Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hmm, I have always considered Dazzler-Tabby-Jubes to be very much of the same archetype(version 1,2, and 3), so I'm not sure how all three of them together will work, but to each their own.
    They gonna form the most powerful mutant circuit. Eat your heart out, Cuckoos!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Does this confirm Laura is off of the X-Men for Y2?
    There is no upper limit to how many books Wolverines can be in.

Trial of Magneto aside I've really enjoyed Williams work (and I love Boom-Boom) so will be picking this one up.

Super fun team line-up but I hope we get some well thought justification for the team line-up in the plot. The only characters with real history here are Laura/Jubilee - unless you count Jubes spying on Dazzler and the X-Men in the Outback.

On a side note, I really hate them re-using the names of old series for completley different books.

Whenever you say Fallen Angels now peope think of the bad Kwannon and her digital kid book not the gloriously daft 80's mini-series with a vengeful lobster and Devil-Dinosaur.

I have a soft spot for Inferno X-Terminators so hope this doesn't do a similar thing. At least Boom-Boom is in both books.

Irrelevant

Hard pass for me
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

I was hoping they'd end up doing something with the Scarlet Witch...ah well.

Whatever your feelings on Leah Williams I feel like this kind of cast of frenetic, high energy, "flashy" women fits her writing style quite a bit, so hopefully it makes for an entertaining yarn and how their personalities and powers work alongside the death game they get stuck in.

And Laura's in there too, for some reason .

Carlos Gomez' art should be nice .

Errr...this is certainly a choice

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    There is no upper limit to how many books Wolverines can be in.
    In this sense, Wolverines are indeed omegas.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    ... the logo is nice.
    Tom Muller is the biggest unsung hero of Krakoa.

The synopsis is right up my alley, mixing Saw with the X-Men sounds amazing to me. Add to it that it’s only a limited series is a big plus. Gomez does great work as well. I’ve voiced my dislike for Williams work plenty of times so I won’t get too much into that in this post but I like her enthusiasm in the article so I’m going to pick this up.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I dont hae confidence in Leah but it will be interesting seeing the 3 blasters in the same story after decades of them being compared to as similar characters in some way (Dazzler and Jubilee having functionally similar powersets and Jubilee being created as a Boom Boom stand-in and fulfilling the same role)

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'll check it out, but not quite what I was expecting. I enjoy Williams' writing, Gomez' art is good (although it can lean a bit cheesecake), and I like most of the cast, but I'm not really feeling the grindhouse theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'll check it out, but not quite what I was expecting. I enjoy Williams' writing, Gomez' art is good (although it can lean a bit cheesecake), and I like most of the cast, but I'm not really feeling the grindhouse theme.
    Okay, I'm in.

Curious about the Grindhouse theme. It could be good, or it could turn out bad. I like Williams, but I prefer when she went with a more understated and emotional route, rather than something over-the-top.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

this is all I needed to see - I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

this is all I needed to see - I'm in
    Same. The “Captain Marvel has a fat ass” running joke was actually the only thing I liked about Bendis’ Mighty Avengers. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”