Default Marvel's All New tabletop Role Playing Game

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-multivers...ion-demiplane/

Demiplane released the trailer today for its Marvel-approved new digital companion for the comics giant's upcoming tabletop RPG, and it promises a wealth of content for fans.

Last year, Marvel revealed its plans for a tabletop RPG, the Marvel Multiverse Role-Playing Game, which allows fans to insert themselves into the world of Marvel as either one of its famous heroes or as a hero they create themselves. The official Playtest Rulebook is slated to release on April 20, and Demiplane has revealed its digital companion for the RPG will release in conjunction with the book.
    Was this crowdfunded at all? I'm probably thinking of something else entirely.

Curious. Well, I wish them luck and success. I was an owner and fan of the old TSR system from the 1980s, which I'm pleased to say has carried on a cult following since then.

I have no idea how the new game rules and dynamics are going to work.

It's "odd" to me that there's this big deal made about a digital sourcebook, but I suppose that because there are literally hundreds of characters to choose from now, I suppose that saves paper for character profiles. But I hope that the rules are not labyrinthine and overly complicated.

I've never heard of the publisher, Demiplane. What are their other games?

I don't believe there was any crowdfunding, and I don't know of anything else that Demiplane has done, but digital sourcebooks are good for sharing with your friends without them having to be in the same room, especially as most TTRPGs are being done online these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I don't believe there was any crowdfunding, and I don't know of anything else that Demiplane has done, but digital sourcebooks are good for sharing with your friends without them having to be in the same room, especially as most TTRPGs are being done online these days.
    why are they being done online? the pandemic, mainly? I guess everybody has to have their own dice?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    why are they being done online? the pandemic, mainly? I guess everybody has to have their own dice?
    If you have something like Roll20, you can roll virtual dice instead.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The pandemic is a major part of it, but there's also the fact that it's easier to find people to play some games (damn near every non-D&D game) online

And many of the places you can play online will have virtual dice rolling utilities. Roll 20 has a lot of sheets uploaded that can be accessed for free. When I play Monster of the Week I can just press a button for most moves and it'll auto-roll and add my stats for me.

Are there profiles for all of the major characters?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

which one should I buy at this point?

this one? Is this "Playtest" the full version?
    https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Multiv...s%2C86&sr=8-16

what about this older reboot attempt?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/22492495246...cAAOSwKPth8eo6