Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just see it as B:TAS or 90's Batman had all the general gadgets and vehicles people expect from Batman but it didn't necesarilly dominate the story or went overboard and then he eventually transitioned into the Justice League.
    Fair enough.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    For some reason some people think that since she is connected to the green then she should be as powerful as Swamp Thing.
    Or at least that she has the power to control plants.
    Sigh... I guess it's really a case of each to their own.

I get Bats is the most dominant DC property and as such, from a profit generating angle, would be used across all genres of DC storytelling.

That said, I do appreciate what DC has done in trying to please people like me by having some traditional stories told now and again, even if they are out of continuity - The Imposter, One Dark Knight, Earth One etcetera.

Even found the Batman's Grave to be a good tale (for the most part) though not for the limited tech used (cos there was a lot!) but for the fact that there was no Bat-Fam.

I just see it as B:TAS or 90's Batman had all the general gadgets and vehicles people expect from Batman but it didn't necesarilly dominate the story or went overboard and then he eventually transitioned into the Justice League.
    Yeah... these two examples are sweet spots and it would be nice if they were used as the cap. Perhaps just modernize the tech to match real-world applications.

While I have enjoyed several JL stories with Bats as a member, I'd actually prefer him not to be a one and merely consult for them.