Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Hell yea. I really loved that mini from 5 years ago. Lemire doesn't always hit for me, but that one did and HARD. Jacinto art unmatched
    It was pretty decent.

If I had one complaint about a lot of people's handling of Bob, it's that it sends the message that 'the world is a better place without you in it', and that's a *huge mistake* to have that as a vibe in a book about a character struggling with mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    When the Molecule Man took over Mr. Fantastic's body, so many years ago, he indicated that Sue's invisibility field/ powers has not "true molecular" state.

Maybe he just likes saying things like that?
    No, I think Owen was stating the truth.

Sue's force fields are constantly shifting energy patterns/particles which not only make them so impervious but also so maleable, but is why powerful energy beams and even physical attacks can be rebuffed with ease and without any ill effects back on Sue (Most Times, but not always).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    https://screenrant.com/hulk-vs-sentr...l-hero-answer/

Oof, really glad they didn't do this. I know some people complain about Sentry being given feats like that but this just feels like petty and small vengeance for a character who doesn't need it. Another good example of Marvel feeling compelled to put newer characters 'in their place' to appease the fans angry about the power hierarchy being disrupted. It reminds me of the plan for the end of Secret Invasion to 'massively depower the Sentry' for some reason. Like...*why*?

Depower the Sentry? Kill Jessica Jones? What???
    Not to be on some "woe me" self pity Sentry tour, but I always felt that Marvel especially Marvel's publishers never liked the Sentry. Especially when "protecting" characters like Thor and Hulk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Hell yea. I really loved that mini from 5 years ago. Lemire doesn't always hit for me, but that one did and HARD. Jacinto art unmatched
    Wasn't 5 years what it took for Sentry's original mini to stay in Marvel's inventory before Bendis brought the character back big time?

I hope the Lemire mini can also acquire the same cult status with current writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    Not to be on some "woe me" self pity Sentry tour, but I always felt that Marvel especially Marvel's publishers never liked the Sentry. Especially when "protecting" characters like Thor and Hulk.
    Yet Sentry stuck around for 20 years despite vocal hate online. At least writers (which should be the ultimate metric to matter for stories) kept glancing back to the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post

Yet Sentry stuck around for 20 years despite vocal hate online. At least writers (which should be the ultimate metric to matter for stories) kept glancing back to the guy.

Yea, true but he was hardly ever taken seriously by writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    Yea, true but he was hardly ever taken seriously by writers.
    There are definitely some writers who just saw him as a useful benchmark/guy to get owned by something, or a character in need of being 'humbled' by more established presences, narrative sense be damned, but he also has plenty of fans, writers who keep using him or wanting to use him, and effortse made to retool him.

The prolbem is that there has been no direction that's been allowed to stick and worst of all there was zero plan in the beginning beyond getting him out there. Bendis really screwed it up out the gate and having him rip Carnage in two first thing set the tone, unfortunately, for how Sentry would come to be used.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-30-2022 at 09:40 AM.