Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    And in comic news, the last Thor issue features a twist regarding Valhalla. I haven't been able to shake off the feeling he'd be used as mostly cannon fodder for these Cates comics ever since we got Thor's Thanos vision, but for better or worse the wheels of Sentry's return should be already turning.
    Yeah, I was meaning to post about that. He was specifically taken there and we have Thor's visions of Thanos leading an army of the dead with an infinity stone encrusted Mjolnir of which Sentry is a part. Cates is a fan of the character and we know he brought him back in the first place. I've had to tell people that Cates clearly has something he's working towards here, and Bob is gonna be a part of it. It'd be nice to have him have a starring role in just one event where he's not 1) the bad guy or 2) gone by the first issue or 3) crippled until the last moment.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 04-30-2022 at 12:17 AM.

Amazing Member

honestly with how cates handled sentry and his continuity, Im lowkey scared about what hes gonna do next with the Sentry

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vault View Post
    Al Ewing's recent Defenders run appears to have shed additional light on the origin of the Sentry and Void's powers. In issue #5, the Defenders encounter two entities of the 3rd Cosmos: Lifebringer One AKA The First Sentry vs Anti-All AKA the Primal Void, a conflict between "Is" and "Is Not", Existence vs Nothingness. These two abstract entities originate in a cosmos that existed before the concept of time and space, science and magic. These two concepts would serve as foundations to the succeeding iterations of the Cosmos.

This potentially suggests that Professor Cornelius' serum, combined with Bob's unique psychological state, created a gateway whereby the essence of the conflict of the 3rd Cosmos became realized in the 7th and 8th Cosmos: The Sentry vs. the Void. This helps to explain how Bob's powers appear to violate laws of reality: they originate in a previous reality in which time, space, life and death don't exist.

That would definitely explain how Sentry has his immortality, where even after Morgana Le Fay physically erased him, he managed to still will himself back into existence. It would also explain his reality warping powers, although I am confused as to whether Sentry only has Molecule Manipulation only or Reality Manipulation only or if he actually has both

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDebater1 View Post
    honestly with how cates handled sentry and his continuity, Im lowkey scared about what hes gonna do next with the Sentry
    I don't doubt he likes Sentry, but I fear he could have other... story priorities now.

But Bob had plenty to do in his Strange comic, so I can only hope Cates has more of that in store for him, instead of just being insta-enrolled in a Thanos redshirt army, and assuming it's still too early to unfold the Thanos story here.

I am confused as to whether Sentry only has Molecule Manipulation only or Reality Manipulation only or if he actually has both
    He's on record as being a reality warper, according to the Agents of Wakanda series this late in his career.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I don't doubt he likes Sentry, but I fear he could have other... story priorities now.

But Bob had plenty to do in his Strange comic, so I can only hope Cates has more of that in store for him, instead of just being insta-enrolled in a Thanos redshirt army, and assuming it's still too early to unfold the Thanos story here.

He's on record as being a reality warper, according to the Agents of Wakanda series this late in his career.
    I dont doubt that he does, but its shown that hes not above shafting Sentry in order to prove another characters power level
    True, but wouldnt Molecule Manip be able to do the same thing?
    im just so confused as to whether Sentry is a genuine reality warper or if he can only manipulate reality through molecules

Honestly, we're making too much of the Ewing stuff from Defenders as an 'explanation'. All the other characters also have primal archetypes to which they are connected from earlier cosmos, after all. It's nice to get a shout out, and I have zero doubt that the 'anti-all' is going to play a role in the 'sun goes black' stuff coming up, in some sense, but let's not just assume it's the 'true secret origin' of the character or anything.

My advice just to be patient.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Honestly, we're making too much of the Ewing stuff from Defenders as an 'explanation'. All the other characters also have primal archetypes to which they are connected from earlier cosmos, after all. It's nice to get a shout out, and I have zero doubt that the 'anti-all' is going to play a role in the 'sun goes black' stuff coming up, in some sense, but let's not just assume it's the 'true secret origin' of the character or anything.

