Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

spoilers:
    This issue was 3 stories intertwined but I wish it just picked 1 to flesh out and commit to. Each subplot are interesting but the bits and pieces approach didn't appeal to me.

It's funny as I was fond of this run since the beginning. It seems like the end chapters is spiraling out of control.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-27-2024 at 03:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    spoilers:
    This issue was 3 stories intertwined but I wish it just picked 1 to flesh out and commit to. Each subplot are interesting but the bits and pieces approach didn't appeal to me.

It's funny as I was fond of this run since the beginning. It seems like the end chapters is spiraling out of control.

end of spoilers
    The pieces were definitely better than the whole, though of the three I think I enjoyed the Question/Batgirl team up and the Dr. Hurt back up better than the main story.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The pieces were definitely better than the whole, though of the three I think I enjoyed the Question/Batgirl team up and the Dr. Hurt back up better than the main story.
    I'm more into the Hurt focused one myself but that was good too.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-27-2024 at 09:34 AM.

Renee and Cass is the team-up I never knew I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Renee and Cass is the team-up I never knew I needed.
    Yeah, that worked really well. That said it didn't move the story forward at all and isn't giving us any insight into what the Ograms are trying to do which seems like a missed opportunity.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 02-27-2024 at 12:52 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, that worked really well. That said it didn't move the story forward at all and isn't giving us any insight into what the Ograms are trying to do which seems like a missed opportunity.
    I have to agree with you . I keep buying Detective hoping for a breakthrough on the whole story . But it's just extremely slow . I'm not saying that it's bad , just too slow in reaching a conclusion . At this pace the conclusion might be in 2025 .

I love Dr. Hurt and Batman getting tempted in the desert, but the Orghams are boring. They’re yet another evil cabal of rich people who want to take Gotham from Bruce, like the Court of Owls and the Black Glove before them. It’s a pity V spent most of his run focusing on them because they have no longevity.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

DETECTIVE COMICS #1086
    Written by RAM V
    Art by JAVIER FERNÁNDEZ
    Cover by EVAN CAGLE
    Backup written by ALEX PAKNADEL
    Variant cover by SEB McKINNON
    Variant cover by JAVIER FERNÁNDEZ
    1:25 variant cover by SEBASTIAN FIUMARA
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 6/25/24

An unexpected villain has made an appearance in Gotham, trailing chaos, destruction, and horror in their wake. Now, as chaos tears a bloody gash through the sinister order of the Orghams’ Gotham, Batman is the city’s only hope for salvation. But is the city too far gone for even the Dark Knight to save it?

Extraordinary Member

Detective Comics #1083 Preview
    Writer: Ram V
    Artists: Riccardo Federici and Stefano Raffael
    Backup Writer: Dan Watters
    Backup Artist: Jorge Fornes

I'm so tired of evil Batman variants.

spoilers:
    Batman returns!!! should've been the title of this chapter.

The detour through surrealism comes to an end. So far this has been the weakest set of issues in the run. I'm hoping the end of Ram V's run pulls itself together.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-26-2024 at 08:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Detective Comics #1084 Preview
    Writer: Ram V
    Artist: Javier Fernandez
    Backup Writer: Alex Paknadel
    Backup Artist: Robbi Rodriguez

He's back! Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's back! Again...
    Yeah, and it was a pretty rote"Batman's Back!" kind of story. I'm not saying it was badly done, the characterization of Bruce was great, I loved seeing him smile, and the scenes with both Catwoman and Talia were well done...but it didn't feel new at any moment and once again we still didn't get a real motivation for why Ogram is taking over Gotham so there was no forward movement.

This issue had some good character moments but not much happens to move the plot forward.

At best there's some set up for the finale but this part of the run feels like its running on fumes.

too much of a good thing would be a good way to describe this run. There are alot of cool elements indivudually but it hasnt come together well.