Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Depending on how you interpret "dragon," some versions of Ananta-Sesha, the greatest of the Naga, might be larger than Super Shenron, though I don't know if any non-religious story also depicts him as being essentially infinitely large and balancing the worlds/universes upon his countless heads, with the coiling of his body dictating the flow of time.
    ...winner, maybe. ^_^ This thread has certainly gone interesting places.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Amazing Member

I mean, I'm sure there's a version of Tiamat somewhere that's both basically a dragon and still some type of demiurge, but even then, would that necessarily be the sort we'd feel comfortable saying could restore universes from oblivion, or whatever it is a Super Shenron does?

Omnipotence is nice and all, but, at thia point, we appear to be looking for a very particular set of skills.
    Herochat.com now surprisingly back from the dead. Again.

Amazing Member

Did the Slayers dragons consider the Lord of Nightmares one of the dragon gods, the way at least some of the mazoku seemed to consider her a demon?
    Last edited by Alias; 04-23-2022 at 11:26 AM.
    Herochat.com now surprisingly back from the dead. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    I mean, I'm sure there's a version of Tiamat somewhere that's both basically a dragon and still some type of demiurge, but even then, would that necessarily be the sort we'd feel comfortable saying could restore universes from oblivion, or whatever it is a Super Shenron does?

Omnipotence is nice and all, but, at thia point, we appear to be looking for a very particular set of skills.
    That is but one thing we know he is capable of. And considering its the Lord(s) of Everything, Zenos that erased said universes with frightening ease, its clear Super Shenron's abilities, when used, are on a similar level.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Did the Slayers dragons consider the Lord of Nightmares one of the dragon gods, the way at least some of the mazoku seemed to consider her a demon?
    I don't think that the Dragon Gods or the Mazoku considered The Lord of Nightmares to be anything like themselves, it was just mortals misunderstanding her as being the ultimate demon.

The Dragon Gods and Mazoku were aware that she was actually the Golden Sea of Chaos, IIRC, though I think that the sub-God tier members of at least the Mazoku didn't quote understand exactly what that meant, as Hell Master Phibrizio learned when he found out today summoning her power is the same thing as summoning her will, and got himself erased by said will in the process (resulting in him dying in terror, despite the fact that his entire nature and cosmic purpose was centered around causing the deaths of everything, including himself).
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 04-24-2022 at 08:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

To be fair, I believe that the whole Super Shenron tangent was entirely about size, not power.

Anyone remember if the Shin Megami Tensei 4: Apocalypse version of Ananta-Sesha was universe/multiverse+ size in at least the lore?