My advice just to be patient.
    That is true, but it would also be a good explanation of how his powers have come to be, and why it's at the ridiculous stage where He's way beyond herald level characters despite his power originating from a mere serum.

Extraordinary Member

They did not show it but the sentry was restored to his original form before he died agian.
    King in Black
    In light of the impending invasion of Earth by Knull - the primordial god of darkness who had created the Symbiotes - the Sentry, restored to his original form, was recalled to Earth by the Avengers, who told Knull that they would watch his demise. Killing one of the symbiote-controlled Celestials, the Sentry grabbed Knull and attempted to fly him into orbit and rip him in half as he once had Carnage. Instead, Knull reversed their positions and ripped the Sentry apart before assimilating the Void into himself.
    So he was back to herald level of power.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    They did not show it but the sentry was restored to his original form before he died agian.
    King in Black

So he was back to herald level of power.
    sentry is above heralds

That is true, but it would also be a good explanation of how his powers have come to be, and why it's at the ridiculous stage where He's way beyond herald level characters despite his power originating from a mere serum.
    In Dark Avengers #11, Molecule Man has difficulty discerning what Bob is made out of. "What are you made of, Bobby? I've tasted every molecule in the world. But I've never tasted anything like you."

The 3rd cosmos link certainly hasn't been confirmed as the de-facto source of Bob's powers, but it's a damn good explanation. His molecules, his essence is made of something not of this reality. And since he has tapped into something from beyond reality, he has the ability to warp reality.
    Currently Reading:
    MARVEL - Fantastic Four, She-Hulk, Hulk vs Thor: Banner of War
    DC - Batman: Shadow War, Batman: Beyond the White Knight, World's Finest
    Dark Horse Koschei the Deathless in Hell
    Other

Extraordinary Member

sentry is above heralds
    Maybe sentry combined with void,but not normal sentry.
    Normal sentry is around herald or herald level and is more powerful then the most powerful herald the silver surfer,but he still below thanos.
    When i mean herald level i mean anything below thanos in power even if they are more powerful then the silver surfer.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-08-2022 at 02:22 AM.

Amazing Member

imo sentry is above thanos

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vault View Post
    In Dark Avengers #11, Molecule Man has difficulty discerning what Bob is made out of. "What are you made of, Bobby? I've tasted every molecule in the world. But I've never tasted anything like you."

The 3rd cosmos link certainly hasn't been confirmed as the de-facto source of Bob's powers, but it's a damn good explanation. His molecules, his essence is made of something not of this reality. And since he has tapped into something from beyond reality, he has the ability to warp reality.
    This is impressive cos Molecule Man has literally experienced molecules across the Marvel Multiverse, yet he didnt know what the Sentry was. It could be a nice link to his otherworldly powers.

Hearing constant rumors that Sentry will be in the upcoming Thunderbolts. But I refuse to get my hopes up after the many disappointments Marvel had "planned" for the character. Hell the villain my be freaking Hyperion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    Hearing constant rumors that Sentry will be in the upcoming Thunderbolts. But I refuse to get my hopes up after the many disappointments Marvel had "planned" for the character. Hell the villain my be freaking Hyperion.
    I'm actually looking forward to Thunderbolts more than any other current upcoming Marvel movie, but more because of liking actors like Florence Pugh and David Harbour (who's currently kicking bloody ass in Violent Night) rather than just following Marvel movies. I'm old school like that.

But while I think a Thunderbolts adaptation is the safest way for Sentry to appear in movies (imagine if the sequel was called Dark Avengers), I'd advise to ignore rumors. At the end of the day even these Thunderbolts (heavy on Captain America and Black Widow lore) are, in common Marvel movies fashion, relying on nostalgia-mining characters created a long time ago, with maybe specific comic runs or storylines being much more recent. Sentry doesn't qualify for any of that yet.