Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mars

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Where’s John Carter?
    His movie flopped so they send him and everyone else on Mars to Venus instead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    "And yet somehow they apparently haven’t considered the consequences of giving an entire race that would essentially be ever expanding due to the fact that they break the natural order immortality." We don't know that. We do know however that they have the power to bring life to a dead world, and we know that there are countless desolate worlds like Mars in the universe that are uninhabited. As far as the "natural order" is concerned... we are talking about comic book characters who can literally speak things in and out of existence.
    The mutants are Deviants. Eternals are coded to correct excess deviation. The mutants are eternal, Mars colonizers, ever-spreading. Eternals know what they should do. Our heroes don’t want to, but can they resist the murderous designs coded into their body as surely as any Sentinel? And if they can’t, can anyone survive the coming judgment?
    Well, it looks like they already got on someone's naughty list.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Well, it looks like they already got on someone's naughty list.
    The Eternals are being lead by Thanos and his even more crazier Uncle. Thanos literally hates immortal beings because it flies in the face of his belief system like come on of COURSE he hates Krakoa doesn't mean he has a legitimate reason because like every single maniacal belief he has it breaks down under scrutiny.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    The Eternals are being lead by Thanos and his even more crazier Uncle. Thanos literally hates immortal beings because it flies in the face of his belief system like come on of COURSE he hates Krakoa doesn't mean he has a legitimate reason because like every single maniacal belief he has it breaks down under scrutiny.
    Yeah, but in universe consequences are the only ones that matter. Nutty Thanos is more important than nutty fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yeah, but in universe consequences are the only ones that matter. Nutty Thanos is more important than nutty fanboys.
    This! this right here. And i love me some Thanos and i love me some xmen and i honestly don't see how they take him down short of him being a mutant being revealed. We gon' need Phoenix Jean, Kenyan HAdari Yao Goddess Storm, They gonna need the 12, the 5, the 6, and the 7. shiizzz. Gillien writes a damn good thanos so don't expect him to get gimped and he shouldn't.

The only ones i haven't seen in utter fear of thanos power is the witches/fates in his solo with death with the cauldron. And i guess maybe ghost rider with cute little baby thanos.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This! this right here. And i love me some Thanos and i love me some xmen and i honestly don't see how they take him down short of him being a mutant being revealed. We gon' need Phoenix Jean, Kenyan HAdari Yao Goddess Storm, They gonna need the 12, the 5, the 6, and the 7. shiizzz. Gillien writes a damn good thanos so don't expect him to get gimped and he shouldn't.

The only ones i haven't seen in utter fear of thanos power is the witches/fates in his solo with death with the cauldron. And i guess maybe ghost rider with cute little baby thanos.
    Why doesn't someone go back in time to when Thanos is a baby and throw him in the blender?
    Last edited by The Regent; 04-11-2022 at 05:27 PM.

Why doesn't someone go back in time to when Thanos is a baby and through him in the blender?
    Because even as a baby he is dangerous and would probably blend them first.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Because even as a baby he is dangerous and would probably blend them first.
    Seriously?!? Phoenix Jean can't deal with him...

Does Thanos have a counter to telekinesis? Because maybe Hellion could catch him off-guard and throw him into the sun. Or hell, throw him at the Orchis base and destroy all of the X-Men's enemies at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Does Thanos have a counter to telekinesis? Because maybe Hellion could catch him off-guard and throw him into the sun. Or hell, throw him at the Orchis base and destroy all of the X-Men's enemies at once.
    "Or hell, throw him at the Orchis base and destroy all of the X-Men's enemies at once." XD this is brilliant!

Seriously?!? Phoenix Jean can't deal with him...
    The problem is you can't let them win because the avengers always have a hard time, everyone usually does so maybe it's just i can't see them letting mutants beat thanos. and from that synopsis if i never read the book would i even want them to? that's about as heavy handed as you can get for a supposed mutant event. I know i may seem out there sometimes but my instincts usually be on. lol

It almost feels like if we do i vs X and A vs X but from undercover the x-line that will make it different. Now i'm looking forward to combing through the pages when/if i eventually read it because i'll be right here pointing out whatever as someone who has read it all. There is no scrub deep enough to cleanse my mind. lol. Let's go...
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-11-2022 at 06:32 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The problem is you can't let them win because the avengers always have a hard time, everyone usually does so maybe it's just i can't see them letting mutants beat thanos. and from that synopsis if i never read the book would i even want them to? that's about as heavy handed as you can get for a supposed mutant event. I know i may seem out there sometimes but my instincts usually be on. lol
    Unfortunately your right... Thanos seems to have taken Galactus old role of being the ultimate boogeyman of marvel, only the writers have the power to beat him. To be fair though I wouldn't be mad if he whooped everyone with a combination of his genius, alien resources and raw power but having him punch his way through everything is meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    So, now that it has been some time, and X-Men Red is out... what do you think of the Mutant invasion of Mars?
    No one lived there. You should edit out invasion and replace the word with ressurection

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Yes.
    that is precisely also invasion if you are not native to that planet and you go to another you are invading (invasive species, applies to humans, animals and vegetation) the same applies to virgin natural paradises etc... the human being is the worst invasive species that exists, even among them there is no respect for life, only for stealing resources, hello multiple wars.

But let's suppose that this is deeply rooted in man for centuries, unfortunately. x_x
    I know it's already been pointed out several times in response to your post, but since you quoted me. Mars didn't have any resources to steal, the Mutants made the resources. There was no life to disrespect, PSXM made all of this abundantly clear, we had an entire issue dedicated to it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I know it's already been pointed out several times in response to your post, but since you quoted me. Mars didn't have any resources to steal, the Mutants made the resources. There was no life to disrespect, PSXM made all of this abundantly clear, we had an entire issue dedicated to it.
    Yup, I agree with that. It was just a big floating rock that was not used, so why not? No one owned it.

I like the Mars thing and actually think the best stories come from the Mars-books (SWORD, X-Men Red) so far. I am interested to see more of the introduced Arakki characters they introduced so far. The only thing I fear for is that they keep on thowingnew Arakki in, without developing the current introduced ones first. Kind of what they did with the students when the school was full of them.

So let's hope the develop the Great Ring characters a bit more and hell, I love that the=y will focus on Sunspot and Vulcan in X-Men Red.

So please let us keep Planet Arokko and Krakoa for the future, as it is a great development.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================