Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't follow the main Batman title, but even if Bruce and Selina aren't together it feels odd to open up your new Batman run with Selina sleeping with someone else. Starting off on a pretty sour note. It's a bit like stubbing your toe while walking out your front door, but I guess it is one of those cliché things to do to get eyes on your new run. As it will rile a certain group of people up and they will talk about it. Poor King though, kicking dirt on all that work he did he in run and the Batman and Catwoman book, lol.
    Maybe it's to set up Bruce with a new love interest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    What a frigid-ass mindset. And precisely why the book's gone nowhere.
    This is not the place to offend others opinion.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure Zdarsky will reunite Bat/Cat later in the run, especially if he outlasts Howard's run on Selina's solo
    Why? It's not like it is the status quo for Bruce and Selina to be together. And after King did his whole run about them there is a) not a lot left to do with them and b) it's understandable if he wants to do his own thing and not a continuation of King's work.

Besides, it looks more like they'll bring his relationship with Talia back in some way or form. She'll be important in Ram's upcoming Tec arc and it sounds like Zdarsky will have her show up towards the end of Batman: The Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Why? It's not like it is the status quo for Bruce and Selina to be together. And after King did his whole run about them there is a) not a lot left to do with them and b) it's understandable if he wants to do his own thing and not a continuation of King's work.

Besides, it looks more like they'll bring his relationship with Talia back in some way or form. She'll be important in Ram's upcoming Tec arc and it sounds like Zdarsky will have her show up towards the end of Batman: The Knight.
    I'm ready for someone new at this point between Talia and Selina.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Totally agree with both of you on this.

After King, I don't wanna see more BatCatCatBatCat. But I have to admit, I'm curious how Zdarsky would write Bruce/Selina as a couple.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

BANNED

You have Bruce and Harley in White Knight. Wish that were proper canon.

Why? It's not like it is the status quo for Bruce and Selina to be together. And after King did his whole run about them there is a) not a lot left to do with them.
    There are plenty of stories left to tell with Bruce and Selina, just because King soured you on them doesn't mean they dry up. Zdarsky clearly has some use for Selina and he showed she and Bruce stay in touch, so we'll see how they develop the triangle with Valmont and/or Talia. I doubt this is the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    This is not the place to offend others opinion.
    Sorry, just tired of "Bruce's obligation is to Gotham", it's blighted the book for years. THAT I feel has gone as far as it needs to go.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 07-02-2022 at 08:09 AM.

Damn they're doing Batman dirty. Calling his ex to check up on her only to realize she's sleeping with another dude. Won't be able to take Selina and Bruce seriously as a couple after that personally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Won't be able to take Selina and Bruce seriously as a couple after that personally.
    Was it 'hard' to take Bruce and Selina seriously after Slam Bradley? Or that other woman she had a relationship with in between Bat sex in New 52? Of course not.

All roads lead back to Bat/Cat. This too shall pass.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Was it 'hard' to take Bruce and Selina seriously after Slam Bradley? Or that other woman she had a relationship with in between Bat sex in New 52? Of course not.

Personally fine with Bruce having several romantic partners but ultimately ending up alone too driven by his mission. I don’t like the idea he grows old with Selina or something like that.

BANNED

There are plenty of stories left to tell with Bruce and Selina, just because King soured you on them doesn't mean they dry up. Zdarsky clearly has some use for Selina and he showed she and Bruce stay in touch, so we'll see how they develop the triangle with Valmont and/or Talia. I doubt this is the end.

Sorry, just tired of "Bruce's obligation is to Gotham", it's blighted the book for years. THAT I feel has gone as far as it needs to go.
    It's no such thing as obligation rather how Bruce see what Batman's mantle meant for him. There are as many women(including Selina)who have broken his trust so i would rather read a book without any 'love of his life' plot being included in every damn book.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

I'm sure DC is happy to know you're out here defending compliance with one of the absolute worst aspects of modern cape comics.

Not to mention you're neglecting context which makes this situation incomparable to your examples. Also fans hated it then, as well.

I mean, a good new ship .
    I think Bruce could use a good break on both relationships.

BANNED

I mean, a good new ship .

I think Bruce could use a good break on both relationships.
    Yes, that's why Morrison's run didn't frigid out when it mattered but I always questioned myself if Bruce actually knew about Jezebel.
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-02-2022 at 09:42 AM.

Don't know about that. I'd argue their current status is a little bit different now, all this is after she left him at the altar and now that they're "on break" she's out there having sex with other people.
    What's even more funny is that Bruce didn't want to kiss Talia because of Selina all the while she's clearly not that bothered. These writers making Batman look like a sucka.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Don't know about that. I'd argue their current status is a little bit different now, all this is after she left him at the altar and now that they're "on break" she's out there having sex with other people.
    What's even more funny is that Bruce didn't want to kiss Talia because of Selina all the while she's clearly not that bothered. These writers making Batman look like a sucka.
    Yeah, I mean I think if someone really wants her sleeping with somebody else they need to officially break them up somehow first. Because from what we know, they're not broken up, they're just on a one year "break," during which they've already reunited at least a couple times. So, that doesn't seem very broken up and it looks like she's cheating on him.

Unless this is some kind of misunderstanding or something.