Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Who’s she going to blame for the out of character moments, nonsensical plotting and forced conflict this time?

Hard pass on this after trial of magneto left a sour taste in my mouth.
    Editors of course. They pay her to write the comics theirselves, clever

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I enjoy the lineup, and I'm particularly happy to see Jubliee get the chance to hopefully do something, but Williams is too inconsistent for me.

Trial of Magneto was honestly nothing short of a hot mess, and despite editorial involvement, ultimately Williams bears the brunt of that. Terrible characterizations, and bad dialogue is not something you can blame others for. When given the chance to work with certain characters she does well, as I did enjoy her Northstar, but she just can't stick the landing when writing every character she's charged with. Hopefully this mini works out better for her, but I'm probably going to be skipping this.

Carlos Gomez at Instagram

Dazz and jubs wouldn't be redundant in the same group?
    I mean Dazzler is much more powerful and does a lot more things with her powers than jubs, but visually and in effect they make me very redundant on the same team.

It would make more sense to me if Syrin was there and I was able to power up Dazling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Dazz and jubs wouldn't be redundant in the same group?
    I mean Dazzler is much more powerful and does a lot more things with her powers than jubs, but visually and in effect they make me very redundant on the same team.

It would make more sense to me if Syrin was there and I was able to power up Dazling.
    The point of them being together in this book is bc they all have similar powersets. The premise is about the 3 being kidnapped with Wolverine being there likely as part of a rescue mission. Siryn doesnt work for the concept that Leah is going for which is to build on something that people have commented on for like 3 decades

BANNED

I still don't get the meaning and the purpose of the "X-Terminators" team name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant 77 View Post
    I still don't get the meaning and the purpose of the "X-Terminators" team name.
    It was original to exterminate mutants. Its more of a legacy title now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I know, and I just think that it doesn't make sense at all. Marvel is weird.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was X-Factors name when they were not dressed up as mutant hunters. As a book title, it was the team name the X-Factor kids gave themselves when they were rescuing babies in Inferno.

And, past that, it is just a legacy name, yes.

Mighty Member

The art looks nice. Now can we get writers to start taking these characters seriously? I miss the Outback days where Alison was unsure but she was there to keep pushing and proving herself. And no more drunk Tabitha. That was lame and not any version of Boom Boom I ever remember reading.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

this is all I needed to see - I'm in
    Is it bigger than Mary Jane Watson's though:

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Carlos Gomez at Instagram
    So flashback, concert outfit, or are they going to be shifting outfits between the Death Game? Considering the description, I'm honestly expecting the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant 77 View Post
    I know, and I just think that it doesn't make sense at all. Marvel is weird.
    Thiiiis
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax;[URL="tel:6010457"
    6010457[/URL]]Dazz and jubs wouldn't be redundant in the same group?
    Meltdown (Boom Boom ugh) wouldn't be as well? And like many people already mentioned teams like Morrison's New X-Men (3 telepaths) and black ops X-Force (claws!) Had characters with similar powersets and still their books were entertaining
    Quote Originally Posted by cranger;[URL="tel:6010651"
    6010651[/URL]]It was X-Factors name when they were not dressed up as mutant hunters. As a book title, it was the team name the X-Factor kids gave themselves when they were rescuing babies in Inferno.

And, past that, it is just a legacy name, yes.
    while I'm aware of this I still wish/make more sense that books such as this one, Marauders, Hellions, has more yo do with their namesake.
    GrindrStone(D)

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

So flashback, concert outfit, or are they going to be shifting outfits between the Death Game? Considering the description, I'm honestly expecting the latter.
    Nah, MJ got them WHEAT CAKES

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Speaking of, still disappointed that Marvel won't let Leah Williams and Carlos Gomez finish up Amazing Mary Jane . . . maybe an OGN filling the gap between what was supposed to be the start of the second arc and her return to New York in Amazing Spider-Man's Last Remains? That said, I would be more than fine with an X-Men/Spider-Man team-up involving Emma Frost and Black Cat working together on a heist or something, and Black Cat getting Mary Jane entangled in the plot as well, similar to Mary Jane/Black Cat Beyond --- as long as Leah Williams and Carlos Gomez are working together on it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    The art looks nice. Now can we get writers to start taking these characters seriously? I miss the Outback days where Alison was unsure but she was there to keep pushing and proving herself. And no more drunk Tabitha. That was lame and not any version of Boom Boom I ever remember reading.
    Heh, yeah...i don't think that is going to be happening any time soon sadly.