Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly the only point to these threads at this point is for test the hypothesis that yes, there is no X-man Karakoa book that Outburstz won’t defend.

Thank god we didn’t get Xorn-Magneto cooking humans in ovens in this era, for their sake.

It’s about the same quality as we have come to expect. Mostly mocking enviorimentalism while thinking it’s somehow promoting it, dragging other characters into the madness again and again.

Curse would be interesting if they actually pulled the trigger on her being a villain or if she ever had some kind of realization but instead she gets to go around like Deadpool at his most amoral and nhilistic.

So….we still going to get the Moira defense that this is a good thing for Nature Girl because no one was using her before hand?
    Biggest love story of this era.

Both Moira and Nature Girl are in bad stories. Gillen at least seems to be using moira plot to do something interesting with his Sinister story, but her character is mostly dead at this point. I hope few people are reading this X-men green crap story

So….we still going to get the Moira defense that this is a good thing for Nature Girl because no one was using her before hand?
    That kind of logic by writers is how we got Heroes in Crisis.

It would be so much easier to just dismiss and ignore this as nothing important, if it weren't for how tied together the X line is. She's killing scores of people for vague TEH ENVIRONMENTS while causing major environmental catastrophes and the response is just 'oh well'. Its really just a matter of how badly literally everyone involved is going to look by the end of this.

Its not worth getting upset about, but its like watching, well, that Austin Powers scene I mentioned last issue. A dude refusing to get out of the way of a steamroller

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

It would be so much easier to just dismiss and ignore this as nothing important, if it weren't for how tied together the X line is. She's killing scores of people for vague TEH ENVIRONMENTS while causing major environmental catastrophes and the response is just 'oh well'. Its really just a matter of how badly literally everyone involved is going to look by the end of this.

Its not worth getting upset about, but its like watching, well, that Austin Powers scene I mentioned last issue. A dude refusing to get out of the way of a steamroller
    With how long this is getting stretched out I’d say it’s the Deadpool scene instead, where the person can’t get out of the way and they just kinda have to wait for the machine to crush them as they try to crawl away over the next several minutes

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

How this works with a X-men team living on NYC and being heroes world wide?
    It's part of the canon and it is hard to ignore how insane this story is. There is no way to salvage these characters

Spectacular Member

I don't mind the idea of Nature Girl going full eco-terrorist, there are 48000 x-kids who are never gonna be more than wallpaper if they're lucky so at least that would give her a niche to make her stand out and be used - and honestly, she's pretty young so I'm even okay with her going at it from this stupid angle of killing supermarket staff because she doesn't have the life experience yet to realise that they're not the enemy. Making her some unhinged kid going after anybody committing the smallest environmental crimes like she's the old-school Punisher killing jaywalkers would actually make her a scary villain operating in her own space and if she just goes after small targets then you don't have to handwave why she doesn't use her powers to just upend the status quo.

It's everything else around her that makes all of this ridiculous...Sauron is basically just interchangeable with Stegron these days, comedy relief dinosaur guy. Curse - ennh - she annoys me, but she seems like an evil little brat so it makes sense for her to be going along with it all. But it just takes me so far out of my suspension of disbelief that Doug Ramsay would set her free, or that the more altruistic members of the QC or the X-Men themselves or even Nature Girl's old classmates didn't step in and do something about this the second she started going off the rails, and even moreso that they have so much trouble actually finding and stopping her. They can obviously locate her when they want to, why haven't they asked Illyana to take her to Limbo and do a Scared Straight with her by now lol

There's like almost a germ of a good idea at the base of all of this and if it were meant to be a slapstick Deadpool story then yeah cool I could roll with all the narrative inconsistencies but I feel like we're meant to be treating this like it has the same stakes as any other x-story and it's way too stupid for me to do that.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I honestly don't know what is up everyone's butt, this is one of the silliest stories ever and I think the author knows but no one else on this board does.

It's a fun story around the idea of environmentalism, is a kid on Marvel Unlimited reads this and decides to carry a reusable bag instead of getting a single use plastic bag what's the harm.

This is similar to those "don't do drugs" comics from the 90's - everyone take a chill-pill.

Honestly the only point to these threads at this point is for test the hypothesis that yes, there is no X-man Karakoa book that Outburstz won’t defend.
    I didn't defend Fallen Angels, Cable, or Wolverine(this is more of my fatigue with Wolverine rather then the story being awful)

Thank god we didn’t get Xorn-Magneto cooking humans in ovens in this era, for their sake.
    ooof

It’s about the same quality as we have come to expect. Mostly mocking enviorimentalism while thinking it’s somehow promoting it, dragging other characters into the madness again and again.
    If that's the niche

Curse would be interesting if they actually pulled the trigger on her being a villain or if she ever had some kind of realization but instead she gets to go around like Deadpool at his most amoral and nhilistic.
    We just met her and you want a full blown character turn around growth arc before we even know who she is?

