Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If the batcave was abandoned because Bruce moved out of the mansion, why did he leave all his Batman gear and memorabillia in the cave?
    Should he have a garage sale?

If the batcave was abandoned because Bruce moved out of the mansion, why did he leave all his Batman gear and memorabillia in the cave?
    Did this come up with Arkham Manor? I think he was still able to use the Batcave back then.

BANNED

The issue is too much to gobble with shock value tbh. Hopefully it will improve

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    The whole Tim thing seems like a dumb choice. He already 'died' in his most recent ongoing (Detective Comics). He was recently outed, and even DC can't be that tone dead to sideline his character after that reveal. Nightwing has only just recovered from being shot in the head so we already have the story of Batman dealing with one of his proteges getting shot.

Aside from that, I thought it was a good start to a new storyline. Will have to wait and see if the Penguin stuff pays off. Hopefully it doesn't just become a 'it was Joker all along' type of story.
    That's like 5 and 2 years ago. We're due for another round

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did this come up with Arkham Manor? I think he was still able to use the Batcave back then.
    Yeah he just sealed the entrances to the manor

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    Cut out the pages that have Selina cheating on Bruce and it's a good first issue. Great even. If nothing else, I'll keep buying because Jimenez deserves my money. That man is a TALENT.

Backup was short, but I'm already wishing Ortega would replace Howard on the main Catwoman title. (Or anyone really, but especially Ortega, the backup was really fun.)

EDIT: Actually Zdarsky wrote the back-up as well. My point stands about Ortega's art though, fits the character very well.
    How can she be cheating on Bruce when they are not in relationship. Plus Bruce was soon back in the embrace of Talia. So is a one sided thing where you only complain about her and not him.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    How can she be cheating on Bruce when they are not in relationship.
    Completely disingenuous. Just because they are keeping away from each other temporarily in order to sort out their problems doesn't mean they broke up.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Plus Bruce was soon back in the embrace of Talia. So is a one sided thing where you only complain about her and not him.
    She kissed him and he pulled away, specifically citing Selina.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Did Penguin killing Colin (or whatever his name was) happened off panel or is there some kind of preview/issue 0 that I missed?
    I'm pretty sure Colin was the guy who the "kidnapper" killed.

As for the story itself...I wasn't that impressed.
    While I liked the air of mystery, and the dynamic set up by Penguin was interesting I really didn't enjoy the thrust that this is going to be yet another story about breaking Batman. I wish Zdardsky had taken a page from Waid's World's Finest and worked to make Batman whole again. I want a well adjusted Batman with a strong supporting cast that works well together to be good heroes, not another story about some villain out for Batman's blood pushing him to the brink and whittling down his support.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 07-07-2022 at 06:06 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    The whole Tim thing seems like a dumb choice. He already 'died' in his most recent ongoing (Detective Comics). He was recently outed, and even DC can't be that tone dead to sideline his character after that reveal. Nightwing has only just recovered from being shot in the head so we already have the story of Batman dealing with one of his proteges getting shot.

Aside from that, I thought it was a good start to a new storyline. Will have to wait and see if the Penguin stuff pays off. Hopefully it doesn't just become a 'it was Joker all along' type of story.
    Tim is currently in a Dark Crisis tie-in and has an on-going or limited coming up. Obviously this only happened to push whatever narrative Chip is setting up.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That's like 5 and 2 years ago. We're due for another round

Yeah he just sealed the entrances to the manor
    I am imagining that there are reminders set at the DC offices to injure Batman's sidekick every 2 years, and kill one sidekick every 5 years.

Everything about this issue is fantastic! Well, except Selina/Valmont stuff, ewwww... Who even thought that was a good idea...? I blame editorial for this. Jimenez outdid himself again, what a talented artist he is. And i'm already invested in the story. Great start.

So he can still have access to it in an emergency?

Besides, unlike when he moved from Wayne Manor to the Wayne headquarters in Gotham City back in the 1970s, he's been on more of a "budget" these days. (The problems of going from a billionaire to a measly little millionaire.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah there isn't really much space for a t-rex in a sewer bunker he built himself by hand

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    Cut out the pages that have Selina cheating on Bruce and it's a good first issue.
    I thought they were "on a break" and Bruce literally says his mind shouldn't stay focused on "the past", so was this really cheating on Selina's part. Besides even if it can be seen as cheating, DC likely just thinks that "Oh it's Catwoman, she doesn't play by any relationship rules anyway". DC is clearly moving away from that pairing and they don't see it as some kind of endgame, the same way Marvel will never again fully commit to Peter and MJ. The end of the Spencer run ended with them as some supposedly unbreakable couple and the very first issue of the new ASM run they've broken up and she doesn't even want to talk to him. Marvel and DC don't want their flagship heroes married or in serious relationships for too long. Every once in a while they'll throw fans a bone since they know those are popular pairings, but being invested in the Batman/Catwoman pairing is just meaningless at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I thought they were "on a break" and Bruce literally says his mind shouldn't stay focused on "the past", so was this really cheating on Selina's part. Besides even if it can be seen as cheating, DC likely just thinks that "Oh it's Catwoman, she doesn't play by any relationship rules anyway". DC is clearly moving away from that pairing and they don't see it as some kind of endgame, the same way Marvel will never again fully commit to Peter and MJ. The end of the Spencer run ended with them as some supposedly unbreakable couple and the very first issue of the new ASM run they've broken up and she doesn't even want to talk to him. Marvel and DC don't want their flagship heroes married or in serious relationships for too long. Every once in a while they'll throw fans a bone since they know those are popular pairings, but being invested in the Batman/Catwoman pairing is just meaningless at this point.
    So, how soon are Kal-El and Lois getting divorced?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, how soon are Kal-El and Lois getting divorced?
    Superman is probably the kind of character you can give the "happy ending" aspect for a more extended period of time. But I'm honestly not sure that decades from now he will still be married with a son. This whole thing of giving him a kid and revealing his identity to the world still feels like a gimmick that isn't sustainable in the long run. Guess time will tell.

It's always fascinating to me what vastly different approach writers have towards the characters and editors essentially letting them do whatever they want in comparison to what had just happened recently in the previous run. The Bat/Cat book ended just last week and in the final issue Bruce literally tells Selina there's nothing more important in the world to him than her. A week later a new Bat writer comes along and the first thing you see of Selina is she's sleeping with someone else, while Bruce thinks to himself after calling her that his mind should no longer be focused on the past. It's like all the time DC spent on pushing the whole Bat/Cat thing was for nothing and written out in two pages. It's why I said there's no point to get invested in these pairings involving flagship corporate characters cause they never lead to anything.

In 2022, Peter Parker still has to always be down on his luck, unable to hold onto a job or have any kind of stable relationship because that supposedly still makes him "relatable", while the hot wife supposedly doesn't. Bruce Wayne can occasionally get more serious about someone he's had the most history with since that's still his most well-known love interest and DC wants to keep making money out of it. Then that's always suddenly changed since they think it supposedly gets boring, as opposed to keep chasing after the dangerous woman on rooftops for another 80 years since that's supposedly more interesting. It's a waste of time.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-07-2022 at 01:51 PM.