Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDebater1 View Post
    imo sentry is above thanos
    Not normal sentry and that is his true power level.
    If he above thanos it's him combined with someone else/something else powers.
    Example sentry/void(combined)be around or above thanos,but not the sentry.
    Last edited by mace11; 12-09-2022 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to Thunderbolts more than any other current upcoming Marvel movie, but more because of liking actors like Florence Pugh and David Harbour (who's currently kicking bloody ass in Violent Night) rather than just following Marvel movies. I'm old school like that.

But while I think a Thunderbolts adaptation is the safest way for Sentry to appear in movies (imagine if the sequel was called Dark Avengers), I'd advise to ignore rumors. At the end of the day even these Thunderbolts (heavy on Captain America and Black Widow lore) are, in common Marvel movies fashion, relying on nostalgia-mining characters created a long time ago, with maybe specific comic runs or storylines being much more recent. Sentry doesn't qualify for any of that yet.
    Good point and agreed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    Good point and agreed.
    If wanting to feel optimistic, I think the idea of Sentry being the "evil Superman" antagonist in Thunderbolts wouldn't be hard to adapt. Sentry's origin is already adjacent to the Captain America project and S.H.I.E.L.D. and as the Void he's as evil as can get. I'd rather see the Void in the big screen, I think Bob's full range of powers would look more interesting than a bad Hyperion. We already had Ikaris in Eternals for that kind of thing.

If wanting to feel optimistic, I think the idea of Sentry being the "evil Superman" antagonist in Thunderbolts wouldn't be hard to adapt. Sentry's origin is already adjacent to the Captain America project and S.H.I.E.L.D. and as the Void he's as evil as can get. I'd rather see the Void in the big screen, I think Bob's full range of powers would look more interesting than a bad Hyperion. We already had Ikaris in Eternals for that kind of thing.
    I guess we just have to see what happens. But don't want to get my hopes up...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDebater1 View Post
    This is impressive cos Molecule Man has literally experienced molecules across the Marvel Multiverse, yet he didnt know what the Sentry was. It could be a nice link to his otherworldly powers.
    When the Molecule Man took over Mr. Fantastic's body, so many years ago, he indicated that Sue's invisibility field/ powers has not "true molecular" state.

Maybe he just likes saying things like that?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

I guess we just have to see what happens. But don't want to get my hopes up...
    Just skimming online I see Squadron Supreme was already rumored about being featured in Thunderbolts. That sounds true enough to cultivate their Silver-Bronze Age nostalgia mining. I'd like to think Hyperion is more associated with being an Avengers member as recently as Hickman's Avengers run (which is informing current movie projects) in order to not debut him in movies as an antagonist or outright murderous villain as the Void would be (at least some of the Thunderbolts members mean well enough compared to that).

At the end of the day Bob is kind of an "arthouse" character to introduce to Marvel movies, depending on how deeply you want to adapt his comics.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...r-disney-plus/

Lots of rumor swirling. Bob really needs a solo project, to be honest, but I wonder if his personality issues are too similar to Moon Knight's for them to actually delve into them. It's one of the things that makes me doubt this.

Then again, Bob's issues, when treated right, are probably a bit more like he's created a whole other version of himself that embodies the very worst version of himself he can imagine.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-24-2022 at 12:25 AM.

Sentry appearing in the MCU is in my opinion the only way to save the character. Otherwise he'll just keep being seen as a cool "toy" for bored writers(like Donny Cates) to test out.

Astonishing Member

Sentry appearing in the MCU is in my opinion the only way to save the character. Otherwise he'll just keep being seen as a cool "toy" for bored writers(like Donny Cates) to test out.
    If the evil Superman Thunderbolts rumor comes true but it's actually an incarnation of Hyperion, I'll know in my bones the King in Black Thunderbolts tie-in put a curse on the character.

https://screenrant.com/hulk-vs-sentr...l-hero-answer/

Oof, really glad they didn't do this. I know some people complain about Sentry being given feats like that but this just feels like petty and small vengeance for a character who doesn't need it. Another good example of Marvel feeling compelled to put newer characters 'in their place' to appease the fans angry about the power hierarchy being disrupted. It reminds me of the plan for the end of Secret Invasion to 'massively depower the Sentry' for some reason. Like...*why*?

The original outline for Secret Invasion had the original ending massively depower The Sentry and killed off Hercules and Jessica Jones and Luke Cage's baby, as well as having Norman Osborn just out of the blue STEAL the Avengers name from the real Avengers. Instead, Wasp was the hero who died, and Norman Osborn killed Skrull Queen Veranke so his Dark Avengers could be legitimate.
    Depower the Sentry? Kill Jessica Jones? What???
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-27-2022 at 11:01 PM.

If the evil Superman Thunderbolts rumor comes true but it's actually an incarnation of Hyperion, I'll know in my bones the King in Black Thunderbolts tie-in put a curse on the character.
    if squadron supreme is in this then hyperion makes more sense. sentry makes 0 sense here.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent james west View Post
    if squadron supreme is in this then hyperion makes more sense. sentry makes 0 sense here.
    Yeah, it could be the Thunderbolts versus the brainwashed-style Heroes Reborn version of the Squadron minus Mephisto. It's not impossible at all.

Otoh, most rumors seem to be pointing at Sentry right now, with a Disney+ Solo Sentry project afterwards.

We'll find out soon enough.

I have always seen The Sentry as a "one and done" character. A character who only has one story to tell. I feel the same way about Jessica Jones. Once their original story was told you can keep them around but you get the feeling that they aren't meant to stay.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I have always seen The Sentry as a "one and done" character. A character who only has one story to tell. I feel the same way about Jessica Jones. Once their original story was told you can keep them around but you get the feeling that they aren't meant to stay.
    Hard disagree, tbh. There's more you can do with a character like the Sentry. The problem is, a character like Bob, or even Jessica Jones, is that they aren't necessarily suppsoed to be in a monthly comic. Some characters are better off appearing either only in their own stories, or just on occasion. Bob is like that. He either needs to be a solo book, or someone who shows up at particular kinds of stories and times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Hard disagree, tbh. There's more you can do with a character like the Sentry. The problem is, a character like Bob, or even Jessica Jones, is that they aren't necessarily suppsoed to be in a monthly comic. Some characters are better off appearing either only in their own stories, or just on occasion. Bob is like that. He either needs to be a solo book, or someone who shows up at particular kinds of stories and times.
    Hell yea. I really loved that mini from 5 years ago. Lemire doesn't always hit for me, but that one did and HARD. Jacinto art unmatched