Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Another spoiler, as Selina's status quo for the book is established

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...-125-spoilers/

spoilers:
    She's tasked with finding all of The Penguin's children.
    end of spoilers
    Well, we already know one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Depends on if the current writer remembers those stories /if the current writer ignores those stories.

Incredible Member

There’s way too much going on in this issue for its own good. I mean one major death and another near death is a bit much for the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    There’s way too much going on in this issue for its own good. I mean one major death and another near death is a bit much for the first issue.
    Yeah, but is the "major death" legit?

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I just noticed on Reddit but a lot of villains are dying lately. Maybe because now they're getting revived as zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just noticed on Reddit but a lot of villains are dying lately. Maybe because now they're getting revived as zombies.
    Task Force Z is ending in a few months.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

the art is so nuts, I can't believe this is Jimenez.

he is such an amazing artist and his ability to change styles is so spectacular.

he went from a polished poppy digital art style to a gritty scratchy look.

and for the writing well it's Zdarsky so it's great, it looks like maybe in 12 issues we're gonna get the Batman status quo revert back to classic Batman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Tumblr is full of End of Pride joke today for what's happening to Tim ^^

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Did Penguin killing Colin (or whatever his name was) happened off panel or is there some kind of preview/issue 0 that I missed?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Tumblr is full of End of Pride joke today for what's happening to Tim ^^
    Why am I not surprised at that.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Cut out the pages that have Selina cheating on Bruce and it's a good first issue. Great even. If nothing else, I'll keep buying because Jimenez deserves my money. That man is a TALENT.

Backup was short, but I'm already wishing Ortega would replace Howard on the main Catwoman title. (Or anyone really, but especially Ortega, the backup was really fun.)

EDIT: Actually Zdarsky wrote the back-up as well. My point stands about Ortega's art though, fits the character very well.
    Last edited by TravelerInTheDark; 07-06-2022 at 04:48 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Damn. Chip nailed it.

Not worried about Tim tho.
    Bat-Ultron. (The cartoon kinda did this)
    I'm actually interested in the Catwoman back-up story.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    Cut out the pages that have Selina cheating on Bruce and it's a good first issue. Great even. If nothing else, I'll keep buying because Jimenez deserves my money. That man is a TALENT.

Backup was short, but I'm already wishing Ortega would replace Howard on the main Catwoman title. (Or anyone really, but especially Ortega, the backup was really fun.)

EDIT: Actually Zdarsky wrote the back-up as well. My point stands about Ortega's art though, fits the character very well.
    She's awesome, why DC has not given her a monthly gig is beyond me. She should have been the artist on the Tim Drake monthly coming out. But Catwoman and Batgirls both would be great fits for her.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

The whole Tim thing seems like a dumb choice. He already 'died' in his most recent ongoing (Detective Comics). He was recently outed, and even DC can't be that tone dead to sideline his character after that reveal. Nightwing has only just recovered from being shot in the head so we already have the story of Batman dealing with one of his proteges getting shot.

Aside from that, I thought it was a good start to a new storyline. Will have to wait and see if the Penguin stuff pays off. Hopefully it doesn't just become a 'it was Joker all along' type of story.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

If the batcave was abandoned because Bruce moved out of the mansion, why did he leave all his Batman gear and memorabillia in the cave?