Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thank you!

So, Hercules no longer contributes his strength?

Do any of the gods/goddesses bless Nubia in the same manner? What about Donna?
    Nubia shares the blessings of all the Amazons which is the immortality and the super strength/speed which people keep forgetting they all share. I think Perez established them as being blessed by the goddesses too but with Demeter specifically tossing in the god-like strength and durability?

As for Donna....Really depends on continuity which I can't keep track of. Pre crisis it was the Amazonian strength training and being hit by a version of the purple ray.
    Then she got her powers from the Titans.
    Then she got her abilities from being a Darkstar
    Then she got her powers because shes a reflection of Diana
    Then she got her powers because shes every Donna in the multiverse
    Then she got her powers from being magically born of clay from the remains of a dead Hippolyta

Im honestly not sure what her deal even is. Though I confess Donna Troy is not a character I really understood or gravitated toward.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Nubia shares the blessings of all the Amazons which is the immortality and the super strength/speed which people keep forgetting they all share. I think Perez established them as being blessed by the goddesses too but with Demeter specifically tossing in the god-like strength and durability?

As for Donna....Really depends on continuity which I can't keep track of. Pre crisis it was the Amazonian strength training and being hit by a version of the purple ray.
    Then she got her powers from being magically born of clay from the remains of a dead Hippolyta

Im honestly not sure what her deal even is. Though I confess Donna Troy is not a character I really understood or gravitated toward.
    Thank You!

Yes, it is difficult to keep track since things keep changing.

I always thought all of the Amazons were super-powered, with Diana, Donna and Nubia being way above the rest.

But if Donna and Nubia are close to Diana in strength and other abilities, wouldn't they need to be blessed as well?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Not necessarily? It depends on what specific blessings Diana has compared to the others. Like the other Amazons and Diana share a strength blessing from the same diety so an equel footing is to be expected.

Honestly the one that baffles me the most is Artemis who from what little we know has never recieved any blessings from any god, uses no special equipment, and is somehow a match for Diana in terms of strength and ability.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

According to you all the amazons have super strength and speed to match Diana?!?

I don't know about you, but Perez specifically gave Diana gifts from the gods and goddesses far and above what any amazon has. And most writers treat the amazons as olympic level athletes and no more. They are essentially cannon fodder for the rest of the DC universe. So, for people like Artemis or even Nubia, unless stated otherwise, all they are in terms of ability are really well trained athletes, at best.

No? Perez in that origin he made for the Amazons specifically talked about the goddesses tossing in extra boons when they arrived on the island. Then later established Hercules blessing the Amazons with even more super strength for when they needed it.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

No? Perez in that origin he made for the Amazons specifically talked about the goddesses tossing in extra boons when they arrived on the island. Then later established Hercules blessing the Amazons with even more super strength for when they needed it.
    I will have to reread the Perez comics because I did not take away that the amazons were any more gifted than what they call the 'olympic' level athlete as a base. And how does a demi-god in Hercules bless the amazons with more strength? Wouldn't Diana as a demi-god with the Zeus origin be able to do the same? Doesn't make sense. But then again, when does consistency about Diana's powerset make any sense at all? We are now supposed to believe in Trial of the Amazons that Yara, Donna, Cassie, Nubia and Artemis stands a chance against Diana? Again, unless I am missing some backstory which has granted each of these characters with the gifts that Diana has, why would any of them stand a chance against Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Why is "beauty" a power? lol Also, am I the only one who thinks that the ability to open hearts to her should be something Diana innately possesses, rather than a gift from a deity? I feel that the kindness, compassion, and charm that makes others fall in figurative love with Diana should be her own thing. What makes this "clump of clay" much more than that.
    Aphrodite would have nothing to offer otherwise lol. I view it as Diana having supernatural beauty, like anyone and everyone around her would be captivated by her presence. The "open hearts" part is like, that panel from Veronica Cale were she explains that no one can lie to her or around her, not even the tiny white lies. Like how some people have an aura or personality about them that, even on first meeting, you feel comfortable expressing and sharing your deepest thoughts. Thats something, I think as a writer, that can be played with. Is it Diana as a character or does she just have that power? some people are just like that and that is a reason why Cale doesn't like her.
    Last edited by Perseus; 04-25-2022 at 03:51 PM.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Yeah, extra boons for like hunting and stuff not stats on par with Diana..... I don't recall the Herc bit.

Herc bit was towards the end of things when Hercules had been forgiven for his crimes and was able to reclaim full proper godhood and go live on Olympus again. Gave a blessing by way of apology on his way out

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Aphrodite would have nothing to offer otherwise lol. I view it as Diana having supernatural beauty, like anyone and everyone around her would be captivated by her presence. The "open hearts" part is like, that panel from Veronica Cale were she explains that no one can lie to her or around her, not even the tiny white lies. Like how some people have an aura or personality about them that, even on first meeting, you feel comfortable expressing and sharing your deepest thoughts. Thats something, I think as a writer, that can be played with. Is it Diana as a character or does she just have that power? some people are just like that and that is a reason why Cale doesn't like her.
    I'd say that Aphrodite has love to give lol. Her giving Diana beauty is just her way of not only making her ridiculously good looking but the ability to open her heart to others like no one else can which is part of why Diana is so compassionate towards others...

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'd say that Aphrodite has love to give lol. Her giving Diana beauty is just her way of not only making her ridiculously good looking but the ability to open her heart to others like no one else can which is part of why Diana is so compassionate towards others...
    This is one of those "is this her as a character or just her powers" thing I mentioned. Do you want Diana to have love just because a god gave it to her or because she herself is a loving person?

I believe you're misremembering here. I'm looking at the Perez origin right now and there's nothing in there about the goddesses powering up the Amazons along with the island. The only thing the Amazons received upon arriving at Themyscira was immortality.

The Hercules thing is also just...well, wrong. Nothing of the sort happened.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    I believe you're misremembering here. I'm looking at the Perez origin right now and there's nothing in there about the goddesses powering up the Amazons along with the island. The only thing the Amazons received upon arriving at Themyscira was immortality.

The Hercules thing is also just...well, wrong. Nothing of the sort happened.
    Outside Ruka and Fontana runs. Does anybody remember other examples where they say Rebirth WW got her powers from the Gods?