Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mars

Default Mars

So, now that it has been some time, and X-Men Red is out... what do you think of the Mutant invasion of Mars?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    So, now that it has been some time, and X-Men Red is out... what do you think of the Mutant invasion of Mars?
    Invasion you say? Some may call it special operation
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Personally I think it's cool the mutants have revived a dead planet, arrako. The avengers would be invading a celestial as they are living in something else like an invasive species would. Like maggots in dead bodies.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Love it. The Planet Arakko setting lends itself to some really fun storytelling, and Al Ewing crushed the first issue of X-men Red.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Personally I think it's cool the mutants have revived a dead planet, arrako. The avengers would be invading a celestial as they are living in something else like an invasive species would. Like maggots in dead bodies.
    Aaron would be very fond of this analogy, after all according to his retcons humanity is the end result of celestial vomit or something like that
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mars wasn’t doing jack all before the mutants showed up. Now it’s the center of Sol. Talk about a major upgrade. Also can you invade something if nothing lives there? Did we call it invading the moon when we went there?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I think its spectacular, reviving a dead world and making it a home for a people is such a wonderful thing. If that is what constitute mutant invasion they should do that to all the dead planets

I didn't know Brand had a CBR account.

Love it. I applied to move there and to be a bartender at the Red Lagoon. Can't wait.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Love it. I applied to move there and to be a bartender at the Red Lagoon. Can't wait.
    Oop what's on the drink menu? I'm finna go.

Finally someone calls things as they are, bravo, that's an invasion, call it whatever you want but it is what it is, we also see it in real life in countries that love to steal resources from others and launch horrible wars where only innocent pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Mars wasn’t doing jack all before the mutants showed up. Now it’s the center of Sol. Talk about a major upgrade. Also can you invade something if nothing lives there? Did we call it invading the moon when we went there?
    Yes.
    that is precisely also invasion if you are not native to that planet and you go to another you are invading (invasive species, applies to humans, animals and vegetation) the same applies to virgin natural paradises etc... the human being is the worst invasive species that exists, even among them there is no respect for life, only for stealing resources, hello multiple wars.

But let's suppose that this is deeply rooted in man for centuries, unfortunately. x_x

I’d like it a lot more if it wasn’t at its core more of the ‘mutantkind dabbing on the humans’ that this era is known for. Sure it’s impressive that they terraformed a planet but it wasn’t for everyone, it was for their own kind down to both renaming it and just electing themselves as the ones who speak for everyone. At most, they created a small neutral zone acting as a hub but the rest of the planet is basically just for their kind. It just becomes a bit tiring when they show that mutantkind has the ability to uplift everyone into a better age but only do so for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’d like it a lot more if it wasn’t at its core more of the ‘mutantkind dabbing on the humans’ that this era is known for. Sure it’s impressive that they terraformed a planet but it wasn’t for everyone, it was for their own kind down to both renaming it and just electing themselves as the ones who speak for everyone. At most, they created a small neutral zone acting as a hub but the rest of the planet is basically just for their kind. It just becomes a bit tiring when they show that mutantkind has the ability to uplift everyone into a better age but only do so for themselves.
    Oh so you mean like the rest of the marvel line for the last few decades in regard to mutants and gassing and registering them or setting them up for judgement. At least they extending they life and giving them mental health. i'd take that dab anyday.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Yes.
    that is precisely also invasion if you are not native to that planet and you go to another you are invading (invasive species, applies to humans, animals and vegetation) the same applies to virgin natural paradises etc... the human being is the worst invasive species that exists, even among them there is no respect for life, only for stealing resources, hello multiple wars.

But let's suppose that this is deeply rooted in man for centuries, unfortunately. x_x
    There was no life on Mars prior to the mutants terraforming it. It was literally a dead planet.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”