Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batman #125 Preview
    Writer: Chip Zdarsky
    Artist: Jorge Jimenez
    Backup Writer: Chip Zdarsky
    Backup Artist: Belan Ortega

Starting off with some Bruce and Selina fanservice (on several fronts)...and Selina sleeping with another dude.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Starting off with some Bruce and Selina fanservice (on several fronts)...and Selina sleeping with another dude.
    That's a backup story where Bruce and Selina are separated....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Wait, what?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Wait, what?
    The Cat and the 'The Crow'(Valmont).
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-01-2022 at 08:38 PM.

I know they're separated, just kind of funny to me (also nice fanservice) .

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

That's not the backup. That's drawn by Jimenez who is drawing the main title. Ortega is doing the art for the backup.

BANNED

Sucks to see Selina sleeping with Valmont, but at least she and Bruce keep in touch and she's still worried about him as well as being a bit flirty, Bruce will always be more important to her. I'm pretty sure Zdarsky has plans to put them together again and this is just temporary, she'll be a big part of the book either through the back-ups or later arcs, so I'm not worried.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    That's not the backup. That's drawn by Jimenez who is drawing the main title. Ortega is doing the art for the backup.
    Maybe you right. In my defense they both seem to have similar style

I don't follow the main Batman title, but even if Bruce and Selina aren't together it feels odd to open up your new Batman run with Selina sleeping with someone else. Starting off on a pretty sour note. It's a bit like stubbing your toe while walking out your front door, but I guess it is one of those cliché things to do to get eyes on your new run. As it will rile a certain group of people up and they will talk about it. Poor King though, kicking dirt on all that work he did he in run and the Batman and Catwoman book, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't follow the main Batman title, but even if Bruce and Selina aren't together it feels odd to open up your new Batman run with Selina sleeping with someone else. Starting off on a pretty sour note. It's a bit like stubbing your toe while walking out your front door, but I guess it is one of those cliché things to do to get eyes on your new run. As it will rile a certain group of people up and they will talk about it. Poor King though, kicking dirt on all that work he did he in run and the Batman and Catwoman book, lol.
    Considering how hated both his Batman run and his B&C book were it's really not that strange for DC to not follow King's direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Considering how hated both his Batman run and his B&C book were it's really not that strange for DC to not follow King's direction.
    I wasn't a fan of King's Batman after issue #50, but it still had a lot of fans. Especially Bat/Cat fans. I don't think many readers would have cared if DC let King actually let Bruce and Selina marry. DC has this super weird hang-up about it similar to Peter and Mary Jane over at Marvel. I just don't think it is the smartest move opening your new run by pissing off all the Bat/Cat fans DC spent several years cultivating, but it is one of those things they know will get attention on it I guess.

BANNED

I wasn't a fan of King's Batman after issue #50, but it still had a lot of fans. Especially Bat/Cat fans. I don't think many readers would have cared if DC let King actually let Bruce and Selina marry. DC has this super weird hang-up about it similar to Peter and Mary Jane over at Marvel. I just don't think it is the smartest move opening your new run by pissing off all the Bat/Cat fans DC spent several years cultivating, but it is one of those things they know will get attention on it I guess.
    Like I said, I'm pretty sure Zdarsky will reunite Bat/Cat later in the run, especially if he outlasts Howard's run on Selina's solo

BANNED

Batman is no Spider-Man Or Richards who lives in a fairy town and can have a funky ol family. He had faced a lot of tragic and his only motivation should be Gotham. Not even close to how or what King has done over the years.

BANNED

Batman is no Spider-Man Or Richards who lives in a fairy town and can have a funky ol family. He had faced a lot of tragic and his only motivation should be Gotham
    What a frigid-ass mindset. And precisely why the book's gone nowhere.

BANNED

It was almost the same way Morrison dealt with Joker in his 'main' run with issue one. Later on he came back but only as a supporting character. Now look how that turned out be.