a shared continuity though.
    So? Events happen in certain books that SHOULD affect other DC books, but they're lucky to even get mentioned as an off-handed comment, let alone acknowledged as applying to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So? Events happen in certain books that SHOULD affect other DC books, but they're lucky to even get mentioned as an off-handed comment, let alone acknowledged as applying to them.
    Sure. But Flashpoint is still "canon" for Wonder Woman, as much as canon means anything now.

Sure. But Flashpoint is still "canon" for Wonder Woman, as much as canon means anything now.
    It's as canon as that version of Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's as canon as that version of Superman
    Yes, that's true.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Flashpoint is an alternate timeline of the Crisis to Flashpoint period, itself part of the long timeline of the main Multiverse, stretching from Pre-Crisis until now.
    When Barry fixed it, Flashpoint was supposed to be gone, but Dr. Manhattan hold it long enough to transport Thomas Wayne to the true timeline.
    Flashpoint as the main history of the main Multiverse no longer exist, replaced back by the Crisis to Flashpoint period.

Only Thomas Wayne and his letter to Bruce survived to the main timeline as proof that Flashpoint once existed (Thomas later died and I think the letter was destroyed by Professor Zoom)

However now there's a Flashpoint Beyond. I don't know what's the status, but now that Hypertime is back, for all I know Flashpoint still exists and continue to live as one of the branches of Hypertime.

So what's your definition of canon?

Mighty Member

It is at best canon in the same sense in which this is the Justice League in a canon comic:

I'm not sure we're all on the same page as to what canon means in this context.
    I've never meant that it's the current ongoing status quo, of course not. Just that the story happened and is part of the overall "Everything happened" history of DC after so many Crisises.