Extraordinary Member

Default Yor Forger vs. MCU Captain America

Since the SPY X FAMILY anime aired last week I thought it could be fun to test out the mother of the series in our rumbles fashion.

So here we have Yor Forger (The Thorn Princess) taking on the MCU incarnation of Steve Rogers (Captain America) in the arena.

Yor has her standard work equipment and Steve has his shield.

Who wins?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Steve is likely stronger but Yor is a fair bit quicker.

Steve is tough as **** and will give Yor a hard time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Steve is likely stronger but Yor is a fair bit quicker.

Steve is tough as **** and will give Yor a hard time.
    The recent number of threads with Yor made me realize I forgot to respond to this one. ^^'

I honestly wonder if Steve is stronger than Yor. I can't really see him sending a person ping-ponging down an alley by kicking them or shredding a tennis ball because he forgot to hold back on his swing.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm with Dark Soul # 7. Steve kicks a truck and it moves enough to knock a person flying. Yor kicks a speeding car, completely redirecting it. Steve leaps, double-foot kicks people and sends them flying a fair ways (20'-30'). Yor kicks people and makes them (as noted) ping-pong their way down an alley much further than that, or fly so far she's drawn like an ant in the background.

I feel that Yor is a chunk stronger than Steve, based on feats. Add onto to that the fact that she's faster than him and more skilled (pressure points, yo). I feel the only way Steve keeps up with her is in damage soak/durability, which basically means he's a punching bag for a stronger, faster, more skilled opponent, here.

However, since both of them have their standard equipment, Yor doesn't need to punch Steve around. I feel the fight is brief; Steve frantically defends for a short time until Yor manages to stick one of her spikes somewhere important (and she will) or pin his foot to the ground, then the next spike goes in his head.

Mileage, it doth vary.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I don't know, Steve's lifting of the steel beams off Bucky and his helicopter grab feats are pretty ridiculous.

While I agree Yor has better striking feats and she seems a lot more casual with her displays of strength, but I don't think the strength difference is hugely significant for my money.

Did anyone ever work out what kind of helicopter it was? And what kind of load it can manage?

I look at this

Str 7.jpg

Or this

Str 3.jpg

and there is nothing in the movies to indicate Steve hits close to this level of power. His best stuff is 'destroying Jeep with thrown motorcycle', 'kicking truck to make it spin and knock someone 15', 'flying kick with both feet sends someone 20'+' etc.

He certainly doesn't hit a tennis ball and make it go supersonic while holding back.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-10-2022 at 11:12 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Nevermind, found it.

So we're looking at this being Steve holding back a little under 1.5 tons of lifting power while putting out what is clearly extreme effort.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

For what it's worth, when Your casually smacked that tennis in what was explicitly a gentle single handed serve for her, it seemed to be going so fast that it was causing the ground to treat up in its wake (though the background was drawn so abstractly in that scene it might have just been how it seemed from Nightfall's terrified perspective), and the CBPH/low end meta Nightfall needed both arms to catch the serve with her racquet so that it wouldn't kill her, and even then she couldn't move her racquet forward even with all her strength before the racquet ended up exploding from the forces involved.