Honestly yes. If a character is being used there is always a chance for change and different stories. Compared to not being used at all in which case as more and more writers come and go they get forgotten.

You don't have to like the change heck you can even hate it but its not close to me

Usage > Purgatory

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I honestly don't know what is up everyone's butt, this is one of the silliest stories ever and I think the author knows but no one else on this board does.

It's a fun story around the idea of environmentalism, is a kid on Marvel Unlimited reads this and decides to carry a reusable bag instead of getting a single use plastic bag what's the harm.

This is similar to those "don't do drugs" comics from the 90's - everyone take a chill-pill.
    I prefer my environmental stories to actually try and make points about actual issues or at least address actual things then either make strawmen of nature activists, blame the entirely wrong group of people for it, or pull the Lorax movie card and make the villains so cartoonishly evil that people who actually pollute can comfortably convince themselves that they don't actually need to change their behavior because they aren't going out and shooting whales.

It's also kind of insulting when other books have done this message a lot better. I also hesitate to call a book that's got blood a kid's book, even if they don't have the MC scissor stabbing people in the neck anymore but the writing's on that level at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

We just met her and you want a full blown character turn around growth arc before we even know who she is?
    How many issues of Unlimited has she been running in around so far? If we don't know her character by now, that's on the writer's for not bothering to give her much of a character besides "I want to see people die!"

Honestly yes. If a character is being used there is always a chance for change and different stories. Compared to not being used at all in which case as more and more writers come and go they get forgotten.

You don't have to like the change heck you can even hate it but its not close to me

Usage > Purgatory
    Counterpoint: Duela Dent from New 52 where she was reinvented as a mass-murdering psychopath, or let's go with Moira becoming Bastion 2.0. Or hell, let's say that Magneto disappeared for a decade only to come back in human oven mode. I will never get this attitude that destroying who characters were and forcing them to become entirely different people with little/no explanation or connection to who they previously were just because they are in a book. It's like stating that Beast suddenly being an amoral jackass who tortures his friends because hey, at least he's in X-force.

How many issues of Unlimited has she been running in around so far? If we don't know her character by now, that's on the writer's for not bothering to give her much of a character besides "I want to see people die!"
    Nature girl is the main character we I still dealing with her change in stance towards humans. Curse is like the devil on the shoulder egging her on.

Counterpoint: Duela Dent from New 52 where she was reinvented as a mass-murdering psychopath, or let's go with Moira becoming Bastion 2.0. Or hell, let's say that Magneto disappeared for a decade only to come back in human oven mode. I will never get this attitude that destroying who characters were and forcing them to become entirely different people with little/no explanation or connection to who they previously were just because they are in a book. It's like stating that Beast suddenly being an amoral jackass who tortures his friends because hey, at least he's in X-force.
    Because they can change back just as fast if they want. I remember the Emma clones when they wanted to be individual. One even went rogue and tried to hook up with Magneto changing her whole appearance and killed. Now she is back to just being one of the 5.

Just as fast as characters can change they can change back or turn into something else.

but you can't change if you don't get used

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Nature Girl appears to have a crush on Pyro which may be why he helped her.
    My flag is bacon.

Because they can change back just as fast if they want. I remember the Emma clones when they wanted to be individual. One even went rogue and tried to hook up with Magneto changing her whole appearance and killed. Now she is back to just being one of the 5.

Just as fast as characters can change they can change back or turn into something else.

Not all change is good.

Astonishing Member

Nature girl is the main character we I still dealing with her change in stance towards humans. Curse is like the devil on the shoulder egging her on.

I prefer change that feels like a natural progression and continuation of the character instead of smashing them to pieces because the author needs them to fit a new role. I actually consider forcing the Emma clones back to the no individuality also a bad thing because that's just stagnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not all change is good.
    but all usage is good

I prefer change that feels like a natural progression and continuation of the character instead of smashing them to pieces because the author needs them to fit a new role. I actually consider forcing the Emma clones back to the no individuality also a bad thing because that's just stagnation.
    But thanks to what Destiny said about them some future writer can go a head and change them again and that doesn't happen if they are not being used.

but all usage is good
    Of course not

Astonishing Member

So can I claim Husk's use by Chuck Austen was good because she was on the X-men team because of that?